Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

Re: 95 impreza L open light build..
April 03, 2013 11:17AM
john vanlandingham
mke723
reserved for more light pod pics

I think drag guys have stickers that look like lenses...that'll do for the look..
But since the TV guys don't like night stages, we don't do night much anymore, so the stickers-fu should be enough..

stickers will save weight, and add HP right?

I be sorry as a muthafucka I did, still sorry I did n' hustled ta peep what tha fuck I holla'd a lil' bit better, or at least try to.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 03, 2013 11:35AM
mke723
john vanlandingham
mke723

I think drag guys have stickers that look like lenses...that'll do for the look..
But since the TV guys don't like night stages, we don't do night much anymore, so the stickers-fu should be enough..

stickers will save weight, and add HP right?

That's true, but I don't which stickers for lights add the most power.
I do know the stickers should refer to the super bright type things and better be blue...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

April 03, 2013 01:14PM
its gotta be piaa or hella stickers.. those are the most expensive i know of...

I be sorry as a muthafucka I did, still sorry I did n' hustled ta peep what tha fuck I holla'd a lil' bit better, or at least try to.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 03, 2013 01:33PM
mke723
its gotta be piaa or hella stickers.. those are the most expensive i know of...

Then fersure PIAA, they're twice as expensive so they must make the car twice as fast..and hang on to your HANS

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Aaron Luptak
Aaron Luptak
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

April 03, 2013 11:11PM
I was right with that link up until this bit:

The lights are aimed with stacks of washers between the mounting tabs and the front of the pod.

but, it seems like you could come up with something a little more like the piaa mounting rings if you got some little angle brackets that were threaded...

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

April 04, 2013 01:14AM
john vanlandingham
mke723

Do what? Half the stage rallies I've run have been at night. Maybe not so much on the PNW?
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

April 04, 2013 02:51PM
YEAH,NO WASHERS WE USE SPRINGS WITH A BOLT THRU THEM TO MOUNT THE LIGHTS.. KEEPS THEM STABLE...oops caps lock..

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 04, 2013 10:51PM
teamjlp;458009
My current subaru open lights car has a LKQ bottom end with a tagged mileage of 157,000. Uses a quart of oil between services. I just change the filter between events as it uses so much oil!

Justin Pritchard

That was posted on specialstage... Possible that he bought it from Chris without engine, he had to replace "built" engine, or he's making it up altogether much like peeople lie or downplay dyno results.

Grant Hughes
FunctionAuto
Tyler Patik
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 IMpreza

April 04, 2013 10:57PM
As far as I know the only thing chris didn't sell with it was my seat. Chris moved on to triumphs and Porsches, no need for subiques.
teamjlp
Justin Pritchard
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Open class WRX( sold it before I driven it!), 2002 WRX PGT (now a parts car), 1966 Mini rolled.

April 05, 2013 12:29PM
NoCoast
teamjlp;458009
My current subaru open lights car has a LKQ bottom end with a tagged mileage of 157,000. Uses a quart of oil between services. I just change the filter between events as it uses so much oil!

Justin Pritchard

That was posted on specialstage... Possible that he bought it from Chris without engine, he had to replace "built" engine, or he's making it up altogether much like peeople lie or downplay dyno results.

Jeez, lot's of interest!

When I got the car, it had a dead cylinder. The tune was ultra ultra lean. I bought I junk yard motor, swapped heads, made a plate for the throttle body so that it sealed against the intake, and added lots of fuel to the map. Never had it dynoed. It runs race gas because that was what was in the tank when we tuned it the night before we left for the first rally. I don't think it needs it, and I haven't taken it back to the tuner to redo the tune for pump fuel. The next motor might well need race gas!

It's slower than my stock 320,000 mile wrx street car in a drag race, much less top end mph.

The six speed is nice..... :-)

DMS shocks I bought off Travis Hanson.
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

April 05, 2013 12:43PM
what ever it has, you sure are fast... i like seeing open lights running faster than opens...

shiza
Dan Norkus
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

April 05, 2013 06:20PM
mke723
what ever it has, you sure are fast...

It's got a fast driver! Hey Justin, how did those A034's hold up at 100 AW? Did you chew through them as fast as you thought you would?
DaveK
Dave Kern
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

April 05, 2013 07:01PM
teamjlp
When I got the car, it had a dead cylinder. The tune was ultra ultra lean. I bought I junk yard motor, swapped heads, made a plate for the throttle body so that it sealed against the intake, and added lots of fuel to the map. Never had it dynoed. It runs race gas because that was what was in the tank when we tuned it the night before we left for the first rally. I don't think it needs it, and I haven't taken it back to the tuner to redo the tune for pump fuel. The next motor might well need race gas!

Not sure how advanced the tuning solution is/was on the car, but it was raced at high elevation so the tune might've been spot on up here, but leaned out a too much when you brought it down hill.

Dave
FunctionAuto
Tyler Patik
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 IMpreza

April 05, 2013 07:15PM
DaveK
teamjlp

Not sure how advanced the tuning solution is/was on the car, but it was raced at high elevation so the tune might've been spot on up here, but leaned out a too much when you brought it down hill.

Dave

Dave, car was never raced with that engine in it. The heads were used for the year we were in the crc but that was a fresh block that had dyno time and a few trips around town when chris sold it.
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

April 05, 2013 11:18PM
small friday update

got the front fender liners and mud flaps on

worked on the trunk a bit too,
optima red top in its new home i hadn't planned to relocate but the 06 fuse box and 95 wiper bottle dictated it

nut gun holster in and spare tire too...passenger side spare 90+% of tire incidents seem to occur to the co-drivers side

and since i had the rally tires off to put on the liners, popped some WRX 16s on with street rubber on so it can go to the dyno for a mild break in tune.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 11:25PM by mke723.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login