JB
JB Marti
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Trabant

JB
diesel rally car
May 11, 2006 09:46PM
ok, the quest goes on (so far) and i saw a probably-free diesel golf 4dr from the 80's that stopped working but it might not be too much work to get it running again. i didnt inspect it more than just a quick look around the exterior/interior and underneath the car. the owner wasnt around. so yeah, i guess it has the 1.6D that they had in europe at the time.

here's the question: how much HP could i get with it? would it make a competitive/fun Gr2 car? i've looked around on the usual suspects websites www.gt2i.com and www.bpsrallye.com and there are some parts out there. just dont know if it'd be worth it though.

i know it'd be worth the savings from buying diesel versus race fuel. i know it's a golf and it can be made strong and there are a lot of parts out there to make them handle well. i know that i can get it for next to nothing. i know a very good VW technitian and certified VW nutcase who would be able to help me out in the building process (the guy is the brother of my brother's gf who's dad has that civic i want). i know i can get a shit load of FIA approved parts for that car, which is my goal cause i would not have to worry about tech inspections anywhere.

but seriously, in the end, what do you guys think about it? i could get some torque out of it, but what about some HP and speed?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login