Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

Re: The joys of craigslist
July 04, 2012 04:41PM
12xalt
ok, I'm confused

A little bit of everything!

Happy Independence day smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2012 04:42PM by Wannabe.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
heymagic
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

July 04, 2012 09:18PM
I'm kinda with Tom on the phone thing. I can't imagine calling every person that sends a phone number for you to call them...gets spendy and time consuming and most are just looky lous or scammers. The guy should have called Tom's number, not the other way around.

Tell me more about the Prelude...call me if you like smiling smiley
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

July 05, 2012 01:28PM
A few months ago I started adding this to all of my craigslist postings. I modify the trade stuff if I need anything. Like I no longer need a tiller or cinder blocks as I rented one and bought some reclaimed ones back in April.

"Available to be picked up pretty much anytime during the week or on weekends. Email me and say something intelligent about something to do with Denver such as, "How about them Avs stomping of the Ducks last night" or "I live near 84th and Wads so am not far from you" so I know you aren't just a spam bot. Emails with just a phone number also tend to not get returned. Maybe if you say, "I'm really busy and will be running around capitol hill dumpster diving so can't check email but give me a shout and I'll work my way down Speer to your neighborhood at your convenience." Then I'll call you. Just saying call me doesn't work.
I'm willing to entertain trades but I am not a hoarder and there's not much I need. Rototiller, cinder blocks, gardening stuff, and BMW or Subaru stuff like wheels or snow tires I might consider. You can always ask. Via email."

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login