Posted by TylerEstes 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: How to un jam a Hi-Point CF .380?
January 28, 2013 10:10PM
My favorite was last winter when we went camping and Mark decided to go looking for his gun. Turns out both his 9mm and his knife got left in the tent and wrapped up and packed into the tent. Wasn't loaded of course, but still funny. It was like 6 months before I unrolled the tent and got it out for him and that was just so he could give it to another friend to keep for him because his wife is a passivist and won't allow him to keep a gun at home and he left his balls at the alter.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
TylerEstes
Tyler Estes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
E30 325E "practice girl"

January 29, 2013 04:31PM
jbass
I've read that those things often have feed issues until the magazines are 'broken in'. Just what I've read in a few reviews. I'm sure some fine tuning/polishing/etc. would help speed things along too.

That's what I read too. It's a brand new gun. It's bound to have a few niggles until the parts are broken in.
I was told to just pull and it worked like a charm.

ChrisKobi
And Grant, I was at the gun store for maybe 10 minutes. 5 for the background check, a few to see what gun I wanted, and another few minutes to drool over the 1970's Porsche 911 SC in the parking lot. I'd do it. They had a Kimber .40 for less than $200.

In Missouri you can get a hand gun in five minutes with a background check? Wow, here in Washington I believe I had to wait a couple days for the background check before I could have the gun.[/quote]

If you're 21, yeah. You do a page of paperwork, the employee makes a short phone call, and if everything checks out then you give him some money and you leave the store with a new gun. It's that simple. No waiting, no nothing.

Creech
I can't say nothin' about "impulse purchases" - I've bought two brand new cars that way (not to mention untold OTHER items that I really had no immediate "need" for - like weaponry).

Tyler, you really should check out a local (to you) CCL course for that thing - there's a guy in Joplin that's pretty good, I'm thinking about putting The Wife through his course (that may be a bit of a walk for you up there in the plains). Almost-certainly you won't have to go further than Columbia or Jeff City.

Familiarization with the pistol is the only thing I'm really worried about here (not yet knowing you personally, and giving you the Benefit of a Doubt that you're level-headed enough to own one). I just don't want to read of an accident here later.

IIRC, the local guy here has his course so that the CCL is actually Secondary - and has several exercises he puts his students through, including drawing and firing prone and supine. You'll go through at least 400rds before the day is over, and well on your way to becoming quite-proficient with your selected weapon.

Ah jeez. You saw a new car more than once and thought "Hey, you know what? That's coming home with me today."

That's SLIGHTLY worse than me. Not much, though.
And I've been around guns for a few years. Me and my friend used to go to the shooting range with his Braztech & Rossi .38, his generic .22 rifle, and his Mossberg 12 gauge pretty much every weekend before he got his girl knocked up. I know how to handle a gun, it's just that I'm new to my pistol. I know how to work the safety and all that.
I'm level-headed but not very smart. I at least make sure the trigger guard is on it, the mag is out and empty and the safety is on while the gun isn't being used. And it's always in it's case.

And I don't think I need or want a CCL. It's always going to be in my room or in the trunk of my car while on the way to waste some ammo and pop some punk ass beer bottles.

darkknight9
TylerEstes
What? No, hasn't been loaded. Just put the empty mag in and cocked it.

And even those of us with experience have difficulty finding the slide release for the first time on a new (to us) gun.

Personally, its why I prefer revolvers. winking smiley

This guy knows exactly what happened. smileys with beer

They had some sweet revolvers, but I chose the cheapest pistol they had in stock as my first gun.

Still gonna come back for that Kimber at some point, though.
NoCoast
My favorite was last winter when we went camping and Mark decided to go looking for his gun. Turns out both his 9mm and his knife got left in the tent and wrapped up and packed into the tent. Wasn't loaded of course, but still funny. It was like 6 months before I unrolled the tent and got it out for him and that was just so he could give it to another friend to keep for him because his wife is a passivist and won't allow him to keep a gun at home and he left his balls at the alter.

Srsly? Good job. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
And yeah, I know how it is when I guy gets married and loses his balls. And it's just a non-violent hobby, unless he has it in case their house gets robbed. In that case she'd probably wish they still had the gun so Mark could non-violently shoot the fuck out of the guy stealing their stuff.

Why do you even need brakes? Are you some sort of pansy or something?
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Infallible Moderator

January 29, 2013 10:57PM
darkknight9
TylerEstes
What? No, hasn't been loaded. Just put the empty mag in and cocked it.

And even those of us with experience have difficulty finding the slide release for the first time on a new (to us) gun.

Personally, its why I prefer revolvers. winking smiley

lol, I didn't even think about that. I guess it helps that the first time I shot a semi auto, it was a rental at a range, so it came out of the bag with the slide back and mag out. Load mag, insert, release slide, fire. None of this cocking business grinning smiley

Now my ruger... dear god. Cock it everything, the bolt doesnt have enough speed to use the (double duty) safety/bolt lock.

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
Jens
Jens
Professional Moderator

February 01, 2013 12:01PM
TylerEstes
I just bought my first fire arm yesterday. I went into town to buy a pizza, and one thing lead to another.

Anyway, it's a Hi-Point CF .380. ......

I'm all for people having firearms, but you went out to buy a pizza and ended up buying a gun is a bit worrying.

Owning a gun is a heavy responsibility not to be taken lightly.

If you have no training in firearms, lock it up, and go spend some money to learn to store, maintain, and to responsibly own and use a firearm.

You didn't buy toy. You bought something that can be used for fun shooting, but it can kill someone. It is an awesome responsibilty. Treat it as such. If you can't then sell it.
b00sted
David Barrett
Professional Moderator

February 08, 2013 01:52AM
Hipoint, eek.

Anyways, I went out for lunch once and ended up buying a Mosin Nagant...it happens. I've also been shooting since I was 5 though.
b00sted
David Barrett
Professional Moderator

February 08, 2013 01:58AM
BTW, that was the slide lock that 'jammed' it. Most pistols with an empty magazine in them will lock the slide back. It simplifies the process for swapping in a new mag and chambering a round.

Take a gun safety class that includes lots of range time.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Infallible Moderator

February 08, 2013 02:35AM
b00sted
Hipoint, eek.

Anyways, I went out for lunch once and ended up buying a Mosin Nagant...it happens. I've also been shooting since I was 5 though.
The Nagant revolver is a really interesting pistol. Definitely Russian.
b00sted
David Barrett
Professional Moderator

February 08, 2013 02:46AM
It's definitely odd looking.

I've got a 1933 Russian 91/30. Haven't fired it yet, but I'll likely have it at the range this spring...I hear these things kick like a mule.
ryanfay
guess
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 volvo 242tic

February 08, 2013 08:38PM
Has anyone suggested shooting it with another gun?
Racinkid13
Max
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

February 09, 2013 06:07PM
Shoot, i went into Rainier Arms to get a new foregrip. walked out with that, a Glock 9, Aimpoint sight and new rail system. yeah, it happens.

with my CPL it took me 10 min of paperwork and i was out the door (after i saw the new glock and hmmm'd and hawww'd over it about 5 min).
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Infallible Moderator

February 21, 2013 10:16PM
Well, as we're all discussing firearms purchases...

I just bought a FEG PA63 last night

9mm makarov... Ammo you can still easily find grinning smiley

I'd been looking for a .380acp ppk... found this instead.

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
Jens
Jens
Professional Moderator

February 22, 2013 12:12PM
Racinkid13
Shoot, i went into Rainier Arms to get a new foregrip.....

Your post prompted me to google Rainier Arms. Lucky you!

Here in CT our 2A rights are under attack. I bought my first AR (knock-off, because we already had a stupid ban) last year after wanting one for 40 years, however I sold it last month to reduce my stress level (I'm a heart patient). Hopefully I can buy another later this year, but it is not looking good.

We gun owners have to ALL come together to stop this bullshit.

First NY, next CT, next another state... on and on and on until that douchebag Obama has armed all the criminals and disarmed everyone else.

Joe Biden was here in CT yesterday drooling. What a asshole he is.

Here is his double barrel retardedness on full display:

Better yet, Joe, just step outside and throw a few firecrackers any old direction to scare away the bad guys. Yeah, that'll work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2013 12:33PM by Jens.
heymagic
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

February 22, 2013 02:20PM
Biden is a moron. Between him for the takers and LaPierre for the keepers I don't who is worse.

We had a local guy shot dead at the kitchen table a few years ago. Seems a couple redneks stopped to shot a road sign...bullet went thru sign, thru a bunch of trees and brush, thru a wall or window into a house they didn't even see.

One of my customers had a dumassed kid at a hi-school senior party all nighter. They were making a beer run and the dumass shot a 357 thru a sanakan...yup, kid happened to be inside. Everyone should just step outside and fire their weapons.

How does a guy as stupid as Biden comes across (with a haircut nearly as bad as Trumps) get to be VP?? He seems to be as bad as Bush Jr .
b00sted
David Barrett
Professional Moderator

February 26, 2013 12:03PM
Biden just seems like a smug idiot. I can only imagine what he was like to be around in his college years.
Jens
Jens
Professional Moderator

February 26, 2013 12:20PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login