Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Manufacturing in China
September 09, 2010 02:08PM
Fine.
It's shoes.

If anyone has done work as or knows a Technical Designer with experience in shoe design put them in touch with me. Email dydxhughes at the gmail.com or phone is 720 dash 335 then a 5103 or something.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

September 09, 2010 02:20PM
I heard some rally guy named Block knows something about getting shoes made in China. cool smiley
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 09, 2010 02:45PM
Ha. He's way too corporate for our little start up.
Well, I think one of our biggest resources for finding a manufacturer is going to be in collaboration with the Center of Excellence in Portland. They have a materials library at their facility too which will also be useful.
We had a artist friend that has been helping us out, but she's not really taking the initiative to learn about shoe design so looks like we need someone experienced. We have three designs, two of which need no artistic input, simply the drawings that the factory needs to start production need produced. We're looking into software like Delcam Crispin's ShoeDesign and some of their other products but I think finding a freelancer that has some experience is desirable, at least for our launch.
Francois
Francois Poirier
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Open class Laser RS (RIP), 242 GT on the way!

September 09, 2010 02:49PM
I'll check with the tech designers here but I don't think any have experience with shoes, but maybe they know someone.

Francois
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 09, 2010 03:05PM
I bet someone mentions Richard Kuchinsky and the Directive Collective down in Toronto.
His blog firstpullover.com has been a great resource. I am assuming we can't afford him at this point.
Found another freelancer in the UK named Jessica Good, but also assuming can't afford her. Maybe I shouldn't assume...
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 11, 2010 10:24AM
Grant,

You may want to get ahold of Kevin Beard owner of Piloti. He went to design school, worked for Nike (?) for a while before finally getting out on his own. He is a racing enthusiast and a great person. I've known him since he got his first drivers license many years ago. Steve McQuaid is usually in constant contact with him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login