Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Historic Class - why isn't it offered and why do organizers think it's an add-on to an existing class?

Posted by modernbeat 
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

NoCoast
Wha? What shocks do you have on the thing?

Bilstein Class 11 Baja bug shocks. Works great. Only blew out one since I've had them, but that was because of my bumpstop disappearing. The price might be higher nowadays, since that's what i remember paying in 2007 when Mark and I built the car.

I think my new torsion bars were $200. Not to shabby for a rally suspension.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
BillyElliot
Billy Elliot Mann
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1996 Honda Civic with VTEC YO!

So you guys know, Magnum Opus is having a Historic class with a minimum of 4 entries. 25 year (1988 and older) models are eligible. So that means a lot of MK2 golfs can sneak in there! I know Bushore got the Historic plate on his Jetta!
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

BillyElliot
So you guys know, Magnum Opus is having a Historic class with a minimum of 4 entries. 25 year (1988 and older) models are eligible. So that means a lot of MK2 golfs can sneak in there! I know Bushore got the Historic plate on his Jetta!

They changed the laws on Historic plates here in Colorado the year before my Merkur would have been eligible. It's now fixed at 1984 and older or some asinine year. I was stoked at 3 year plates and emissions instead of plates yearly and emissions bi-yearly.

Grant Hughes
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

NoCoast
They changed the laws on Historic plates here in Colorado the year before my Merkur would have been eligible. It's now fixed at 1984 and older or some asinine year. I was stoked at 3 year plates and emissions instead of plates yearly and emissions bi-yearly.

Move to Missouri. I have plates for life, no inspections or emissions. Only snag is that I have to document in a log the number of miles driven.
bknblk2
Tony Wood
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Citation "Oskar"

johnhuebbe
NoCoast

Move to Missouri. I have plates for life, no inspections or emissions. Only snag is that I have to document in a log the number of miles driven.

Or Kansas... no inspections or emissions for ANYONE. No, wait, Kansas still sucks.
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

bknblk2
No, wait, Kansas still sucks.

yup. only thing good to come out of kansas is highway 70 on the way to Colorado
daveford58
Dave Ford
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
MK 1 Mini morris cooper,

I know this is a old post but here is my MK1 Mini

FIA Legal for British/European Historic rallying right down to there spec trip meter.
figured you guys might want to check it out, Still under construction.
Attachments:
open | download - 009 (3).JPG (46.3 KB)
009 (3).JPG
open | download - 005 (5).JPG (45.4 KB)
005 (5).JPG
open | download - 007 (2).JPG (49.9 KB)
007 (2).JPG
open | download - 003 (4).JPG (61.8 KB)
003 (4).JPG
daveford58
Dave Ford
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
MK 1 Mini morris cooper,

P.S This car is not legal for Rally America.... LOL
But i can rally it any where else in the world.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

BillyElliot
....... But I still don't really see anyone on the regional level doing that yet.......

Also need to stop pretending there is a 'Regional' and 'National' group of drivers or cars or classes

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Josh Wimpey
BillyElliot
....... But I still don't really see anyone on the regional level doing that yet.......

Also need to stop pretending there is a 'Regional' and 'National' group of drivers or cars or classes

And along with that convince the idiots that come up with a series of different rules for car prep for the non-existent difference tween supposed National and supposed Regional..
Lock 'em in the basement with the guys in Pulp Fiction till they understand:

same prep, same classes, same rules...the class/event you enters the difference is a box you check off. Nothing else.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1963 SAAB Historic, 1995 Impreza Open Light totaled at WRC Mexico, 2005 STi Pikes Peak winner

john vanlandingham
...same prep, same classes, same rules...the class/event you enters the difference is a box you check off. Nothing else.

Is there a difference between Rally America Nationals and Regionals car prep rules? Some -classes- are eligible for Nationals, while other -classes- are not. But I'm not aware of any Nationals-only car prep rules except for the forced use of the provided VP fuel and stricter enforcement of the rules that everyone should be playing under.

Jason McDaniel
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

modernbeat
john vanlandingham
...same prep, same classes, same rules...the class/event you enters the difference is a box you check off. Nothing else.

Is there a difference between Rally America Nationals and Regionals car prep rules? Some -classes- are eligible for Nationals, while other -classes- are not. But I'm not aware of any Nationals-only car prep rules except for the forced use of the provided VP fuel and stricter enforcement of the rules that everyone should be playing under.

Who knows..I try and avoid unpleasant things and Wawwy Amewica counts in my book as unpleasant..

But whatever, there HAS been repeatedly pushes---almost always from idiots who are supposed to write press releases who seem to think their ambit goes to deciding "what the sport needs"---one only has to look at the past here or the chaotic and pointless jerkin off in our northerly neighbors in the last juggle, re-juggle, deny--stonewall over classes.....That stupidity can spread.....especially since there seems to be such an interest in aligning rules so it's easier for the rich guy to go back and forth and play in both places.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1963 SAAB Historic, 1995 Impreza Open Light totaled at WRC Mexico, 2005 STi Pikes Peak winner

john vanlandingham
...Who knows..I try and avoid unpleasant things and Wawwy Amewica counts in my book as unpleasant...

That's OK. I view those northern neighbors rally bodies as unpleasant and don't even look at their rulebooks when we plan our compeition year or car constructon. If for no other reason than the travel to their events is a PITA.

Jason McDaniel
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

modernbeat
john vanlandingham
...Who knows..I try and avoid unpleasant things and Wawwy Amewica counts in my book as unpleasant...

That's OK. I view those northern neighbors rally bodies as unpleasant and don't even look at their rulebooks when we plan our compeition year or car constructon. If for no other reason than the travel to their events is a PITA.

From Texas isn't travel anywhere a pain? smiling smiley

Grant Hughes
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

NoCoast
From Texas isn't travel anywhere a pain? smiling smiley

For a rally it is.

And an addendum to catch up on the original post. Rally America must have read my emails and they FIXED the issue. How? By issuing a bulletin late in 2013. As of 2014 Historic class is no longer a standalone class. It's now just an adjective to one of the other classes.

In their own words:

Rally America
Finally, we are clarifying that Historic is not a category or a class, but just a subgroup of
cars that must, otherwise, be eligible for one of the various classes.

Jason McDaniel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login