Posted by ElectroTech 
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

VW ABF complete conversion packages!
March 12, 2016 07:10PM
Very good deal for those in the US, he quoted me 599GBP for delivery to Alberta, so 948GBP means $1341USD which is a pretty sweet deal!
cwAAOSwYlJW4wtb" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" >ABF Conversion

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
naterkane
Nater Kane
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
I build them for other people.

Re: VW ABF complete conversion packages!
May 22, 2016 01:13PM
the link is broken. more info/link please?

Best,
Nater Kane

Motörshed Inc
443-693-RACE
themotorshed.com
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

May 22, 2016 01:19PM
Assuming he sold them, had 2 at the time, do you get the part where it says to see his other items?

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 22, 2016 03:06PM
ElectroTech
Assuming he sold them, had 2 at the time, do you get the part where it says to see his other items?

I've decided to build a Golf for hi level Professional Rally-cross..Are these kits good for 350 hp?
because that's what I have planned to need. Can you supply a complete gearbox and final drive and diff for $365?
Thank you

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 22, 2016 04:35PM
Was it complete ABF engines or just the components to make clone ABF engines out of ABAs?

Exchange rate looks reasonable for importing luxury Euro delicacies at the moment. Though no idea why VW 16v shite is considered desirable... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

May 22, 2016 04:43PM
john vanlandingham
ElectroTech

I've decided to build a Golf for hi level Professional Rally-cross..Are these kits good for 350 hp?
because that's what I have planned to need. Can you supply a complete gearbox and final drive and diff for $365?
Thank you
The kits make 343.98fhp on the best dyno ever made, using the same formula most only get 125bhp out of but I found the magic combo that the manufacturers could not. The full gearbox costs $385, plus I will write a reciept for $12000 so you can feel good about it.

These were full swaps all electronics included (never discussed immobilizer) as the freight was the hold up for me. There's lots for sale on Club GTi for really reasonable prices, be nice if you had someone over there to take a look at what you are buying. Orchid is the way to go, I would think if he had a deposit/payment he would import more.

danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 23, 2016 07:59AM
If only there was someone we knew who lives on the landmass found on the east side of the Atlantic...

^^^ The above sentence was typed whilst looking out the window at the remnants of gnawed haggis carcasses and empty whisky bottles strewn around the hills.

Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mega Moderator

May 23, 2016 09:02AM
danster

^^^ The above sentence was typed whilst looking out the window at the remnants of gnawed haggis carcasses and empty whisky bottles strewn around the hills.

This is exactly as I envisioned it. Someday I'll have to visit.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

May 23, 2016 09:13AM
danster
If only there was someone we knew who lives on the landmass found on the east side of the Atlantic...

LOL, is there many of these laying around amongst the bottles and haggis?

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 23, 2016 09:44AM
ElectroTech
john vanlandingham
ElectroTech

Thank you
The kits make 343.98fhp on the best dyno ever made, using the same formula most only get 125bhp out of but I found the magic combo that the manufacturers could not. The full gearbox costs $385, plus I will write a reciept for $12000 so you can feel good about it.

These were full swaps all electronics included (never discussed immobilizer) as the freight was the hold up for me. There's lots for sale on Club GTi for really reasonable prices, be nice if you had someone over there to take a look at what you are buying. Orchid is the way to go, I would think if he had a deposit/payment he would import more.

But I planned on threefifty! All the winnars say they have a minimum of threefifty!
Ands is that priced for the stuff shipped!?
$385 shipped?

How are you going to get here to install it? That has to be included.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

May 23, 2016 10:39AM
john vanlandingham
ElectroTech
john vanlandingham
ElectroTech

Thank you

But I planned on threefifty! All the winnars say they have a minimum of threefifty!
Ands is that priced for the stuff shipped!?
$385 shipped?

How are you going to get here to install it? That has to be included.
I will send 3 stickers from the winningest rally school ever those are worth 3hp a piece. Amazons new drone will drop it right in place. You wanted the ultra fast 3.00fd and the queef diff right? This will work perfect with the 18" rims and 15" brakes required to own the goatium.

Make sure you wear a HANDS device!

Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (30 KB)
image.jpeg
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 23, 2016 01:49PM
Robert Culbertson
danster

This is exactly as I envisioned it. Someday I'll have to visit.

If you do visit make sure to introduce yourself as Rab C (Nesbitt) and you'll get plenty laughs. thumbs up

And remember to travel light on your way over so you can hand carry loads of 16v shite on your return flight.

danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 23, 2016 02:04PM
ElectroTech

There are still a few ABFs around but the vehicles are getting on now so who knows what sort of history the engines will have had.
Still a bit miffed as to why folk would want a whole engine with ecu rather than source decent components parts to build a clone. That way you know the engine is ok rather than gamble on a complete unit of unknown condition.
The std management doesn't like uprated cams with too much duration.

I've got various ABF bits here, and could source more if folk are interested. Collecting and moving whole engines around is a bit of a pain though. ABFs are fairly bulky with all the ancillaries fitted, and they also have a shitty alloy sump so one small bump and they can crack.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 23, 2016 03:47PM
danster
ElectroTech

There are still a few ABFs around but the vehicles are getting on now so who knows what sort of history the engines will have had.
Still a bit miffed as to why folk would want a whole engine with ecu rather than source decent components parts to build a clone. That way you know the engine is ok rather than gamble on a complete unit of unknown condition.
The std management doesn't like uprated cams with too much duration.

I've got various ABF bits here, and could source more if folk are interested. Collecting and moving whole engines around is a bit of a pain though. ABFs are fairly bulky with all the ancillaries fitted, and they also have a shitty alloy sump so one small bump and they can crack.

There the fact ya get every nut bolt bracket etc when you get a motor lifted right out but otherwise wot da fuq?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 23, 2016 04:16PM
john vanlandingham
There the fact ya get every nut bolt bracket etc when you get a motor lifted right out but otherwise wot da fuq?

Pay muchos dollars to ship a heavy engine of unknown status thousands of miles.
Rear engine mount = Bin as no use in mk1 or mk2
Front engine mount = Bin as no use in mk1 or mk2
ABFs usually have huge combined aircon / alternator / pas bracket with tensioner system = Bin and fit basic alternator bracket assembly.
Alloy sump = Bin and fit steel sump (careful to check sufficient oil pick up pipe clearance)
Spend hours stripping out often damaged engine loom from lighting loom, and hope you get coded immob box and key. Or source an immob system from another car and tell it to read new ecu code.
All that whilst you hope you actually got a decent engine with no gummed up rings, scored crank journals, worn out big end shells, and loose exhaust valve guides etc etc.

Or just buy the actual components you need to build a clone and know the engine is sound.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login