BRS: Who's going to watch?

Posted by BobOfTheFuture 
si
John Farnsworth
Mega Moderator

si
Re: BRS: Who's going to watch?
September 23, 2014 11:02AM
Well, if it were easy to finish, it'd take away the glory of doing it, right?

We were really hoping they were going to end it on that last service, because stage 16 was just disgusting by the time we got there. Definitely don't want to be like 28th on the road in rain like that. The entire stage should have had "Rox" on it.

On the bright side(?), we hung out with some local spectators and media while sitting there (and the MR2 crew after making the driver nearly soil himself jumping out of his car as we came right at him). They told us of many stories of people being stuck in that very ditch outside of rally. Apparently a pretty famous local hole for cars to get very very stuck in (including big 4 wheelers)
Please Login or Register to post a reply
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

September 23, 2014 12:55PM
mothra
#000, Volunteer Coordinator, etc. (the list got longer each leg of the rally smiling smiley)

We would love to have you as a volunteer if you aren't going to be racing. It was great to see a couple of XR's in their natural habitat.

But I did volunteer, I was at the first spectator area on Jerden on day one, Helping wrangle all the spectators there- in other words, this guy:

Who showed up mostly to show off his new fancy side by side.

And day two I was sequestered up at the far end of Goose pond, doing various jobs for the start and finish tasks up there.

Edit: I just realized when I made this thread before the event, I said I was just spectating. Yeah, once I was sure I could put in the time I signed up to work.

Enablers, All of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 12:57PM by BobOfTheFuture.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

September 23, 2014 01:17PM
Dan McGinn
That pre-swamp corner was sketch, we pulled back a bit on that last stage as well, I was bummed to see the first car in the swamp on the way in, then Mike's Mighty max off near the end of the stage and the XR in the swamp on transit out. Final stage took out 3 cars. sad smiley
Jard, glad you got that caliper taken care of, I think my crew chief, Tim, went over to help you guys out when you lost total steering coming into the overlook.

-Dan

The stage captain, who I was working with, tried to have the last Goose Pond in/out cancelled after the bikes left after their final in/out at GP.

Our cars were sinking in the mud while parked, the 'out' start was a absolute pit (the hole you guys blasted through at the 'in' flying finish) and when the bike guys are starting to wonder if they will make it out, you start to wonder yourself.

In fact, the last moto guy asked us to be sure to ask the combo car to really take it easy, in case one of 'em was in a pit somewhere.

So its a bummer that so many cars went off on that last stage, but what would we have to talk about now without it?

Naturally, the timing was poor as well. By the time I drove out it had dried up a bit.

I guess that swamp was what I drove by when I saw about 6 people standing together holding OK signs. REALLY wish I caught a photo of that!

Enablers, All of you.
EricW
Eric Wages
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 WRX

September 23, 2014 05:46PM
Would love to see pics of the #9.

Was a hell of a good race. Had to back way off after Goose Pond in winking smiley
robmcfadyen
Rob McFadyen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf

September 23, 2014 08:01PM
Big thanks to all the guys that came out to volunteer and an even bigger thanks to everyone that offered us a sandwich and snacks in service! I have to agree that the torn up roads made life pretty difficult for those of us at the back, but we still had a great time.

If you've got any photos of the old yellow Golf, car 80, I'd love to see them!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 23, 2014 09:01PM
robmcfadyen
Big thanks to all the guys that came out to volunteer and an even bigger thanks to everyone that offered us a sandwich and snacks in service! I have to agree that the torn up roads made life pretty difficult for those of us at the back, but we still had a great time.

If you've got any photos of the old yellow Golf, car 80, I'd love to see them!

Hi Rob and welcome aboard...

Uh a little note; see the side bar thang to the left?
Notice that people may have their cutsie names and stuff but virtually everyboy puts their real name either just below--first and last names, and then real location---alternately the real name thing can go in a "signature" that ends each post... Rob MCFayden , Lower east Bumfawk, Egypt..

This way we can and have put people in touch with others in their rough local areas...

It's good..
OK?

Yeah Bob, more piccies! All kinds of random piccies are good, too.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
robmcfadyen
Rob McFadyen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf

September 23, 2014 09:19PM
Sorry John. Been a while since I last posted and didn't realize my real name and location weren't posted. Fixed.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 23, 2014 10:14PM
Whats up guys! Anyone have any pics of vids of the fluorescent yellow BRAKIM Racing BMW e36? First place 2WD national waaahooo!! Great weekend had fun hanging with everyone!!

I have footage of all cars! more coming soon, for now I have a quick edit that has a few clips of all of you guys posting here, turner, wages, Lantzy etc I believe, I'll tag you guys in the rest when I post it, ttys

NEW BRS HIGHLIGHT VIDEO:

Clayto
Clayton McCrary
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
XRatty purchased. Now build it!!

September 23, 2014 11:48PM
Good job Brakim!!
mothra
Matt Smith
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

September 24, 2014 07:58AM
BobOfTheFuture
mothra
#000, Volunteer Coordinator, etc. (the list got longer each leg of the rally smiling smiley)

We would love to have you as a volunteer if you aren't going to be racing. It was great to see a couple of XR's in their natural habitat.

But I did volunteer, I was at the first spectator area on Jerden on day one, Helping wrangle all the spectators there- in other words, this guy:

Who showed up mostly to show off his new fancy side by side.

And day two I was sequestered up at the far end of Goose pond, doing various jobs for the start and finish tasks up there.

Edit: I just realized when I made this thread before the event, I said I was just spectating. Yeah, once I was sure I could put in the time I signed up to work.

Thanks for volunteering wrangling spectators is an understatement. I have never seen as many before at a rally. You and the others did a great job keeping them in control on Jerden.

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
Dan McGinn
Infallible Moderator

September 24, 2014 08:04AM
Here's our impact site, R5 at the end of stage two, overcooked it into the berm on the left, dug that rock out and punted it 20' up the road or so... co driver is around corner out of frame with 4th triangle and OK sign.

Brad M
Brad Morris
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2WD Mitsubishi Lancer

September 24, 2014 04:26PM
If you have any pictures of the red Mitsubishi Lancer #40 I would appreciate it.

We had a great time this weekend. First gravel rally in three and a half years. I forgot how much fun it is!

I was really happy to just make it to the event. Motor was sitting on the floor Tuesday with no transmission. Larry got the trans Tuesday at noon and had it finished by 6:00. Car ran perfect all weekend.

We had a great time racing with Matt, Kevin,Jim, Gary and everyone else.

Congrats to Matt and Jason!

Thanks
Brad
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 24, 2014 04:31PM
Great time Brad! I think we have some shots of you, I'll check ASAP trying to rebuild car for Prescott right now, we leave in 6 days, I think we have great shots of every car smiling smiley We'll be sharing them on Facebook and nasarallysport!! see you on stage soon!
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 24, 2014 09:30PM
Congrats on the nice finish Matt. Great lines thru the corners, nicely done. Suspension looks awesome as does the rooster tails.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 24, 2014 10:51PM
Thanks man we had a great time! The Reigers are absolutely amazing!! Can't wait to feel 8" of travel on a lambo winking smiley our new LSD was amazing as well, I'm a big fan of diffsonline race bits!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login