Posted by Nic Boris 
Nic Boris
nic boris
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
'89 golf TSD car

would like to borrow the death ray
October 06, 2008 01:37AM
hello, i'm new here, but some of you may already know me.
i am interested in the death ray. i am building an '89 golf for tsd and rallyX (cheaper fun) it is also a "resto custom" kinda build, i'll autoX it too. i had just recently sold some wheels to a guy in WI (chad, via vwvortex) and his buddy was to pick them up, turns out his buddy is Matt Johnston. when i opened up the garage Matt saw the shell on its side in the wood rotisserie that i built to get to the underside and asked what i was up to. basically what i am doing is removing the seam sealer to get to the seams for welding and fixing the small amount of rust that i found in the process. He also told me about the death ray, i had been going about it with a brush wheel, messy and slow.

did some reading on this site and SS, it looks like the death ray would save some serious time and make it easy to remove all of the rubberized crap to make sure there is no hidden rust

but first:
anybody got video of the prcoess?
the LN is presurized? how is it sprayed?
can i borrow or rent the death ray? who has it now?
anybody in West Mi area(RCM) want to help with this? (it seems the usual payment is beer and pizza, i cook for a living you will be treated better than that)

oh and some pics for fun

thats me in Ohio 1985 talking to Rod Millen

this was the car in early summer before i put it in the garage
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login