Advanced

Is this place really that apolitical?

Posted by john vanlandingham 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Is this place really that apolitical?
September 07, 2012 02:21PM
I'm voting for Romney as I see it as the most promising route to civil war and splitting of the United States into multiple sovereign nations. The geographic differences are growing in this country and out melting pot is damn near boiled over.
I do not relate to the typical California mentality. Or Mormons. Or the crazy NE people. Or most people from the midwest. And definitely not the crazies from the deep south. Or Texas.
Step 1: Outlaw abortion.
Step 2: Disable the government. Remove regulation of business and eliminate government programs that support, educate, and/or employ people that are not mandatory to the collection of tax.
Step 3: Sit back and wait. Make take 10-20 years but crime rates will sore, unemployment will skyrocket, wages will plumment and wage distribution gap will widen and voila, revolution.
There is a reason why I am pro-gun and it's not for personal protection from crime. I have a 130 lb mastiff that does perfectly well at that. smiling smiley

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
DaveK
Dave Kern
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

September 07, 2012 02:26PM
You forgot a couple steps:

4: ????
5: profit
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

September 07, 2012 03:15PM
Grant, who are you calling crazy in the NE?

If you're against owning guns, abortions, imbibing certain herbs, same sex marriage, etc., then please exercise your right not to do any of those things, but don't infringe upon the rights of others TO do those things.

And yes, the second amendment has a lot less to do with self-protection from individual crime than it does to being able to run tyrants/thieves out of Washington.

I'm completely disgusted with the Repugnant Goons religion-based "moral high ground" while at the same time they cheat, lie, and steal just like somebody shoplifting at Walmart, just they go for the big money and write exceptions to the rules for themselves so they can't get in trouble. Dimmocrats aren't any better as far as the theft from the country goes, but at least most of their social policies are more civilized.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 07, 2012 05:17PM
fiasco
Grant, who are you calling crazy in the NE?

If you're against owning guns, abortions, imbibing certain herbs, same sex marriage, etc., then please exercise your right not to do any of those things, but don't infringe upon the rights of others TO do those things.

A friend of mine just moved to Boston. He remarked, "What are all these people doing without sunglasses on!" I said, "If you have sunglasses on you can't stare at people and start fights."
I don't know much about people from NE outside of rallyists and my sister in law and her fam. Most are pretty normal really but ya'll are too far away geographically to be part of the same country as us.

I'm not against doing any of those things. I am actually a fan of eugenics I just haven't figured out a way to make it morally and ethically applicable. Who do you force to have abortions? How do you prevent people from breeding? What's that one movie with Uma Thurman?

Grant Hughes
JohnLane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
The Fire Breathing Monster

September 07, 2012 05:22PM
I suggest just a few changes for all the rats we've sent and will send to DC....

They get paid while working in DC. DC is part-time work. They can do all they need to do in four months.
They are subject to all insider trading laws that the rest of us are. The days of arriving broke as the lady with her tennis shoes and being rich after a few terms...... No more.
They are subject to all other laws we are.
They get the same Social Security and Medicare we do. Guess what... It will get fixed this way.
They pass a budget that is balanced or are locked into chambers until they do. They are paid the same regardless of how long it takes them to do it.

They've all sworn to uphold the Constitution.... It is time they be held to account for failing to do so.

JohnLane

Overkill is consistently more fun
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

September 07, 2012 05:43PM
JohnLane
I suggest just a few changes for all the rats we've sent and will send to DC....

They get paid while working in DC. DC is part-time work. They can do all they need to do in four months.
They are subject to all insider trading laws that the rest of us are. The days of arriving broke as the lady with her tennis shoes and being rich after a few terms...... No more.
They are subject to all other laws we are.
They get the same Social Security and Medicare we do. Guess what... It will get fixed this way.
They pass a budget that is balanced or are locked into chambers until they do. They are paid the same regardless of how long it takes them to do it.

They've all sworn to uphold the Constitution.... It is time they be held to account for failing to do so.

I approve this message!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 07, 2012 05:49PM
Balanced budget is nice theory. But sometimes more work gets done faster , more rationally by borrowing.

IF of course that assuming that we as a society should have schools, roads, clean water, safe products, ports, airports, sewers, universities, research and development, sorta like in the words of the Constitution "We the People of the United States, in Order to form --->a more perfect Union, ---->establish Justice, ---->insure domestic Tranquility, ---->provide for the common defence,---->promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Then you have to pay for it, even when Government income is low because once again the built in cyclical boom and bust cycle which is built into the greed based Capitalist system, has once again shuddered or nearly collapsed in the process of making deal makers---not producers, but wheeler dealers, 400-500 , a thousand times richer than the common schmuck on the street.

Of course if somebody doesn't give a shit about any of that and is so greedy they want to hoard everything they made from the general society. Fine.
Just parachute them into somewhere north of Pt Barrow Alaska and they can build their one man societies up there.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

Establishment of the Rally Anarchist Political Party
September 07, 2012 07:25PM
That subject line should have the NSA computers wasting a few CPU cycles.

john vanlandingham
Balanced budget is nice theory. But sometimes more work gets done faster , more rationally by borrowing.

Yes, especially for long-term assets. When you need a new school or bridge, it usually makes more sense to borrow to get the project done. In our little podunk town, building projects (which are very rare) are paid on time. For medium-term assets like backhoes and cop cars, our town has established a nice little capital improvement plan with reserve funds for replacement of each piece of equipment so that $200,000 grader (that has a 15-20 year service life) gets paid for 10-15,000 a year in advance.

Slick Willie was right. "We're all in this together" is a better slogan than "every man for himself." I figure the government needs to have two primary functions, help those who NEED it, and make sure the little guy isn't getting a dry run up the exhaust pipe by the Bains and Walmarts of the world.

So how do we get from the "hey, let's borrow a bajillion dollars of somebody else's money to add to our smaller pile, buy KB Toy Stores, saddle them with the debt but us with management control, then bleed them dry, and charge them another bajillion for the privilege" to "I'd like make a product/provide a service and sell it for a fair profit and make a decent living, and maybe if things work well, I'll be able to have that ski condo or lake house or rally car that I really want?" Or was it never that way in the first place?

As a member of a family that is trying to keep a small business afloat, we're saddled with a 20-25% effective tax rate (while rich guys who pillage companies for sport pay 13-15%) AND our shitty health insurance (which has been shopped to death) runs us nearly $1,200 a month (it's our biggest single monthly expense). Between mortgage, health insurance, preschool/kindergarten, and one car payment, we to gross $4,000 a month just to meet these few obligations, let alone buy groceries, heating oil, clothing, and electricity. It's obscene! I'm so pissed at Romney for introducing "his" (ha, ha, it's recycled NixonCare, fer cryin' out loud) health care plan in Massholechewshits then rejecting it when Obama basically ripped it off on a federal level! He's always either for something before he's against it or vice versa.

"What do I have to do to put you in this Rambler...errrr, win this election?"

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Establishment of the Rally Anarchist Political Party
September 07, 2012 08:06PM
fiasco

"What do I have to do to put you in this Rambler...errrr, win this election?"
1n 1969 Willard's mommy running for something was interviewed and the were Republicans when they believed in a "benevolent overloardship" rather than this "praise Gawd save me--and who would Jeeuz bomb" pack of delusionals, and she said "of course we should have Universal National health Insurance, why all civilised countries do and its time we did."

Now y'all know I was raised in the South, in an era when it was drenched in an overt common atmosphere of religion which for may meant Southern Baptist...and like now those people used old testement hoo-ha to justify their repressive and flat brutal policies and the neglect of the poor, both black and white. But I learned my stuff, and gaddammit I believ a fair amount...
What I wonder is don't any of these people "over there", these people who claim, who scream they are Good Christians, don't any of them read the words of Jeebus?

Re: Universal national health insurance like even regular rebublicans advocated once
Can they not understand whart they are told here?:

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

How do they reconsile this gimme gimme gimme it's all mine attitude and dare call themselves Christian?

One or the other "You cannot serve two masters".

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

September 07, 2012 10:53PM
They want to be all holy and superior, but don't want to believe the word of somebody with the same name as the illegal immigrant who mows their lawn.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 08, 2012 01:28AM
fiasco
They want to be all holy and superior, but don't want to believe the word of somebody with the same name as the illegal immigrant who mows their lawn.

Its kinda funny and you know how I like names and labels..
if the typical fire breathing Bible thumper wanted to call themselves Godians or Jawehians, or Paulians or StFrancisians or Torquemadians, you know all the negative hate filled kill them all if they ain't like us guys, well fine..

But you'd think if they say they are believers in Christ, they would know and heed HIS words, and follow HIS model..

But they conflate Old testament, choose some juicy brimstone and revenge bit there and get all crazy and they condemn, and slander and bear false witness and all this other shit in difiance of what Jeebus was nice enough to expalin how people had missed the point.

Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

You'd think they'd be bending over backwards to build and equitable and just society, rather than always blaming the poor, and the weak of mind and body and spirit and ignoring them at best, viciously condemning them at well not worst, and systematically excluding them from their consciousness at worst.

Oh well, pick and choose.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
JohnLane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
The Fire Breathing Monster

September 08, 2012 09:49AM
john vanlandingham

Borrowed money going toward something well and truly useful such as building dams that not only prevent flooding downstream but allow shipping and production of a clean safe renewable source of electricity?

I'll get behind that.... and projects along those lines.

Borrowing Billions from the Chinese so we can give it to Brazil so that they can drill for oil off their coast? Ahhhh.... no.

Borrowing Billions that get handed to States who piss it away on fixed expenses and employee retirements ect that never got properly funded rather then invest it in 'Roads and Bridges' (using that catch phrase) as was promised? Ahhh.... no.

Thing is that we as a nation are now in the hole to the tune of Sixteen Trillion Dollars of debt.

I think that we can all agree that our representatives in DC have fed us enough shit.

The DC spending spree has to stop..... We need to suffer with some pain.... The market needs to adjust back to where it belongs..... The more we try to put it off with printing money the worse it will be when it all comes crashing down...... Pay attention to what is happening in the Euro Zone.

We in the USA have to get real about building things again.

JohnLane

Overkill is consistently more fun
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 09, 2012 05:10AM
JohnLane
The DC spending spree has to stop..... We need to suffer with some pain.... The market needs to adjust back to where it belongs..... The more we try to put it off with printing money the worse it will be when it all comes crashing down...... Pay attention to what is happening in the Euro Zone.

The spending spree isn't so much DC as it is in the middle east. Yeah, some social support programs need looked at and modified while others need expanded but defense spending is the big ticket that either needs to end or needs to be PAID for somehow.

Grant Hughes
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

September 09, 2012 09:23AM
NoCoast
JohnLane

The spending spree isn't so much DC as it is in the middle east. Yeah, some social support programs need looked at and modified while others need expanded but defense spending is the big ticket that either needs to end or needs to be PAID for somehow.

It's kind of ironical that the people who want our country to be more like Afghanistan are the same ones who support the war there.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 09, 2012 11:35AM
NoCoast
JohnLane
The DC spending spree has to stop.....

Wot da fawk. Look at the slice of the pie which in one way or another, labeled as this or that, baked into other things maybe, that is devoted to the military and you're looking at maybe 1/2 of what the Federal Government spends.

That fact that it exists, and the way that it exists is not sustainable...yet there it is.
They don't call it "the third rail" for nothing....

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login