Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

SFI alert
April 09, 2014 03:22PM
Please note that SFI has found several products (suits, hoods) sold by Sawan Sports which bear counterfeit SFI labels stating that the manufacturer certifies that their products meet the applicable SFI Specs. SFI obtained examples of some of these products and determined through testing that they DO NOT meet the performance requirements of the SFI Specs: The Thermal Protection Performance of the suit falls short of the 3.2A/5 rating claimed on the counterfeit tag, and the thread holding the hood (balaclava) together is not heat-resistant. These products have NOT been submitted for certification by the manufacturer and they do not comply with SFI Spec 3.2A for Driver Suits or SFI Spec 3.3 for Driver Accessories. It should be noted that for any spec program, certification that products meet the minimum standards is made by the submitting manufacturer. Products are NOT certified, endorsed or approved by SFI. SFI Specifications require that a manufacturer’s label appear on fire suits and hoods, but there are no manufacturer-identifying markings on these products. Necessary measures should be taken to ensure that items purchased from this source are not allowed to be used where compliance with the relevant SFI Specifications are required. Please contact SFI with any concerns or inquiries about questionable product.

So basically these particular items have bogus SFI labels and no manucturer tags. Literally a no name product.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
b00sted
David Barrett
Senior Moderator

Re: SFI alert
April 14, 2014 01:19AM
Impact Performance did this a year or so ago as well...helmets,seat belts, and neck braces I believe.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

April 14, 2014 09:50AM
Yup. Addys in India and Pakistan, no link to dealer network. Whomever wrote the website is from Nigeria judging by the wording.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 14, 2014 04:19PM
Who cares.

Grant Hughes
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

April 14, 2014 06:57PM
I get all my SFI tags at Fedex Office.

smoking smiley

Oh, and I have some Porflex shows 4 sail, cheep.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login