Buy, Sell & Trade
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Group Buy: Bimarco Seats (Formerly question mark)

Posted by MattWatson 
MarkHille
Mark Hille
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
I have two crap boxes

Re: Group Buy: Bimarco Seats (Formerly question mark)
May 22, 2013 12:26PM
I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I recently purchased 2 Bimarco Grip seats with steel mounts and had them delivered to my front door for under $1,050.00 (technically I had to pick them up at the post office because they didn’t want to deliver them). That’s only $34 more total for 2 of your +10 seats deal buy. I don’t want to discourage the group buy I just figured I’d let the people thinking they need to spend money they don’t have in order to get a good deal to not go into debt over this deal. All you have to do is go to the “or best offer” button on ebay and get in contact with one of the guys.

As far as a review, I haven’t sat in or owned many race seats but I’m perfectly happy with the seats and so is my co driver. They fit my extremely long torso and everyone that has commented on them have said things like “those are just as nice as my Recaro, etc, etc….” The only negative things I can say is that it took over a month to get here so plan accordingly. They also shipped them in little boxes with not that much padding and by the time they got here there wasn’t much left of the boxes. Damaged seats with a 30 day shipping time coming from Poland or wherever they come from would be a pain in the narnies if you know what I’m talking about….

...but $525 for an FIA certified winged seat with mounts delivered? I'm not going to complain.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 22, 2013 02:31PM
MarkHille
I don’t want to burst any bubbles but I recently purchased 2 Bimarco Grip seats with steel mounts and had them delivered to my front door for under $1,050.00 (technically I had to pick them up at the post office because they didn’t want to deliver them). That’s only $34 more total for 2 of your +10 seats deal buy. I don’t want to discourage the group buy I just figured I’d let the people thinking they need to spend money they don’t have in order to get a good deal to not go into debt over this deal. All you have to do is go to the “or best offer” button on ebay and get in contact with one of the guys.

As far as a review, I haven’t sat in or owned many race seats but I’m perfectly happy with the seats and so is my co driver. They fit my extremely long torso and everyone that has commented on them have said things like “those are just as nice as my Recaro, etc, etc….” The only negative things I can say is that it took over a month to get here so plan accordingly. They also shipped them in little boxes with not that much padding and by the time they got here there wasn’t much left of the boxes. Damaged seats with a 30 day shipping time coming from Poland or wherever they come from would be a pain in the narnies if you know what I’m talking about….

...but $525 for an FIA certified winged seat with mounts delivered? I'm not going to complain.

Thanks for the review, its nice to know my wild ass asumptions on the height thing pan out in the real world winking smiley.

I had heard the same thing about the pricing, but when I contacted them about a couple, they wern't so eager to deal anymore. I don't know if it is because they are starting to gain traction in North America now or what.

This rankled with me, so I am trying to run down the difference.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 05:32PM by MattWatson.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 22, 2013 02:43PM
To all those around calgary: we would just drop ship. I got a quote for a pallet, and it was $800 for up to 12 seats, which, unless we got to 12 seats around calgary (doubtful) it wouldn't be worth while. It would also take at least an additional month on top of the 2-4 week shipping time.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 23, 2013 11:01AM
So we are good to go. We were able to figure out the pricing issue, and now if you order 2 seats, shipping is 50$ on the second instead of $100. (They didn't mention to us before)

(If you buy 3, it is 100,50,100| if you buy 4 it is 100,50,100,50) You are limited to 2 per transaction on the store since they wern't able to handle it in their software, but just checkout twice (like me smiling smiley

Quoted shipping time is somewhere around 20 days, but I assume with post being what it is, it may be longer or shorter... results may vary.

Please proceed here to commit for the group buy:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/bimarco-racing-seats

The group buy will be up for 8 days

I'll ping everyone via PM that said they wanted one, since I have been a bit crazy posting in here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 11:02AM by MattWatson.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 23, 2013 01:37PM
If for any reason someone wants to order 1 of 1 type of seat, and 1 of another, just do two orders for them, contact them via the discussion on the massdrop site, and they will credit the difference for the shipping discount on the 2nd seat.

Let me know if you have issues.:

They can submit each order separately and we can manually discount the shipping for them once the order is in the system.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

May 25, 2013 11:44PM
So, Any indication that this is going to be getting to the max price drop?

Enablers, All of you.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 26, 2013 01:04PM
BobOfTheFuture
So, Any indication that this is going to be getting to the max price drop?

It should. I had about 16 seats worth of people committed before we launched, so if even 2/3's follow though, it will.

I have at least 2 more guarenteed off of Saabrally, and once he does, everyone from that side that said they wanted in will have bought.

I assume you have bought already? We have 2 seats out of the current 7 that I don't know who purchased them, everyone else let me know.

Early this week I am going to start sending reminder PMs to those that said they wanted them. I just assume prep for Cochrane is top priority.

Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 01:13PM by MattWatson.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

May 27, 2013 12:34AM
Yep, That was me.

Enablers, All of you.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 27, 2013 10:36AM
Awesome.

Everyone else that said they were interested, check your PMs and or let me know if you still are. I have 2 more coming from people at Saabrally, which will put it at 9.

Don't make me go into salesman mode winking smiley.

Matt
na6r
Pat
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
CRX cone dodger

May 29, 2013 07:18PM
interested in getting in on this if I can get a Cobra2 seat.

Scared of trees
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 29, 2013 07:37PM
na6r

What's with the name and location?

Are you not reading what the rule is or trying to hide something?

Go be a good boy, real full name, real location..
And I think he's only doing the brand Bimarco aus Polen

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 29, 2013 07:45PM
na6r

The Cobra2 (I was like WTF, but apparently Bimarco has a Cobra2) isn't an FIA seat, so you CAN NOT use it in competition. It looks to be almost the same size as the Futura.

If you are serious in seeing if they will include it and want to buy it if they do, register on the site, and post a comment on the group buy. We are already checking to see if they will add the Expert.
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

May 29, 2013 08:22PM
Less than 48hrs left. Two more coming from saabrally once they respond if they are able to add the Expert to the buy or not, which leaves us 1 short of the 20% discount.

Eric Ewert

HiTempguy

coryg57

All three of you said you wanted to buy, but havn't responded yet. Are you guys still interested?

Thanks,

Matt
na6r
Pat
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
CRX cone dodger

May 30, 2013 04:08AM
john vanlandingham
na6r

What's with the name and location?

Are you not reading what the rule is or trying to hide something?

Go be a good boy, real full name, real location..
And I think he's only doing the brand Bimarco aus Polen

It is a real location. Ya jus gotta speak proper (redneck) to read it :lol:
breathe John, breathe.
BTW I'm still looking for Billies to send you. Seems no one wants to give up a set for a reasonable cost right now.

Scared of trees
na6r
Pat
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
CRX cone dodger

May 30, 2013 04:11AM
MattWatson
na6r

The Cobra2 (I was like WTF, but apparently Bimarco has a Cobra2) isn't an FIA seat, so you CAN NOT use it in competition. It looks to be almost the same size as the Futura.

If you are serious in seeing if they will include it and want to buy it if they do, register on the site, and post a comment on the group buy. We are already checking to see if they will add the Expert.

Matt,
I asked about that seat because I don't need a certified seat for grass-o-cross as JVL calls it. I'm a bit on the un-tech savy to figure out what your doing in that vote / group buy. Thanks anyway. I'll snag one off of ebay.

sorry to interupt, cary on
Pat

Scared of trees

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2013 04:30AM by na6r.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login