Andrew Steere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: LeMons Merkur build, for your amusement
April 14, 2012 07:37PM
john vanlandingham
fiasco
Cool, I need to score an appropriate sandwich plate to fit the Ford oil filter...but can't really do that much in the junkyard right now with my splinted up right hand. Also creeping closer to the $500 budget limit....

Volvo turbo $5 make you hollah

I know. Maybe I'll get the Tedneck to come with me to Holland on Tuesday. I can do 90% of the things I normally can do, but at about 1/2 speed. My splint and wrap looks like the floor of a Jiffy Lube at the moment from installing the front suspension today....

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: LeMons Merkur build, for your amusement
April 17, 2012 01:57PM
Went down to Holland today. What a disappointment. The only two rear drive Volvos (excepting a newer S80) were a couple of 940s, the one with a drivetrain was not a turbo, no oil filter plate. Couldn't find anything worth a damn in the full-sized Fords except a power steering cooler that didn't look too bad for $5. Also got a new armrest for my Subaru (thanks for wrecking that, boys)...but was popped $25 plus tax for those two little items. I used to walk out with both arms full of Merkur and/or Saab parts for $50.

Three hours later my amazing quick wit makes me wish I could go back and say, "If I wanted to pay that much, I would've just gone to Jack's!"

No Merkurs or north-south engine Saabs there, either. But there was an Olds Diesel sedan that appeared to have the remnants of an actual diesel engine in it, an Olds slope back hideous thing, and to top it off a 5 speed turbo Chrysler TC by Maserati!!!!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login