john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: WRC Deaths
October 05, 2013 01:23PM
Iowa999
Oh, my. I just tried googling my name plus "Ned Flanders" and found this: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=801865

Are you seriously taking what some student at Penn State said about me as a reason to believe that I said it, myself? That's rather naive, don't you think? I mean, I could post somewhere that you are a pedophile that often uses male reproductive juice to lubricate the coilovers you sell; would someone else then be justified in repeating this here?

Seems to fit. You came here blabbering a bunch of incoherant nonsense, and immediately begin insulting me when I asked what the fuck you were ranting about and what you were trying to accomplish, which as it traspired you had already bought some stuff and you were seeking validation.

And subsequently you've been a classic troll...

Your student didn't have a brick fall on his head and just made up stuff, he seems to be fond...it would be idiotic to waste time speculating why some person you've worked with would call you that..

Many of the comments seem to be pretty spot on from what we've seen here.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Mod Moderator

October 05, 2013 01:31PM
From the class that the student rated, I know to what the post refers (and even have a good idea who posted it). I showed up at a rallycross in central PA with my ESP 2G DSM on some snows and won the event by over a minute. Not that big a deal, given the quality of the other drivers, but it did get some notice amongst the PSU car-nut crowd, some of whom were at said event. And does it really surprise anyone here that 20-somethings can't tell the difference between a rallycross and rally?

The deeper issue, however, is how you googled me and then took what you found as truth and started reposting it over here, making some rather large inferences along the way. That's either very naive or a sign that you aren't quite rational when it comes to interacting with me. Or, in fewer words: it makes you an asshole.

If you want to know something about me, feel free to ask. I'll probably tell you to fuck off, but you ought to try once. If you want me to go away, tell me why people ignore the effect of swaybars when choosing initial damping. That was the question I came here to get answered.

edit: oops ... just in case it's needed: tl;dr = fuck off

john vanlandingham
... as it traspired you had already bought some stuff and you were seeking validation.

edit: In case my wife sees this smiling smiley , the above is another lie. I have bought nothing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 02:15PM by Iowa999.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 05, 2013 03:28PM
Iowa999
From the class that the student rated, I know to what the post refers (and even have a good idea who posted it). I showed up at a rallycross in central PA with my ESP 2G DSM on some snows and won the event by over a minute. Not that big a deal, given the quality of the other drivers, but it did get some notice amongst the PSU car-nut crowd, some of whom were at said event. And does it really surprise anyone here that 20-somethings can't tell the difference between a rallycross and rally?

The deeper issue, however, is how you googled me and then took what you found as truth and started reposting it over here, making some rather large inferences along the way. That's either very naive or a sign that you aren't quite rational when it comes to interacting with me. Or, in fewer words: it makes you an asshole.

If you want to know something about me, feel free to ask. I'll probably tell you to fuck off, but you ought to try once. If you want me to go away, tell me why people ignore the effect of swaybars when choosing initial damping. That was the question I came here to get answered.

edit: oops ... just in case it's needed: tl;dr = fuck off

john vanlandingham
... as it traspired you had already bought some stuff and you were seeking validation.

edit: In case my wife sees this smiling smiley , the above is another lie. I have bought nothing.

Hey shithead, you came to this forum we happily ran for years and immediately began with "You have a reputation for being hard to deal with"
so fuck you if that's how you're going to begin things.

You are not interesting enough to waste too much time wondering if you're just a loudmouth twerp with a fancy car who wants to pretend he needs advice..and brags to his students..
Big Man---did you tell them its playing in a field for 40-50 seconds?

Interesting psychological case though..

Mitty much?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Mod Moderator

October 05, 2013 03:39PM
Still lying. Ergo: Fuck off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2013 07:39PM by Iowa999.
mulik52
Klim Verba
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90Q 20V n/a

October 06, 2013 12:16AM
deaner
I love lamp.

Still like that lamp?
Creech
Scott Creech
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

October 06, 2013 06:31PM
mulik52
deaner
I love lamp.

Still like that lamp?

Mine purty, all twisty and gashplortchy, like Lava...

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
heymagic
Banned
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 06, 2013 08:46PM
Creech
Scott Creech
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

October 06, 2013 11:06PM
Well, according to the article, the DRIVER was "tight", anyway.

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
heymagic
Banned
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 07, 2013 12:06PM
Not really, they smelled achohol, nothing said beyond that I heard. The whole thing there was slightly stupid, but so is some of our spectator stuff (from a strict safety standpoint). He may have been tipsy and forgot to tighten the helmet or belts, no different than a car taking off with the co-driver still strapping in tho. Big point is when it all goes wrong, whether a TR7 having fun or a monster truck jumping old TR7s, it can have catastrophic results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login