Posted by Tom B 
Tom B
Tom B
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf

Rabbit Howe Steering Quickener Setup
September 12, 2009 11:27PM
hey a buddy of mine snagged this from me a while back, but his plans have changed...This is a direct bolt on for 78 plus rabbit/rocco/jettas, and absolutely necessary for rallying at speed.

In his words:

I purchased this setup from the Demon Rally team after their Rally Bunny rolled. I believe he said the rack was rebuilt before it was installed, it has recent tie rods (complete) and ends. I havn't given them a good inspection but they should be in pretty good condition. This is a complete setup with complete steering rack, lines, reservoir bottle, coupler and complete steering column with steering wheel. The wheel also has a quick release on it, and the hub has been welded to the wheel.

The thing that sets this setup apart from the rest is the custom installed HOWE steering quickener. This is their 1.5:1 quickener which is fully installed and works like a charm. This setup is absolutely awesome for Autox and Rally, and also would work well in your track day car if you don't prefer the non-power setups. The only reason I am selling this is i just recently scored a deal on a Quaiffe Quick rack and wish to keep the non-power setup.

Asking $500. Shipping available at buyers expense.

contact him here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4545942

-Tom
DemonRallyTeam | Fine Tuning | CTS Turbo & RP Turbos | RalleyTuned | JRM | Meister Autowerks
Spitfire EFI | Product Apparel | JVAB Imports | NLS | AP Tuning | USRT

Add us on Facebook | Next Event: 2013 Olympus Rally June 22-23 Olympia, WA
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login