Posted by DR1665 
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

My friend Dave, the LED guy...
October 18, 2006 04:15PM
I was telling Moose about this guy last night and he just happened to put up a new video showcasing some of the things he's done with LEDs on his 2G Eclipse.

Before the link to the video, let me just give you a head's up of what this guy has done to his car. These aren't "important" mods by any means, but what makes it special is how he has invested so much time into little projects like this that, when you see his car, that kid inside just screams, "DO IT AGAIN! DO IT AGAIN!" It's great and very sophisticated in its application.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
(this is all custom stuff he did himself)

-Audi Bi-Zenon HID projectors retrofitted into eBay projector headlamps.
-McCullough HID projector fog/driving lights.
-LED front turn signals/parking lights.
-LED conversion front bumper lights*
-White LED backlit gauges*
-LEDs backlight his interior door handles and power window switches.
-LEDs light his under-radio pocket and highlight his custom ipod remote install.
-Single, 10W whiet LED mounted to underside of his hood that illuminates the entire bay and needs the hood as a heat sink.
-Hatch struts on his hood which keep it nearly vertical and eliminate the need for a prop.
-Hahn Racecraft Turbosystem with FMIC (currently testing a prototype BOV for a local vendor - looks pretty good)

He has his car alarm set up to not only lock/unlock the doors, but also roll down the windows, open the sunroof, start the car, activate the HID headlights, activate the HID driving lights, and open the hatchback.

*Note: These are not simply replacing a traditional bulb with a socketed LED. Rather, a complete LED installation to the application.

I know this might all sound really corny, but Dave is a freaking wizard when it comes to this stuff. His is the first Eclipse to pull this tail light mod off and, as of today, there is only one other car sporting anything remotely close. It belongs to another buddy of mine in SoCal named Erik, who did it with help from Dave.

Anyway, here is the video. I hope you enjoy it. Please right click, save as. Thanks.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 04:18PM by DR1665.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login