Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Anyone uses Terratrip GeoTrip Rally Computers ?

Posted by lelikmed 
lelikmed
Alex Kuklov
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 RS

Re: Anyone uses Terratrip GeoTrip Rally Computers ?
July 10, 2013 06:50PM
NoCoast
Demon Tweeks or Rally Nuts.

Though if looking at Peltor, Subesports retail used to be less than my wholesale from Europe.

Usualy in USA we got the same price but in dollars vs Euro in Europe. That is why it's cheaper little bit
Please Login or Register to post a reply
lelikmed
Alex Kuklov
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 RS

July 10, 2013 06:52PM
Alright - --- decided to buy GeoTrip 202 before Black River Rally. I am hoping it will help us.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

July 11, 2013 01:02PM
lelikmed
Usualy in USA we got the same price but in dollars vs Euro in Europe. That is why it's cheaper little bit

This was actually back when dollar to euro were about 1:1. It was more of a Sube Sports was direct from Peltor, I was going through a distributor that was probably buying there product from Sube Sports or another Peltor dealer or something along that line.

Grant Hughes
shiza
Dan Norkus
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

July 11, 2013 06:35PM
lelikmed
Alright - --- decided to buy GeoTrip 202 before Black River Rally. I am hoping it will help us.

Make sure to post how you like it!
lelikmed
Alex Kuklov
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 RS

July 11, 2013 06:43PM
[/quote]

Make sure to post how you like it![/quote]

will do.
John Reed
John Reed
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Toyota AE86

July 15, 2013 07:34AM
I have the Monit in my car and like it a lot, small, clean and simple. I have it driven off the GPS as well, I didn't want to put speed sensors on the car just to get torn up by gravel spray. It is also nice that I never need to calibrate it for tire changes and stuff like that.

The rallies here in the NW haven't been much issue in terms of GPS coverage. Most of the time we only use it on transit and those roads seem to be typically more "main" roads (with less chance of tree cover). I will say that when I was doing data for the FY Racing guys at STPR this year we were losing our GPS signal a lot there on certain stages due to the tree cover, so always something to consider.

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
johnreedracing@gmail.com
lelikmed
Alex Kuklov
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 RS

July 15, 2013 09:30AM
John Reed
I have the Monit in my car and like it a lot, small, clean and simple. I have it driven off the GPS as well, I didn't want to put speed sensors on the car just to get torn up by gravel spray.

regarding sensors - it's not clear for me......I have 4 wheel drive and which one should I get?
here are two types availabe from SubeSport: simple wheel probe or Cable Drive Probe
http://www.subesports.com/products/cat/Rally+Equipment/brand/Terratrip/prodID/494
Model: Wheel Probe

Description:
This proximity probe will count passing masses of equl size as revolutions of the wheel (four or more per revolution is recommended). This probe is intended to be fitted looking at the bolts holding the brake disc to the hub on a non-driven wheel on two-wheel drive cars. 202+ and 303+.

Model: Universal Cable Drive Probe

Description:
Fits all cars fitted with a mechanical speddometer cable. Installation on the outer cable housing and reading the revolutions of the inner cable are ideal for four wheel drive cars. Also very reliable as a secondary probe for two-wheel drive cars. 202+ and 303+.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login