Advanced

Glazed-Eyed Contradictory Waffle

Posted by Rich Smith 
Rich Smith
Rich Smith
Senior Moderator

Glazed-Eyed Contradictory Waffle
April 06, 2009 09:09PM
This quote was NOT written about Rally (But I wonder how many industries it might apply to?):

"Fashions change, the laws of physics don't. A simple and irrefutable statement, one would think. Unfortunately this industry, like most of the others which survive off the entertainment media, is populated with large numbers of persons who persistently refuse to believe it. Such are the individuals who are responsible for sweeping condemnations based on statements that tickle the sense of plausability rather than sufficient breadth of comprehension and depth of knowledge to substantiate or explain them. So many of these proclamations are made for political and commercial reasons, totally unrelated to actual technological facts."

"Such are the statements from which fashions are born - inertia sweeping them forward until the original criticisms have been well laid to rest but the engendered antipathy lingers on irrationally, supported dim-wittedly by those similarly incapable of substantiating their own opinions. Sadly, in an industry where abstract notions are a stock-in-trade and everybody has a pair of ears it is quite difficult to make clarifying statements based on fact - someone somewhere will always be at hand to propose yet another set of glazed-eyed contradictory waffle."

END
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Anders Green
Anders Green
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

Re: Glazed-Eyed Contradictory Waffle
April 16, 2009 02:21PM
Nice find, I dig it. smiling smiley

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login