Posted by NoCoast 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

VW Kaaz for $600!!!
November 29, 2007 09:48AM
From Scott Leonard. Can look him up on specialstage if you'd like to PM him.

I'm doing some upgrades on my next car and I have too many VW parts, so I have few items for sale: note the VW parts are all for A2

- 2 Cobra seats. one is in good shape, one has issues with the upholstery. these seats are ridiculously light, but not too comfortable. perfect for a rallycross or HC car. 200.00 for the good one, 100.00 for the shabby one.

- 4 front struts. the struts are stock bodies with Ground Control coilover kits - body threads, perches. the springs are 12" 250lbs rate. the dampers are Bilstein HD's. these are good entry level struts. with fresh cartridges they feel great. under hard use (eg hot lapping CORE, skidplate slamming jumps...) the cartridges don't last long, but they are easy to replace and cost 100.00 a pop. under rallycross type abuse the cartridges will last a few seasons. currently all the cartridges have some life left in them. 300.00 per set, 500.00 for all 4

- Koni rear suspension. Yellow ones, they have adjustable damping and are in excellent condition. they are coilovers and the springs are 12" 170lbs rate. rebuilt by Truechoice in july '06, valved for a 2400 lbs Jetta. they have 3 HC's, a few rally stages and a couple days at CORE on them. rear suspensions on a Jetta can go a while between services. 350.00

- vented, drilled front rotors and Hawk HP-plus pads. these rotors and pads are bedded to each other and have a HC (land's end) and 5 stages at COG on them. the rotor dia is 9.5ish - the A2 size. 100.00 for the kit.

- KAAZ 1.5 way clutch type LSD for 020. this is an extra diff - long story.
arguably the best lsd for the application, and in my opinion the best performance upgrade you can make to a FWD car. unlike a Quaife lsd, a KAAZ lsd sends torque to the wheel on the ground - if your inside tire loses contact mid corner the outside tire keeps churning... in this type of situation a Quaife behaves like an open diff and all the torque goes to the wheel in the air - lame! a new one costs 900.00. 600.00

- numerous used tires. 14" Hankook rally tires. 20.00/tire

- Clubman intercom. I'll pitch this in for free with a purchase over 100.00. it doesn't work very well, but a resourceful A/V type could probably improve the situation...

- lots of misc parts. call me before you go to the junkyard... it seems like I have 3 of everything.

- Lexan rear window for a Jetta. 50.00

if you are interested in anything or have questions, send a note or call me at 970-274-6655

thanks,
Scott

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login