Buy, Sell & Trade
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Group Buy: Bimarco Seats (Formerly question mark)

Posted by MattWatson 
HiTempguy
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

Re: Potential Group Buy: Seats
May 09, 2013 01:20PM
NoCoast
I realized quickly that the seat is the second most important component in a rally car (to suspension). I was in pain for weeks after rallies I codrove in with shitty seats. It's like dampers, you get what you pay for. I have the same pro2000 for years, next will be proadv. May bring in a few ergos to have on display someday...

Grant, I've been reading reviews on them Bimarco's. Almost all positives from what I have heard, but I'd like to find negative reviews if possible as they are typically more telling. One team used them in desert racing/rally raid and said that they were a great buy, but needed a bit more padding when in the car for 4+ hours straight. Personally, I find if the seat is OK, the biggest driving factor behind comfort is proper seat angle placement and foot rest angle/distance placement.

Keith, I'm very glad to hear that the seat rules are being changed. I am not advocating the use of helmets for 10+ years, but saying that IIRC for a while it was possible. Mine is thoroughly beat after 6 years and almost 40 rallies (let alone all the other racing) and is going to be replaced asap.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Morison
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

May 09, 2013 02:30PM
Side note.
There was a 900 or a 99 built in Edmonton (Vincent Tong?) and run once or twice. Might be worth the effort to try and find that car before going too far down the road with your own build...

Just a thought.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 09, 2013 03:01PM
Morison
Side note.
There was a 900 or a 99 built in Edmonton (Vincent Tong?) and run once or twice. Might be worth the effort to try and find that car before going too far down the road with your own build...

Just a thought.

I have talked with friends about him before (I have 2 other saabs, so everyone tends to be quite tight knit since there arn't a lot of us here) and I don't believe he has the car anymore... but i will check on that again just in case. Though I immagine the cage and such would have to be completely redone after all the years.
Eric Ewert
Eric Ewert
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 240

May 18, 2013 02:57AM
Hey Matt I would be potentially interested in this. When do you need to officially know by or am I already too late?
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 18, 2013 07:52PM
I will have details coming early next week, and then they likely will go up for commitment after that. The group buy will likely be left open for a week or two.
Eric Ewert
Eric Ewert
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 240

May 19, 2013 12:41AM
Cool. Hopefully a couple people will let me sit in there cars at Cochrane so I can get an idea on sizing to see if one of these will work for me. Also if you do make the shipping location in calgary would I be able to pick it up directly from you?
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 19, 2013 12:19PM
The seats will either drop ship direct or the Canadian ones will ship to me. I haven't heard which yet. I'll let everyone know which. If they are shipping to me, everyone close could absolutely pick up to save as much as possible. I should have all the details early this week.
Morison
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

May 19, 2013 01:12PM
MattWatson
I have talked with friends about him before (I have 2 other saabs, so everyone tends to be quite tight knit since there arn't a lot of us here) and I don't believe he has the car anymore... but i will check on that again just in case. Though I immagine the cage and such would have to be completely redone after all the years.

Cage should be OK. looks like it would have been a 2004 logbook. The car should be around somewhere - I don't think I've seen it pop up anywhere else.

You'd want to do a full tear-down and put back together, fixing this and that along the way, but I'm stating the obvious again. Check with the ERC guys, they might be able to help. (Dave Sharp is the steward for Cochrane... corner him if you can)

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 20, 2013 09:45PM
Morison
Cage should be OK. looks like it would have been a 2004 logbook. The car should be around somewhere - I don't think I've seen it pop up anywhere else.

You'd want to do a full tear-down and put back together, fixing this and that along the way, but I'm stating the obvious again. Check with the ERC guys, they might be able to help. (Dave Sharp is the steward for Cochrane... corner him if you can)

Thanks for the lead. I am trying to get a hold of Vincent to see who he sold the 99 to... maybe that will yield something. Even if it is just the shell I have several 16v and B motors that I could drop into it. He was running carbs and had reliability problems... which is odd for a saab (well, other than transmissions). I'm going to try to run it down this week since next week I am going to finish stripping the '86 and start welding it up.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

Re: Group Buy: Bimarco Seats (Formerly question mark)
May 21, 2013 07:17PM
So... some pricing.

At 5 seats, we get a 15% discount on seats
At 10 seats, we get a 20% discount on seats

It looks like the mounts are 20% off

So:
Grip:
Retail: $450,
15%: $383
20%: $360

Futura:
Retail: $320,
15%: $272
20%: $256

Dakar:
Retail: $300,
15%: $255
20%: $240

Aluminum Mounts:
Retail: $80,
20%: $64

Steel Mounts:
Retail: $60,
20%: $48

They said a logo would not be discounted, but is difficult to deal with in this type of deal. If you want me to push it, I can, but I would need to know.

-----------------------------------
Shipping
Shipping is a flat $100 per set anywhere in North America. This is drop shipped directly to you.

I am attempting to work a deal for those close to Calgary that want to pick up their seats from me to see what a carton would cost to ship to see if there was any discount available doing that. Please assume the 100$, and we will proceed from there.
To all those around calgary: we would just drop ship. I got a quote for a pallet, and it was $800 for up to 12 seats, which, unless we got to 12 seats around calgary (doubtful) it wouldn't be worth while. It would also take at least an additional month on top of the 2-4 week shipping time.

Note to Cdns:
I am working to ensure that we get as fresh dates as possible so that if the seat rule stays as is, we are able to use them for as long as possible. I DO NOT have commitment on this yet, but hope to have this finalized ASAP. What is the least everyone is willing to tolerate?
Bimarco
Seats will be as fresh as possible that means if we ship them in May they will have a manufacture date 05/2013 if we ship them in June they will have manufacture date 06/2013 and so on."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 02:46PM by MattWatson.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

May 22, 2013 05:37AM
I would be interested in 2 futura.

Enablers, All of you.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 22, 2013 07:45AM
Since I was an idiot, I didn't give any information on how to actually participate. Hopefully sometime today or tomorrow (we are waiting on confirmation of fresh dates for our canadian folks) there will be a page put up on the Mass Drop site, where you can choose what you want, and then pay them directly. They will arrange everything else from there.

Thanks,

Matt
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 22, 2013 10:32AM
For those who care, they got back to us on the seat manufacture date:

Bimarco
Seats will be as fresh as possible that means if we ship them in May they will have a manufacture date 05/2013 if we ship them in June they will have manufacture date 06/2013 and so on."

That is the last piece in place to get everything together. I will post a link in the next couple days or so.
Aaron Luptak
Aaron Luptak
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

May 22, 2013 10:44AM
just to double check, once the group buy officially starts, it'll be open for a week or two?

/says to self, "don't spend money you don't have. don't spend money you don't have. don't spend money you don't have."

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 22, 2013 10:46AM
Aaron Luptak
just to double check, once the group buy officially starts, it'll be open for a week or two?

/says to self, "don't spend money you don't have. don't spend money you don't have. don't spend money you don't have."

Yep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login