Posted by sagsert 
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

Re: New Turbo
May 02, 2006 07:20PM
Bolt it up to what is the question though.

If I try to bolt it up to the Galant I'd have to build a cage to carry the weight. I am still waiting for someone to post the plans for the Jet thingy.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
Please Login or Register to post a reply
PAddy
Patrick McVeigh
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Student Loans

May 02, 2006 07:46PM
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 03, 2006 09:27AM
I now know what I need to do. Build an auxillary jet engine for my scooter. In fact, I already have a turbo sitting in my garage. Wanna race Moose?

Grant Hughes
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 03, 2006 12:27PM
These kinds of things are dangerous when you get a few people in close proximity to each other.
It started here with a Pulse Jet
"I figured out what we need to build for the Ruckus so I can get a little more speed. Well, it may just make a lot of noise and look really fucking cool.
Video
http://www.vhp.co.uk/images/pulse-lr.wmv
Directions to building.
http://www.vhp.co.uk/turbine/pulsejet.shtml
" - Grant

And has already morphed to here.
" If the pulse jet generates enough flow out of the rear (which judging from the plant movements in the background it probably does), put a exhaust flange on the rear and a appropriately matched turbocharger such that when the pulse jet is running (creating constant flow) it will be spinning the turbocharger at the rear and generate x pounds of boost out of the turbocharger compressor side. Then either pump that into the Ruckus, or buy something like a Volvo or a Geo and direct the flow into the throttle body. It’d be like the ultimate supercharger as at would take no power from the motor to create the boost, the exhaust wouldn’t be restricted, the weight would be minimal, and you could have this amount of boost with the gas engine in the car not even running. Of course, a large blowoff valve would have to be fitted. And you’d have to have an additional spark plug and fuel going to the pulse jet. Hmmm. I just realized that this is quite a similar idea to the fifth cylinder antilag idea that was used in the early 80s. You know, the ones that kept accelerating even after you lifted. Expect ours would be jet powered and probably much more dangerous." - Grant

I'll make sure to take video of anything we do experiment with.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login