JB
JB Marti
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Trabant

JB
my own personal september 11th
September 15, 2006 06:42PM
i know, it has nothing to do with people dying, but in retrospect, what the symbol of 9/11/01 ended up being is a destroyification of powerful entities (note my use of the word tities) to attempt to take down a great power. well, today the new ceo of the multinational i work for has announced that our silver spring, MD (right outside DC) office will close down. they were the national headquaters. instead they will move the HQ to the offices of the company we were supposed to have taken over. that is the fish that was eaten ended up eating the eater..... complex, i know but a shot a jameson, chased by a bodingtons or a guinness will clarify the meaning of that sentence..... only if you say it 12 times without taking a breath! so, did you take that shot and sip of beer yet? good. so, yeah, they are dismanteling the department i work for, business development. fortunately for me, i work in baltimore, so, for now, my job is a-ok. but my regular work autorization will finish in late december, the time they are closing the SS office. i have an extra 1 year option, but now, i dont know if they will honor it! PLUS, now here's the shocker, they layed off the former no3 of the company, my mentor, the guy who got me the job, my main man for connections, the head of business development! fucking fuck. finish that beer now, i promise, it will still be difficult for you to understand after you've read this thing a few times over. but, i just had to write this shit up cause i just had to vent out.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Skye
Skye Nott
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

Re: my own personal september 11th
September 16, 2006 02:11AM
Did you just feel that? It was the invisible hand of the market bitch-slapping you.

www.rallyrace.net
JB
JB Marti
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Trabant

JB
September 19, 2006 12:39PM
that invisible hand should not be bitch slapping me but caressing my balls.....

well, as it turns out my mentor guy was talking to someone i know.... he said to hold up a few days before i call him. the new ceo is out of control. our international hq knows that and what they figured is that they since he has a mucho ego, they should just let him do what he wants to right now until he calms down. meanwhile the guys' predecessors are calling my former boss just about twice a day to make sure he doesnt go far away. they want him to work in europe for them. what they figured is the midwesterner asshole will fall flat on his face. he did it with the last company he had and that's why we were able to purchase it eventhough it was 3 times our size. as it turns out, my beliefs that my boss got stabbed in the back was not true! i am so relieved cause the guy worked his ass off to build something that ran rather well. but whatever, i am simply glad that this guy has not been left all alone with no friends within the organization.
bazmeg
Julius Vasari
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsu Eclipse #393

September 20, 2006 12:44PM
You still work for the SS and rally a Trabant?!
JB
JB Marti
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Trabant

JB
September 20, 2006 12:55PM
hehe, no, the trabant, well, the trabant, i couldnt go pick it up this summer, been too busy burrying family members. so i might not even go and get it afterall...... i am after my bro's girlfriend's mid-90's honda civic hatch now...... the plan with that are a few rally cross at the dc area scca thing while i build it up with a cage, extinguishers, seats, steering, suspention and tires. some work on the box and intake/exhaust. all that in the course of the next 8-9 months (depending on when i snatch the hatch) all that while i do rally cross near dc. then by june next year i want that car to be able to be homologated for g2 for STPR.
bazmeg
Julius Vasari
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsu Eclipse #393

September 20, 2006 01:48PM
If the trabant is rally prepped you should pick it up! Too bad we don't have a class for it other than G2. 600cc screaming 2 stroke in cardboard is fun. It wouldn't be legal anyway but fun!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login