wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

The Presidency for $640 Million and Promises of Free Money
November 06, 2008 12:22PM
'Nuff said.

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Please Login or Register to post a reply
JohnLane
John Lane
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
The Fire Breathing Monster

Re: The Presidency for $640 Million and Promises of Free Money
November 16, 2008 08:52AM
Watch for reperations!

JohnLane

Overkill is consistently more fun
frumby
Jason Hynd
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4TI a slow build!

November 16, 2008 06:00PM
I'm with you. I want no part of 'free money'. If anyeone is getting a refund (some of whom pay no taxes at all) it's like I'm giving them my money. If that's the case I want to see where every cent they spend is going (do they smoke...drink beer etc?).
Detroit builds shitty cars for how long and now they want a bailout? Take my taxes to build education, infastructure and very limited social programs for those that are actually deserving...and then leave me alone to fail or succeed.

Both parties suck...and the fact the campaign is a big spendathon to influence a majority of voters who don't really understand the issues (but don't miss an issue of 'people' magazine) is disgusting.
Ted Andkilde
Ted Andkilde
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1968 Mini

November 17, 2008 10:47AM
Not an American so take this as you will...

Why is it OK to throw $700 billion at a bunch of wallstreet douchebags who provide no useful input into the economy -- seriously, wtf do these asshats do other than trade money and stocks back and forth and scrape profits out of both sides of the transaction?

Then on the other side, get all jumped up and forthright when the auto industry asks for loan guarantees roughly 1/30th the size?

Is this because the Fed is run by wallstreet douchebag Paulson? Or is there actually a good reason to prop up these worthless pricks and let the largest industrial sector in North America wither?

Yeah yeah, american cars suck, the auto companies are mismanaged, blah blah blah...

I think there should be conditions attached, ie GM should be told to FOAD, no-one should lend them the money to buy and gut Chrysler -- and yes the wallstreet douchebags at Cerberus should be lined up and sent packing, placing Chrysler back into the hands of manufacturing people -- but if they need money to transition to hybrids and more efficient vehicles, why not? Hell, if they need money to bury some legacy pension and medical costs that NONE of their competitors face, why not?

And if they're not going to put in a decent socialized (yeah I said the S-word, deal with it) medicine program, like every other country in the world has, in place to level the playing field between the foreign and domestic autos then they should tax and tariff the hell out of the foreign companies to level it. Hell, while they're at it, until they're are as many (proportionately) chevy dealers and car sales to match in Japan, Korea, Indonesia, etc they should face the same obstacles to market that our stuff does over there.

As for the Presidency for sale aspect -- all high level politicians are scumbags, doesn't matter what their party affiliation is, who or what values they "say" they represent, they pretty much do whatever the hell they want once they've lied their way into office. The only thing we can hope for is that maybe this group of scum will spend a little less dough on blowing up other people's shit than the last group of scum.

Now I'm going to get back to work attempting to sell tooling to all my broke friends at the domestic autos (see we all have an agenda smiling smiley)

Cheers, Ted

Pure mathematics is the enemy of every truly creative man -- Sir Alec
frumby
Jason Hynd
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4TI a slow build!

November 17, 2008 05:04PM
Nice Ted. I didn't mention the Wall St Scum Bags. Unfortunately half the problem was government policies (largely by Dems, but both parties hold alot of blame) that encouraged, almost mandated dealing risky mortgages because 'all Americans should own a home'. It's just unbelievable how Government and Wall Street are working shady deals..but I agree they don't deserve the bailout. Sorry...but neither do those that bought houses that were too expensive. Why should I have pay for their mistake? I have a family to take care of also....and a rally car to build...someone pay my bills please!
As for Detroit...they have had so long to fix it. Fair trade does need to apply though.
You're right. Corrupt liars that promise the world and then deliver much less...usually just enough to run for office again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login