NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Is rally.......
November 10, 2011 10:29AM
SeanP
This. We paid off our 30 year note in 8 this past summer. Next up is to put up a solar array. Then I can pretty much work at walmart and afford the property tax, food, utilities and insurance.

I was able to take a job at 1/3 of my pay due to not having a mortgage to pay. Though it is by no means due to me paying anything off early but rather getting lucky with a smart now fiance.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
SeanP
Sean Lane
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 Dodge Neon G2, bruised

November 10, 2011 04:23PM
john vanlandingham

Geebus, with all that stocks and investments you'd think you'd have a nicer rally car, something that handles.
Like a Volvo 240 turbo with a real trans and real brakes and an axle with some final drive that is for acceleration instead of Em Pea Geee.

I think you misinterpreted my post. my stocks and investments total up to fuck-all in the grand scheme of things. But even if I had more $$, I would still be in my POS Neon.

Jon, do you have a built 240 that's ready to rally with spares for sale? If so, post it up.
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 10, 2011 06:50PM
Pay off your house. (D'uh) smiling smiley

Even if your mortage rate is 5% , are you Guaranteed to make 5% anywhere? its really just about that simple. You still get about a 6K standard deduction or 12K if married. I hope you are not paying that much in interest every year...

Unless you are in a situation where your house is worth a lot more then you owe (in which case you should walk away from it) and use that 90K as a down payment on your next house.

otherwise you are looking at money market / CDs for like what 2%? or Invest in stocks or commodities, but then you have no guarantee.

no house payment should free up "disposable income" to go rallying with smiling smiley If shit hits the fan, there's always some minimum wage job that will keep you alive and feed. smiling smiley smiling smiley
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Junior Moderator

May 03, 2012 11:26PM
Wannabe
Hey Max, people think I'm much older than I am so we're even. I've been in your shoes but in a different way, I'll send you a PM with a few thoughts from what I've learned on the topic.

JVL couldn't be more right with his comments on the risk side of investments.

Here's my idea of risk these days, for my fellow Washingtonians and Seattleites, lovers or haters of Microsoft, to the RA author of the original thread "The internet is a scary place"

It's been a wild ride for a couple of years but here's one worth watching.

Realizing this is not a stock tip forum I'll keep this short. It's complicated but worth the research.

VHC

I’ve been waiting for just the right opportunity to use this little guy….smoking smiley

I sure hope some of you knuckleheads listened to me back when I first posted 6 months ago.

Worth reading through the entire article!

http://seekingalpha.com/article/554911-virnetx-prevails-over-apple?source=yahoo
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Junior Moderator

July 13, 2012 02:20PM
For those who bought, some news from today:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/virnetx-receiving-apple-code-and-4-stock-analyses-not-to-miss.html/?ref=YF

For those interested in more:
http://www.investorvillage.com

Up 10% today that's all I know smiling smiley
Nubby
Tony Wells
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

July 13, 2012 03:10PM
Or you could just put your cash into an S&P index fund. Statistically nobody outperforms the market in the long term and it's too much boring work picking stocks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 03:11PM by Nubby.
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Junior Moderator

July 16, 2012 02:46PM
Nubby
Or you could just put your cash into an S&P index fund. Statistically nobody outperforms the market in the long term and it's too much boring work picking stocks.

I've had a couple of people ask about VHC and I was in a rush Friday, just realized my post may have been confusing. I'm on the outside of the rally community hence the name "Wannabe" but love the whole idea of the sport and the spirit of those involved; a lot of good people.

I've watched the struggle for sponsorships, extra money to get a car working how you really want it to work, the costs of rally and of course how much of that RA can support.

November 4th I posted a stock tip on this thread (VHC) to make Max some money and share a little love with the community smiling smiley

I'm not an expert by any means but I'm one of those people that happens to find researching stocks fun! This one is anything but boring a little David and Goliath story with a bunch of interesting and potentially industry changing decisions being made by a good ole judge in Texas that I often picture in cowboy boots under his robe walking in to the courtroom and giving all the hot shot Microsoft/Apple attorneys a bit of hell.

The stock has increased from $22.15 on November 4 up over $41 and some change today (you're welcome very much) smiling smiley

I don't know where it's going, earnings call first part of August. Apple pushed to reveal source code by end of day tomorrow to VHC. Apple (and by default Cisco) pushed to settle or set for trial by the judge last week. Stock continues to climb, rated outperform but is very risky.

I hope some of you are making some money and lots of love to the rally community!
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

July 16, 2012 03:57PM
Betting on patent trolls who seek proceedings in Texas courtrooms is hardly where I would want to put my money regardless of the outcome...

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Junior Moderator

July 16, 2012 06:16PM
To each his own.

Another way to look at it . 1. If you look through the USPTO documents you will see they filed their original patents years before Apple or Microsoft launched their technologies. 2. The stock took off last year when the big fund investors came in and purchased in significant volume for pension funds, foundations, endowments etc. so someone thinks it's worth investing. 3. The technology originated with the US Department of Defense through SAIC (government contract agency), Virnetx was established with the sole purpose of licensing a technology.

I agree with your comment on patent trolls, they waste a lot of time and money in every industry. I don't think Virnetx is a patent troll but only time tells that truth.

One option would be acquisition where they could possibly contribute directly to more marketed product then it feels a lot better and the patent troll issue becomes a non-issue.

Regardless of how look at it still 50% up in 6 months and am glad some have made a little money along the way. I rest my case smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 07:04PM by Wannabe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login