Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: Fawking Prius owners
August 16, 2013 12:46PM
They do that shit here also Don. They also like to come ripping up the fast lane and then slow while passing the car in the slow lane for 1/4 mile. Makes cruise control a real chore to use.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Jens
Jens
Professional Moderator

August 17, 2013 04:40PM
heymagic
I'm tired of the fast lane hugging 58 mph bastards, now this..
http://money.msn.com/car-buying/latest.aspx?post=52b909e8-54b8-4366-82dd-e8020a4a6e0d
I want to mount a couple of .50 cals in the front of the 2500HD and go Mad Max on their asses.

Obummer and Bloomberg don't want you to have any guns let alone .50 cals.

But.....

A friend of mine told me about 35 years ago his solution to dumb asses on the road was to have a plow blade on his truck. He said no one gave him any shit when he drove through intersections or if he was behind someone. He said everyone got out of his way.

I don't know if this would work now, because so many of these assholes are watching their "smart" phone or their stupid console menus.
Jens
Jens
Professional Moderator

August 17, 2013 04:46PM
derek
......Again we are not really a car culture anymore.

Cars are bad. Guns are bad. Freedom is bad. Blah, blah, blah go the latte(sp?) (is that how you spell that pussy coffee?) drinking douche bags.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

August 20, 2013 01:57PM
Shit, call em appliances all you want, but them Toyota hybrids are nice as fuck. I nearly came when $20 gave me half a tank. Best invention ever.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 20, 2013 02:03PM
LexusFman
Shit, call em appliances all you want, but them Toyota hybrids are nice as fuck. I nearly came when $20 gave me half a tank. Best invention ever.

You need to get out more.
I was getting 45 MPG in my 1981 Toyota Starlet and it was actually fun to drive.

Nice as fuck? What is your criteria? Fuel economy? Buy a Geo Metro and save yourself $20k.
Interior finish? Cool cosmetics? Fun to drive? See my first comment if so.

Grant Hughes
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

August 20, 2013 02:14PM
NoCoast
LexusFman

You need to get out more.
I was getting 45 MPG in my 1981 Toyota Starlet and it was actually fun to drive.

Nice as fuck? What is your criteria? Fuel economy? Buy a Geo Metro and save yourself $20k.
Interior finish? Cool cosmetics? Fun to drive? See my first comment if so.
You have a point, but there isn't a single new car in America that gets over 40mpg and isn't boring to drive. Maybe some diesels.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 20, 2013 03:04PM
New cars? Aren't you like 19? Who gives a fuck about new cars.
Find something that is fun to drive, that you can work on and learn about cars on, and that you can pay CASH for. Car loans are for suckers. Plus with a car loan you have to get full coverage insurance, which you may as well add onto the monthy cost. Also, don't get sucked into the "build your credit" lie. Fuck your credit. Pay cash for everything and you never need it. When you are 30 and starting to think about buying a house, you can worry about your credit then. Worrying about your credit now is what leads to people having fucked up credit.

But, you want a new car that is fun to drive huh? Cheap econobox cars that are light and tossable can be fun. I know one guy who had a 400 hp 2WD rally car and a 2000 Hyundai Accent and said the Accent was the funnest car he'd ever driven. Of course, he was probably just talking about street car. He still drives it as far as I know, and he just bought a new house that has a real pool.

Grant Hughes
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

August 20, 2013 03:39PM
NoCoast
Find something that is fun to drive, that you can work on and learn about cars on, and that you can pay CASH for. Car loans are for suckers. Plus with a car loan you have to get full coverage insurance, which you may as well add onto the monthy cost. Also, don't get sucked into the "build your credit" lie. Fuck your credit. Pay cash for everything and you never need it. When you are 30 and starting to think about buying a house, you can worry about your credit then. Worrying about your credit now is what leads to people having fucked up credit.

But, you want a new car that is fun to drive huh? Cheap econobox cars that are light and tossable can be fun. I know one guy who had a 400 hp 2WD rally car and a 2000 Hyundai Accent and said the Accent was the funnest car he'd ever driven. Of course, he was probably just talking about street car. He still drives it as far as I know, and he just bought a new house that has a real pool.
I mean, an 81 Starlet would be a cool car for me, I love starlets, but when I told my mom I wanted a 90's Volvo, she nearly had a heart attack.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 20, 2013 07:29PM
LexusFman
NoCoast

I mean, an 81 Starlet would be a cool car for me, I love starlets, but when I told my mom I wanted a 90's Volvo, she nearly had a heart attack.

What's her problem?
Is your family a rich upper crust trophy house needing, status symbol dependent, only new car owning family?
Some people---10s of millions really do drive cars from the 1990s,.
What is this "heart attack"...I fear you exaggerate.

Give you a hint: If I has some male kid I would make sure he was in some strong. relatively safe, easy to work on car that didn't cost HIM a lot.
because young guys--especially from privileged backgrounds---and it sounds like that the case----crash cars...

Letting them even get near ANYTHING means that it will be fucked up..

What car does mommy want you to be in?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

August 20, 2013 08:27PM
Get an Accent (change the timing belt). I can't imagine hating my son enough to get him a Volvo for a DD. Horrid cars, slow, wobbly, expensive to work on, working tail lights a rarity, oil leaking, funny smelling and you'll die a virgin.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

August 20, 2013 09:16PM
john vanlandingham
LexusFman
NoCoast

What's her problem?
Is your family a rich upper crust trophy house needing, status symbol dependent, only new car owning family?
Some people---10s of millions really do drive cars from the 1990s,.
What is this "heart attack"...I fear you exaggerate.

Give you a hint: If I has some male kid I would make sure he was in some strong. relatively safe, easy to work on car that didn't cost HIM a lot.
because young guys--especially from privileged backgrounds---and it sounds like that the case----crash cars...

Letting them even get near ANYTHING means that it will be fucked up..

What car does mommy want you to be in?
My mom said she wants my dad to buy me a new car. The thing is, our family isn't the crusty, super rich, whateverthefuckyoucalledit family. So if I have to get a new car, I will probably have to wait until I'm 25 and have graduated college. Were a 4 person family living in a 2 bedroom house (not complaining. I like my house) and we only ever bought 5 cars as a family, and the only reason we bought them is because one of our cars died. My mom just HATES the idea of buying a used car. Even though her first car was bought used. I think its because my cousin died before I was born, and the car he died in was bought used, but always had problems. My dad is perfectly fine with it tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 09:19PM by LexusFman.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 20, 2013 09:31PM
LexusFman

My mom said she wants my dad to buy me a new car. The thing is, our family isn't the crusty, super rich, whateverthefuckyoucalledit family. .

Well if it isn't that where does the taste for debt come from?
Youre a kid, you're gonna crash whatever you get, so it better be cheap.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

August 20, 2013 09:40PM
john vanlandingham
LexusFman

My mom said she wants my dad to buy me a new car. The thing is, our family isn't the crusty, super rich, whateverthefuckyoucalledit family. .

Well if it isn't that where does the taste for debt come from?
Youre a kid, you're gonna crash whatever you get, so it better be cheap.

We've never really been in really bad debt. And I don't know. My dad was never rich, he's an immigrant and worked for everything he has. As for my mom, my grandfather was also an immigrant, and they never made alot of money either.
Pete
Pete Remner
Mod Moderator

August 21, 2013 06:59AM
heymagic
Between Olympia and Seattle they tend to plant themselves in the fast lane and do just under posted speed limit. It is a constant event. They don't look left or right or acknowledge the constant stream of cars passing them on their right. I really think there is a Prius Anarchy where the SOBs get together and plan their rolling road blocks.

Any time I see a Prius, the guy's cutting through traffic like a linebacker.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Pete
Pete Remner
Mod Moderator

August 21, 2013 07:06AM
LexusFman
You have a point, but there isn't a single new car in America that (...) isn't boring to drive.

FFM.

They all suck, unless you grew up playing video games and think that road feel is something that needs to be isolated and quarantined.

I blame steamroller tires with rubberband sidewalls. The suspension changes needed to be able to drive on those in a straight line and not hammer down the road like a Radio Flyer have completely nuked driver feel.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login