shiza
Dan Norkus
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

Re: Group 2 Honduh?
January 03, 2013 01:18AM
RallyTaco
When are you and Timm going to fuck and break the obvious sexual tension so we can stop reading this shit on every thread?

Get a room and some lube and spare us the continued online courtship.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
b00sted
David Barrett
Senior Moderator

January 03, 2013 01:37AM
Is this the internet version of pulling a girl's hair in 2nd grade? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 01:38AM by b00sted.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 03, 2013 02:12AM
RallyTaco
When are you and Timm going to fuck and break the obvious sexual tension so we can stop reading this shit on every thread?

Actually Timmy's crusade to be the big troll stems from a post years ago on SS.com where he was in fact blabbing with billy honda boy or somebody about how kewl Hondas were and his next build was going to be a Honda..
I sorta pointed out that he had made a good choice in the Corolla, and chose some good parts in the build spec..that maybe he should finish his car and shake it down then maybe do a season ofr two before talking---what has turned out to be 5 or 6 years in adavance..

He was all butt hurt ever since...
Fuck him, he got time and assistance towing his car 60 miles, advise on motor, box, axles, I compliment his choice and he has been crying and acting like a 10 year old ever since..Fuck him. Typical underdeprived suburbs boi.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
BillyElliot
Billy Elliot Mann
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1996 Honda Civic with VTEC YO!

January 03, 2013 11:54AM
krisdahl
Honda sells body in white cars?

Yep.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/02/honda-now-offering-body-in-white-civics-with-hpd-racing-componen/

It's just the shell and not a complete car, but $3500 for a body in white shell and then get junkyard parts for suspension. Find a motor/harness online through H Motors or Osaka. You'll be replacing the dampers with rally spec, likely going to fresh brakes all around anyway. It's not the cheapest route, but it's probably the cheapest way to get into a modern chassis rally car that is built for a K series motor.

I'm not sure on weight though, the HPD guys have that P class Civic Si and said it weighs over 2700 lbs (same with their Fit) but they did nothing for weight savings and put in 1.75 all around for the cages if I remember.

I swear I remember seeing an Si coupe road race car was 2400 lbs race ready in Grassroots Motorsports mag. So adding another 150-200lbs for rally equipment would give you 2600lbs. But put in a 2.4L K series motor for torque and gives you a 2381 minimum weight allowance with G2 rules. The only G2 car that I think can get close to the minimum weight would be a BMW like Dave K's with a 3.0L that gives 2535 minimum weight limit. A 2.4L K series can give you 100hp/L with torque for a NA car.

It's just getting to that point where finding a 92-00 shell is getting to be interesting for me in the midwest as most are all rusted to shit and those that aren't fetch a fair price.
b00sted
David Barrett
Senior Moderator

January 03, 2013 03:01PM
That's my problem now. I'm in Chicago and everything is rusted out garbage, or has been raped by some 'tuner' idiot(whom now thinks his whip is worth fat cash). Gas prices + Cash for Clunkers really fucked us around here...All the older, cheaper cars are now selling for much higher prices. Supply and demand. sad smiley
DaveK
Dave Kern
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

January 03, 2013 05:09PM
BillyElliot
The only G2 car that I think can get close to the minimum weight would be a BMW like Dave K's with a 3.0L that gives 2535 minimum weight limit. A 2.4L K series can give you 100hp/L with torque for a NA car.

It'll take a fair bit of work to get to that weight with a rally spares kit in the car (liquid nitrogen all the sound deadening, minimum spec cage, bolt-on fiberglass body bits). The right way to do it engine wise would be to source a Euro-spec 3.0 with the ITBs which is ~280hp out of the box, but these typically sell for $5k on up. US-spec M3 3.0 is 240hp/225tq and can be found in the $1000-2000 range with out much waiting.

Dave
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Junior Moderator

January 03, 2013 08:33PM
john vanlandingham
RallyTaco

Actually Timmy's crusade to be the big troll stems from a post years ago on SS.com where he was in fact blabbing with billy honda boy or somebody about how kewl Hondas were and his next build was going to be a Honda..
I sorta pointed out that he had made a good choice in the Corolla, and chose some good parts in the build spec..that maybe he should finish his car and shake it down then maybe do a season ofr two before talking---what has turned out to be 5 or 6 years in adavance..

He was all butt hurt ever since...
Fuck him, he got time and assistance towing his car 60 miles, advise on motor, box, axles, I compliment his choice and he has been crying and acting like a 10 year old ever since..Fuck him. Typical underdeprived suburbs boi.

Oh, that's your side? I've never heard it. I've always wondered, though. I've even called you a few times after you deemed me "unworthy" in attempts to make this retardation stop... but apparently you like it too much.

I ceased being Johns friend after I realized how much he belittles people. In person, over the phone, online, etc. I recognized him for what he was, and called him out on it. And I walked away.

MAYBE in the beginning after this thread I don't even remember, lol, I might have said something to him that made him go off on HIS crusade.

I'm fighting back, yes, but I'm not the crusader. I'm just holed up Jerusalem trying to hold my walls. (going with the crusade theme - I can compromise... )

But what I *do* know is that for the last few years, 3+ everything between us has been started by him. YES, I have made threads for him to go on his rants about me, but that was in efforts of saving the thread HE derailed attempting to hurt my feelings, I guess?

That's the sad thing, really. I have no idea what he wants, or what he's attempting to do. I just sit back, read it, and laugh, and wonder how someone could spend so much time harassing one person.

And don't you dare try to say I spend the same amount of time. I've SEEN you write posts. You start them, come back to them, look up threads to reference, come back, make tea, come back, and then post. Oddly enough, he never seems to proof read. You can tell he's REALLY angry when he just throws out simple typos, vs intentionally butchering words. I spend maybe 10 min tops during a whole day of browsing and I see your post, I reply, I go on with my life not giving any fucks.

You should try it. It's quite relaxing. Give no fucks about me, don't even mention me, and this problem would be over.

Anyhow, I'm getting off subject.

What I recall is talking about things that I *wanted* but not necessarily *needed.* John did not approve of such things like wants and wishes, and made it full well clear to me that (this is when I thought him a friend, mind you) I was being stupid and frivolous and wanting things for masturbatory reasons.

I started to chalk it up to him not being able to understand how "spare money and time" (or fun money as some people call it) work. I've always had a job since knowing him, except for the bits where I've been in school. A lot of that time, I worked and went to school. So I *had* fun money. And I wanted to build hood louvers. I wanted to press/buy some aluminum louvers, get them anodized black (That's what brought this all up, I asked if he could send them out with his next shipment of anodizing stuff. We never made it to the color part...), and then I could lay them up in a few plies of carbon fiber.

Why did I want to do all this? My family (not immediate) owns an aerospace plant and I can use the scrap/out of date (perfectly fine for non aerospace use) PREPREG carbon fiber. Ever used double sided tape? Imagine stacking that a few times. The hardest part is remembering to cut it 0-90 or 45 (weave direction). Then it would be vacuum bagged BY the staff, and cured in the autoclave, by the staff, on there next run.

I'm out the cost of louvers, anodizing, and a saturday afternoon. Not really that big of a deal...

But that's of the first things that started bothering me. You can see it on the forums too. He'll make fun of you when you want something you don't need.

Another big thing was when he was building my suspension. I gave him a chunk of money, 400-600 or so, I can't remember, that was for either front or rear dampers. I think it was rear... When I came to pick them up, or I asked how it was going (a few weeks -> a month later) I was told they weren't there yet. I asked what happened.

He used MY money to finance some volvo guy's car across the country because "I didn't need them yet"

FUCK YOU I "don't need them yet" I fucking PAID for them. That was MY money. For MY parts.

And I sort of remember things spiraling downwards from there.

I don't blame him for what he's doing. It's too much fun to troll him back as he tries to degrade me. It's amusing. It's sad that its at the cost of forum threads, but I'm not just going to let him roll over me. A lot of people take it. I'm not a sheep. Nor do I believe in the Church of Comrade Vanlandingham.

John doesn't like me because I wouldn't take his shit. He doesn't like me because I think for myself, vs letting people spoon feed me. He doesn't like me because I vocally oppose him. He doesn't like me because I question his business practices.

Now, the funny thing is, there are a few things that I'm very thankful of John for. Things he seems to think I disregard. I'm very thankful for when he towed my car home. I've even MORE thankful when he told me where the closed hospital was when my brother broke his wrist mountain biking with me (no smart phone at that time winking smiley ) There's probably more stuff I could think of if I really thought about it, but honestly, anything that doesn't immediately come to mind has more or less been replaced by how he is now.

A sad, angry man attempting to torment someone who thinks someone trying to torment him is funny.

I've said it many times. The key to ending this is for John to just stop mentioning me. Stop mocking me, stop bringing me into threads I have no relevance to (like the brake thread, I think it was? I just happened to look at it and saw a quip). As amusing as it is, I'm not going to let it just sit there unanswered, and thus begins the flame war.

Either he's having as much fun as I am in this battle of his (which, honestly, would be a bit on the strange side) or he really is THAT much of an asshole.

Anyhow John. I'll invite you once more to step off your soap box before you fall and break a hip, and just be civil. My prediction? I'll be mocked.

I dont think he likes the idea of HIM stopping it. But that's the thing. I'm defending myself. That's it.

He needs to stop. If he wont stop, it will never stop. It's that simple. It'll either stop with his choice, or it'll stop when he's dead. It's that simple.

(this one took a bit longer, maybe 25 min or so)

I'm gonna cross post it as its own thread, someone else might want to know who wouldnt be reading in here.

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

January 03, 2013 08:44PM
pretty cool looking build, getting the stuff back on track, what kind of specs, more pictures etc?

Cosworth
There might be a top spec Honda EG6 for sale soon - 307hp K series, 6spd super short ratio straight cut box, DMS dampers, 4 pot race calipers, floor pedal box, race dash display, full re-wire, etc. Well built and Probably the fastest Gr2 car in the country. TONS of spares.

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

January 03, 2013 09:25PM
Gravity Fed
pretty cool looking build, getting the stuff back on track, what kind of specs, more pictures etc?
Got specs in a word file that I can email to those interested.

Small vid of some chopped clips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 09:40PM by Cosworth.
mekilljoydammit
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
No rally car yet

January 03, 2013 09:50PM
DaveK
BillyElliot
The only G2 car that I think can get close to the minimum weight would be a BMW like Dave K's with a 3.0L that gives 2535 minimum weight limit. A 2.4L K series can give you 100hp/L with torque for a NA car.

It'll take a fair bit of work to get to that weight with a rally spares kit in the car (liquid nitrogen all the sound deadening, minimum spec cage, bolt-on fiberglass body bits). The right way to do it engine wise would be to source a Euro-spec 3.0 with the ITBs which is ~280hp out of the box, but these typically sell for $5k on up. US-spec M3 3.0 is 240hp/225tq and can be found in the $1000-2000 range with out much waiting.

Dave

You know... just as a thought experiment and not to get into pissing matches about platforms or anything (it's very silly obviously) but how much does the spares kit/sparts/etc tend to add? I know the RX-7s and stuff can get down to SCCA roadrace minimum weights (with different cage specs, lots of work, etc) and that's a couple hundred pounds under what RA wants 'em to weigh for G2, and SCCA weighs 'em with driver. I also haveta suspect something like a Nissan 240 with a 3L V6 could get close, but who knows.
b00sted
David Barrett
Senior Moderator

January 03, 2013 10:16PM
Cosworth

I'm interested. dsbconsulting (at) gmail.com
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

January 03, 2013 11:38PM
That thing even sounds good! care to just attach the word file to a post?
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

January 04, 2013 09:50AM
Cosworth

How many $$ would you be looking for? Could I see that spec sheet as well? smiling smiley

p.nazarew at gmail dot com

I'm always posting on Instagram...follow me! PeteNaz Instagram

My Build smiling smiley
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Junior Moderator

January 04, 2013 02:56PM
You've got my email, I'd like to see them too, thanks.

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
BillyElliot
Billy Elliot Mann
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1996 Honda Civic with VTEC YO!

January 04, 2013 04:38PM
mekilljoydammit
DaveK
BillyElliot

Dave

You know... just as a thought experiment and not to get into pissing matches about platforms or anything (it's very silly obviously) but how much does the spares kit/sparts/etc tend to add? I know the RX-7s and stuff can get down to SCCA roadrace minimum weights (with different cage specs, lots of work, etc) and that's a couple hundred pounds under what RA wants 'em to weigh for G2, and SCCA weighs 'em with driver. I also haveta suspect something like a Nissan 240 with a 3L V6 could get close, but who knows.

I'd guess on average 150-200lbs of rally specific crap from extra braces, underbody, extra seat, footrest, hand brake, skid plates (front/rear) beefier wheels/tires, intercom, roof scoop(s), extra harness, extra extinguisher, spare tire, spare tools, spill kit, etc.

But RX-7 are closer to min spec because they get a 2x displacement modifier right? So it's considered a 2.6L weight? I'm running a 1.6 and my min weight is like 2050lbs and there's no way I'm getting anywhere near that without going to Ioro levels of prep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login