-------------------------------------------------------
> Somebody wrote all over your pictures! It looks
> like fucking ASS!!!
>
> Kevin Hawkinson
> Seattle, WA
> 83 Volvo 240 Gp5 (in progress)
> 34-ish

I don't like it all that much either. But when I don't do it, people use my photos on e-bay, to advertise their business, and all sorts of other BS with out even asking (what I love most is when they don't host it but use my hosting so I get to pay money for them to use my photo without my knowledge or consent).

It is a sad reality. Only post photos you are willing to have "stolen" or smother them in copyright text. So far I chose to post the bulk of what I have instead of a select few to have pillaged.

Anyway, the thread is about how Grant actually finished the car and has now gone to an event that requires more than second gear and somehow finished without braking anything major!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Milestone!
May 13, 2008 12:08AM
I discovered what my handling issue was. Every suspension bushing that I hadn't replaced are now totally trashed. You can adjust castor by about an inch by hand with the car on the ground.
Also have a transmission oil leak. The tail housing is leaking, but I think it might be more than that. We had to add a quart on Sunday morning, and it's starting to not sound too good. Pulling it on Wednesday to tear it down and inspect it.
Also need to order some tie rod ends again as the brake rotors end up close to the boot and overheat them. The ones that are nearly brand new on the drivers' side are already cracking from the heat. Good thing they aren't expensive. smiling smiley
I also need to get the quicker steering rack. Mine seems around 2.75 to 1 and I believe the quick one is 2.25 to 1. It was a handful at times. Well, always actually. smiling smiley

Grant Hughes
eyesoreracing
Dave Coleman
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazda3, SE-R Spec-V, 510

Re: Milestone!
May 25, 2008 01:24PM
NoCoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Total weight, minus skid plates and passengers =
> 2669
> Front left = 745, right = 694
> rear left = 595, right = 635
>
> Grant Hughes
> www.nocoastmotorsports.net
> Denver, CO

Don't you mean "minus skidplates and DRIVERS"

Just sayin...

Next time you're under there, raise the spring perches a bit on the left rear and right front. Your F/R weight distribution is 55/45 on the left and 52/48 on the right. You'll probably never feel the difference, but its not that hard to fix...

-Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login