Posted by Tim Taylor 
Tim Taylor
Tim Taylor
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazda 323 GTX

Help me finance my new toys...buy this Toyota Alltrac
July 06, 2008 11:48PM
I'm building up a new GTX and I need more money for cool toys and titanium bits. I bought this car for the drivetrain but I can't bring myself to part it because it's to nice and I'm better off with a ST205 half cut form japan so that I get a newer transmission with better syncros. I might split the car and short block for a RA member with a compelling story about how it's going into a RWD car otherwise it's a package deal Here is a copy of the ad I put up on an GT4 site sorry I'm to lazy to make it specific to here.

Buy my 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac GT4. I bought it to turn into a rally car and it was too nice to kill. Seriously, I see far worse cars being saved on a regular basis. This one is an easy fix. According to the previous owner it had the normal 1st generation rod knock. I haven’t personally heard it run but that doesn’t matter because this car comes with a monster short block. It’s a 1st generation block with a nitrided second generation crank, JP forged and coated pistons (crowns and skirts), Eagle rods, and all ARP fasteners. The assembly was done be Hasselgren Racing engines in Berkeley, CA http://www.hasselgren.com/. It comes with a new factory damper, 5S-FE oil pump (higher volume), and pickup tube. To my knowledge all you need fix the car is a second gen. flywheel, a gasket set, and clutch.

The downside for the car is that it doesn’t have a clean title which the person who sold it to me just neglected to disclose. I have a bill of sale from the original owner to the second owner and the original title. A clean title can be obtained through a lean sale by a car dealer. If you are local I can set you up with someone to take care of it. It just didn’t make economic sense for me to do it because I planned to race the car.

First person with $2100 gets it. You can easily part the car for more than that but like I said I don’t want to kill a collector car like this. It’s located in San Leandro, CA 94578 and to sweeten the deal I will trailer the car to you anywhere in the bay area for just the cost of diesel for my truck.

I’m offering it on a rally car site and here first because I want it to be used properly.

Minor cracking of the leather in the lumbar bolsters of both front seats.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2008 01:06AM by Tim Taylor.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login