Posted by alkun 
alkun
Albert Kun
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

help get Sammy into a stratos
September 03, 2010 09:52PM
So the other day I was talking Sammy Hagar (yup, the Red Rocker, I can't drive 55, etc.), and the subject of rallying came up. He showed some enthusiasm, so I encouraged him to come take part. His excuses included some less favorable coments about Subarus. Before I had a chance to launch into my explanation of how what he really wanted was a nice Volvo 242 he mentioned that if he could get hold of a Lancia Stratos, he would "be all over that". As I intend to hold his feet to the fire, if I ever see him again; does anyone have a line on a decent Stratos, preferably with a logbook?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
MikeColangelo
Michael Colangelo
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Spec Miata

Re: help get Sammy into a stratos
September 03, 2010 10:23PM
No way!!!

How's he doing since the heady days of Van Hagar?
Tim Taylor
Tim Taylor
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazda 323 GTX

September 05, 2010 09:38PM
Sitting in TX
http://www.manikllc.com/preowned.html

Napiersport Grp 4 Corse unbuilt kit - $17,000

This Napiersport 'Group 4' Corse kit is complete, as supplied by Napiersport to the U.S. back in 2002. It is unbuilt, and ready for completion. A large assortment of donor parts necessary to finish the Corse build are included with the kit. A complete list of included parts is available upon request.

Also included with the kit is a steel spaceframe rear engine and suspension assembly taken from a Ferrari Mondial. The Mondial engine spaceframe will allow the owner to build the kit with a Ferrari V8 engine and rear suspension components allowing for a narrow track, suitable for deep-dish coffin spoke wheels. Manik can adapt the engine cradle to the Corse chassis and re-engineer the suspension points for you.

Although originally supplied as a RHD car, this kit has been converted to LHD by Manik Technologies. The Corse chassis has been painted and the factory-supplied suspension can be hung in anticipation of wheels being added to create a rolling chassis. Group 4 bodywork and dash are included with the kit.

Buyer can choose to have the kit partially, or fully built to their specifications prior to delivery or pickup in person.

Please contact Tom for details, or call +1 (972) 358-1460.

VIN: n/a
Color: unpainted
Odometer: zero
Engine: Alfa V6 setup
Transmission: Afla transaxle setup
Suspension, Wheels & Tires: Fully independent; can be fitted with 15" wheels at the customer's discretion.
Interior: Rally-spec
Exterior: Fiberglass
Car History: This Stratos kit was purchased and imported to the U.S. in 2002. It has remained unbuilt ever since. To our knowledge, this is the only unbuilt Corse kit in North America.
Vehicle Location: Dallas Fort-Worth, Texas.

http://www.manikllc.com/brochures/Napiersport_Corse_Kit.pdf
alkun
Albert Kun
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

September 07, 2010 01:06PM
Well, there it is. I think we'll have to find a real Dino motor to cinch the deal...

Yeah, Mr, Hagar seems to be doing alright. I think he just sold his high-end tequila company for about a zillion dollars.

You gotta love him, he's the only guy you ever actually see simling while driving around a ferrari.
JediTalen
Michael Charlton
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1999 F150 Sweep Truck

November 16, 2010 12:52AM
"decent Stratos" isn't that a contridiction in terms?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login