Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Frickin Sears
October 30, 2011 10:55PM
Business world rumors have Sears in big trouble, many of their stores are worth more as real estate than retail.

So anyhow went there today to look for rug sucker filters, they didn't have any. Asked the moron who made their vacuums..he said Kenmore. Kenmore rebrands, we all know that. He said to look at sears online and order parts direct. Ok. After a bunch of dicking around because Sears doesn't like their own model number I find the filters (3 piece assy) about $100. fark. I then did a Google on the part numbers and up pops a Samsung return. I go to Samsung and find they made the vacuum and they have the filters for $42 including freight.

Beware Sears this Xmas season.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Jon Burke
Jon Burke
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru w/<1000 crashes

Re: Frickin Sears
October 30, 2011 11:38PM
retail is dead. shit, I'll pay a few bucks extra online for price + shipping if it means I don't have to get in the car, drive 10+ minutes, deal with traffic plus parking (and and morons that can't park), walking around the store looking for what I need (and if its a fawking mall...then walking for 30 minutes just to get through the place and to the store I'm even interested in, avoiding all the tween britany-justin-timber-spears-look-a-lakes), taking the item to check out, waiting in THAT line, paying for it, waking back to the car, getting out of the parking lot, and driving home.

nah, fuck that....website, point and click, 16 digit credit card number, done. retail can suck my balls.

unless its walmart/target....then the people watching alone is worth it.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

October 31, 2011 09:13AM
I still get my tires from sears. They will price match plus 10% online retailers. So find the best deal for the tire you want online, if sears has it they will beat it.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

November 01, 2011 02:13AM
i still enough going to certain malls. Mostly because its visually stimulating. and i like cheap chinese food.
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 10, 2011 07:14PM
in early 2000s i was all about the online shopping.

but now i feel the real trick is mall / store shopping. esp around christmass. the malls are pretty dead (compared to mid 90s) Very easy to park , and shop.

Also i've found you can now haggle . I found some golfing item my dad wanted online, printed it out, and went into a golf shop, showed them the price, the shipping and asked them to match it . they did. smiling smiley and my dad had a gift to open christmass day, instead of a Tracking number...

but ya retail is dying sad smiley

we are gonna end up with only Mega-Marts, and we will have to internet order any and every item that doesn't sell in bulk enough to be carried by mega marts.
heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 10, 2011 09:14PM
Well around here the malls have turned into places for dumass kids and gang bangers to hang out. I have pretty good luck eith the online thing. Amazon and Ebay are pretty god resources if you know what you want.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

November 11, 2011 03:07AM
i miss small stores and shops. kinda out of my experience, but i prefer the small town feel. fucking walmart
Racinkid13
Max
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

November 11, 2011 10:27AM
I avoid Southcenter, "The Commons" and Tacoma mall at all costs. The only one you wont get shot at anymore is the Supermall.

I havent been impressed with Sears since I went to get a Craftsman tool box and they couldnt tell me anything about it until they got the manual.

Anyone ever see Idiocracy? No? Should watch it just to compare how the world is going.
BJosephD
Brian j Dyer
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
04 Rocky Mountain MTB...

November 28, 2011 11:01AM
Purchased a new fridge on the 20th of this month at sears. in stock at "the warehouse" long story short i should see it 14 days from purchase date. spend the extra loot and go local. thats what i told my wife.
heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 28, 2011 11:34AM
We just bought fridge, stove and dishwasher at a local family owned appliance store. They knew more than any of the normal retailers as far as product knowledge. Pricing they were actually less than Lowes, HD or Best Buy and quite a bit under Sears. We were quite surprised . We've always bought appliances at Sears until a few years ago when they started losing their edge for some reason.

Best Buy was the worst. Department manager said she was just at 'appliance school' yet couldn't tell me what was involved in getting the stove forward from the new hold downs for cleaning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login