Posted by Paddy1337 
alosix
Jason Powers
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
02 WRX, still to quiet, but it finished a rally

Re: NRS stock classes/ RA Production classes
November 01, 2013 03:30PM
well, FFS man.. just go pick it up then...

This isn't floor mat anarchy
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Paddy1337
Tim Patrick
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Galant VR-4

November 01, 2013 03:51PM
well, seller says he used to be an auto transporter, so still has connections there. this could work out well.
HiTempguy
Banned
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 01, 2013 04:11PM
Paddy1337

my concern was purely from a reliability standpoint. an intercooler made useless my mud/location will lead to skyrocketing AITs, and potential blown motor.

If you have it tuned for maximum performance, sure. A front mount intercooler will just as easily get caked with mud and crap. I'm not saying relocating is a bad idea, but the front of the talon is busy enough as it is. Simply my 2 cents, you can take it or leave it. I drove the bag off that Talon and it never gave me a single issue. Too bad it's life was so short sad smiley
heymagic
Banned
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 01, 2013 08:47PM
Any inter-cooler is subject to damage. That Talon crap is just waiting for a good flat tire to tear it up plus it is too small and restrictive. Talons in general are too small and restrictive. I'm only 5'8" and my helmet sat against the cage in the Talon Adam had. The dash is too high also. Stupid cars at best. There was a decent GR4 close by with a ton of parts, best of everything, fresh motor, double sychroed trans etc for maybe 4K. There is also an EVO 2 with a cage (needs up dates) that a guy might get for a bit more. Needs windshield, turbo installed and minor tinkering. RH drive btw.
Paddy1337
Tim Patrick
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Galant VR-4

November 01, 2013 10:09PM
if when you said GR4 you meant a GVR4, definitely let him know I'm in the market, or if you have a link to his sale I'd appreciate it.

Right now I'm working on a road legal GVR4 for $2000. will take plenty of work to prep it, but it's a clean desert car as far as rust. So far it's the best thing for my needs (ok, wants) that I've found.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

November 02, 2013 12:19AM
I'd find one closer to home and head up with a trailer. The one in York, PA looks like a good starting point. Or get the on in NH if you want a higher spec. But look out for rust. You may want to talk to Chuck McCrary at Barron's Garage in Atlanta as he is a vr4 nut and may have a lead on one down south. http://barrongarage.com Tell him Wilson sent you. He's a rally guy BTW.

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
heymagic
Banned
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 02, 2013 12:19AM
Car needs a clutch pedal replaced. Lots of spares. Solid car, 300 miles on engine, new EVO 3 turbo, ACT 2100 clutch, 2nd gen pistons, Web cams, ported head, good gear box. $3k. Adult owned by a Mitsu guru. Biggest issue is we are a geographical distance apart. I can give him your number if you want . There are cars out there if you look.
Paddy1337
Tim Patrick
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Galant VR-4

November 02, 2013 12:32AM
heymagic
Car needs a clutch pedal replaced. Lots of spares. Solid car, 300 miles on engine, new EVO 3 turbo, ACT 2100 clutch, 2nd gen pistons, Web cams, ported head, good gear box. $3k. Adult owned by a Mitsu guru. Biggest issue is we are a geographical distance apart. I can give him your number if you want . There are cars out there if you look.

is that a caged/logbooked car?

Wilson, agree, the one in York is appealing. AND, I'm from PA only 45min from York, and hope to be home for Thanksgiving. But,being a Northerner, I know about the rot. And all teh northern car 20years old have it somewhere. I'm really hoping the desert car works out. It's purely a street car, but the chassis should be very, very clean.

Also a guy selling one in NM, and I'm working in NM this week. We might meet up so I can see it in person, and buy later. NM is big though, and its 3.5 hrs 1 way to Albequirkee.
heymagic
Banned
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 02, 2013 12:14PM
Tim, nope. Just a good old over prepped street car.
Paddy1337
Tim Patrick
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Galant VR-4

November 02, 2013 04:10PM
Checking out a GVR4 TOMORROW!

got to love being in NM on business, and finding the car you want that's lived its life in desert. No rust!
frumby
Jason Hynd
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4TI a slow build!

November 02, 2013 04:52PM
I built a Talon about ten years ago. I'm 5'8" and the cage was very tight. Seat on the floor. Couldn't see over the dash and helmet bouncing off the cage. That was a very serious issue.
Engine has serious cooling issues. Fine on the drag strip or street. Maybe even track where there is more flow. Not ok on stage.
Servicing is really tough. Try changing the clutch in service. Nightmare!
Not enough suspension travel.
I'd never do it again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login