Posted by NBS2005 
NBS2005
Jeff Rivera
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1993 Mazda 323

WTB: Caged Saab 99, 900
November 26, 2013 12:33PM
I'm looking for a SAAB rally car. Or part of a rally car. Or nearly a rally car. Or potential to be a rally car. The more work that's been done up front the better (if it's done well).

Let me know what's out there. I'm getting older and crustier and this needs to be done. Soon. I could spend up to $10k for a car that is ready to go.

Direct email is best.

rallyfools [at] gmail [dot] com

And to head our movie star off at the pass (John, I see you in the next Star Trek episode); yes I want FWD (its what I've driven for the past 20 years), yes, I know gearing and an LSD will cost more. But hey I'll save on suspenders.

Cheers,

Jeff
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: WTB: Caged Saab 99, 900
November 26, 2013 03:11PM
NBS2005
I'm looking for a SAAB rally car. Or part of a rally car. Or nearly a rally car. Or potential to be a rally car. The more work that's been done up front the better (if it's done well).

Let me know what's out there. I'm getting older and crustier and this needs to be done. Soon. I could spend up to $10k for a car that is ready to go.

Direct email is best.

rallyfools [at] gmail [dot] com

And to head our movie star off at the pass (John, I see you in the next Star Trek episode); yes I want FWD (its what I've driven for the past 20 years), yes, I know gearing and an LSD will cost more. But hey I'll save on suspenders.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff I know a good clean rust -free shell in Canada, prep has started but the the reality of $6800 + freight + assembly for a final drive, gears and a diff sunk in...I betcha a nickle (made with all Canajian materials from Sudbury)
That he could be convinced to zap a cage together....

I just happen to have an ex-Will Gollop (1992 Euro Champ in real Rallycross) beautiful 16v head----and just yesterday got a deposit from a guy running an Appendix K real Historic 99 for pistons and rods----or depending on finding ablock with good standard bore, have some pistons new in box for a turbo motor......any Saab stuff I have is so cheap i can't say the prices on TV.

My man, ex Canadian national team bobsledder, decided to take the easy route where serious upgrade cost like a couple of hundred here and there, I got him a couple of good Xratties from a Dutch friend in Calgary: a runner and a spare missing head for $800, he ( or I, can't remember) found a Supra diff FOR FREE just a few blocks away...(I told him come on force the guy to take something so he gave him $125, fair is fair.

Planning n.a or turd-boat?
I strongly advise the 900. Longer wheelbase, decent PS, everything 5 times more accessible, and some chance of finding glass and sheetmetal..

N.a. or turbo I am certain nobody can put a good fun motor together for less and I mean FUN.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NBS2005
Jeff Rivera
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1993 Mazda 323

November 26, 2013 05:15PM
Can you email me contact info for the owner of the car you are refering to?

Been leaning 900 because of parts. Going turbo as the tourques make up for the initial gearing limitations.

I'll give you a shout tomorrow.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 26, 2013 07:11PM
NBS2005
Can you email me contact info for the owner of the car you are refering to?

Been leaning 900 because of parts. Going turbo as the tourques make up for the initial gearing limitations.

I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

OK

You know the only trans to waste time on is the last revision and they were 3.89 or 3.9 ratio but way overdriven in the chain case...

You CAN search and put together a 1:1 chain set using 99 and 900 parts...You need both sprockets and chaines or trust yourself with master links in the chain.

There's some really easy engine upgrades which don't cost a lot---less than $15 a valve to get 34mm intakes vs stock 32mm, more flow means same power at lower boost.
Very easy brake upgrades, almost drop in.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

December 01, 2013 10:18AM
Matt Joseph

had one for sale in wv at one time
i will send him your contact info

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login