Posted by NoCoast 
heymagic
Banned
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: Transmission woes...
September 10, 2008 10:47AM
I ordered an ignition module for a 1990 Chev pickup with a 454. After several minutes the guy ( who has been there at least 2 years ) comes back on the phone and asks if it is a diesel...yup he got an earful.

At least once a day one of the 3 parts warehouses I deal with screws the pooch on something. Wrong brakes, wrong gaskets, wrong distributor cap . Once in a while it is miss boxed , once in a while it is picked wrong but usuually it is either inputted wrong in the guys computer or they didn't read the fricking footnotes at the bottom of the screen. We are 30 miles from the nearest real wharehouse so it gets kinda expensive and stressful when this keeps happening.

Buncha Burger King rejects.

Grease seals and ujoints , always bad. Grant might have just gotten several wrong/bad seals, especially if they were the same brand.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Transmission woes...
September 10, 2008 11:39AM
I went to one Ford dealer and they had the bushing, but no seal. Checker the Autozone with no luck on the seal. Call the next closest dealer who informs me that only two seals are in the state, one in Lakewood, one in Northglen. So I call the Northglen dealer and make the drive up to pick it up. Dropped the rear tail housing and new seal and bushing off to a transmission shop and head home. Got home, put valve cover back on and started installing the new breather setup. AN-12 from block, -8 from valve cover. Whoops, Pegasus sent me two 3' segments of -12 line instead of one being -8. Good thing Salta Motorsports has a plethora of -8 lines laying around. Needed to get the Hans posts installed in my helmet anyhow. Run down to Checkpoint/Salta and find a line that will work and have Mitch put the Hans posts on my helmet. Go bowling, get drunk, flirt with some slutty girls at the punk rock bar, drink too many beers so I switch to whiskey. Go home when you start running into too many people whenever you walk. Wake up hungover. Come to work. Check email, specialstage, rally anarchy, and eat lunch. Leave work after an hour. Skip school. Go work on car. Still have to find a seat belt cutter that likely won't actually cut harnesses.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login