John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Shiza's Integra
June 26, 2012 09:50PM
slidewayswrx
Damn good to see you in the left seat!

Let me throw out a question for you. What are your thoughts on a co-driver for your first event? That sounds like I'm asking for a ride, but I'm not. I ask because you, like myself, have spent a good bit in the right seat and are now making our long awaited transition. I always looked at co-driving as practice towards being a better driver but I now have some friends trying to talk me into a rookie co-driver for my first few events to keep me dialed back a bit, drive what I see. Given this any thought yourself?

Bet your still grinning. Color me jealous.

I'll co-drive with you.
You will learn a lot.
You will learn what "Gassa för fan, GASSA!''1 means ''Bromsa nu din djävul bromsa, nu dör vi altihop! 2 mean since you're in a Swedish car..

Other possible gems: Sover du?3
Ska jag ratta bilen eftersom du vägra?4
vet du att det är ingen transit vi åker på?5
hade du polio som småbarn?6

if anything goes wrong with any of the Bosch electrics, dizzy, fuel pumps etc you will learn some appropriate and juicy saksalainen,7 becuase if you don't swear at Nemeski 8parts in the language of their birth, how do you expect them to understand you?

Naturally in honor of the amazing achievements that brave little Finland, 4 or now 5 million people who have done so much for rally, you will learn copious amounts of swearing in Finnish, the only thing any furriner can be expected to do without a lifetime of drinking to 4-5 pro mille BAC.

See how much you've learned already?

Footnotes:
1...Gas it for fucks sake GAS IT!!!
2...BRAKE NOW YOU BASTARD BRAKE! We're all gonna DIE!
3...you asleep?
4...shall I drive since you refuse to?
5...you know this is not a transit?
6....did you have polio as a small child?
7....German (language), in Finnish from saksa.....from Sachsen or maybe Saxon....Northernmost German province where a lotta rough tough dudes came from
8....nemenski German in Russian from the name of the river Nemen, historical ethnic and linguistic boundry beyond which its those same damn rough tough Germans
Bonus 9.......tysk..Swedish for German...from Teutonic

duddn't zat make you wonder where the name Germans came from when they call themselves Deutsch

And the Romans who were stopped cold by them called them Allemani?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
shiza
Dan Norkus
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 26, 2012 10:01PM
Pat I was thinking my first few should be with an experienced codriver. Mostly because I will want to focus on driving not on training a codriver and worrying about more than I need to. After an event or 2 I might be willing to try a rookie.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 26, 2012 10:06PM
Gravity Fed
well Dan. I have a welder, beer and I live like 10 miles away. Perhaps a seat modding, pedal chopping evening is in store for us?

Let me get some new brake lines made first then lets start with the seat brackets. If that doesn't make it any better we can try the pedal.
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

June 26, 2012 11:02PM
Put a pillow behind your but, and go drive it around the block and see if the effort is because you can't reach before you put forth the effort of moving the seat.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 27, 2012 12:08AM
Gravity Fed
well Dan. I have a welder, beer and I live like 10 miles away. Perhaps a seat modding, pedal chopping evening is in store for us?

I didn't get a beer. I feel a bit left out.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

June 27, 2012 12:12AM
yea sorry, i had to leave and that open wheeled car dumping oil at the hillclimb didnt help things...

BUT i have more!

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
shiza
Dan Norkus
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 27, 2012 12:34AM
aj_johnson
Gravity Fed

I didn't get a beer. I feel a bit left out.

You had at least one of mine. Black Butte Porter not good enough?

Sean i'll give that a shot as soon as I can replace my brake lines. They are far too long and the left rear got pinched in the suspension loading it on the trailer.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 27, 2012 08:19AM
shiza
You had at least one of mine. Black Butte Porter not good enough?

Naw that Butt Porter hit the spot. Alex owes me one for the oil pan. Pull the wheel off yet?
shiza
Dan Norkus
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 27, 2012 05:54PM
Yeah I pulled the wheel off and hand a friend pull the hand brake a few times. It's leaking right where the control arm and strut mount. Like you said it looks like it got pinched. There is a couple inches too much brake line so when I get the new ones made I'll have them made shorter. I'm having the fronts redone also seeing as they are probably 6-10 inches too long even at full droop. I'll get a better measurement Friday and head up to Boise to have those taken care of.

Next I want to find a short muffler that I can add to the back. I don't want it too quiet but it's beyond loud at this point. I want people to know I'm coming not make their ears bleed. I want to redo the center section in 2.5" piping vs the 3''. So I don't have to replace the cat I want to use the cat as an exhaust tip so I would really like to find a 2.5 inch inlet muffler with a 3" out.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 27, 2012 07:00PM
shiza
Yeah I pulled the wheel off and hand a friend pull the hand brake a few times. It's leaking right where the control arm and strut mount. Like you said it looks like it got pinched. There is a couple inches too much brake line so when I get the new ones made I'll have them made shorter. I'm having the fronts redone also seeing as they are probably 6-10 inches too long even at full droop. I'll get a better measurement Friday and head up to Boise to have those taken care of.

Next I want to find a short muffler that I can add to the back. I don't want it too quiet but it's beyond loud at this point. I want people to know I'm coming not make their ears bleed. I want to redo the center section in 2.5" piping vs the 3''. So I don't have to replace the cat I want to use the cat as an exhaust tip so I would really like to find a 2.5 inch inlet muffler with a 3" out.

make you own so you can test them and tune/trim them before your locked in.
Super easy. Even I can do it.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 27, 2012 10:14PM
Just whatever you do, dont spend more than $30 on a muffler. I do have the old 2.5 in and 2.5 out that is in the 80 quattro right now. You can have it for free. A 6 pack at the exhaust shop here in nampa should be able to swage that out to slide inside a 3" pipe from there out.

I don't understand the 3" out though. To do that right you need a much smother transition than the half inch abrupt transition you get from swageing (is that even a word?) Other wise you create a huge cesspoolish area where exhaust velocity slows swirls and can cause restrictions.

I'm no fluid dynamics major but look at your bike, and every performance full exhaust system for bikes or cars. One diameter from collector to tip. You'd be better off with a 2.5" system from collector to finish with some sort of glass pack style muffler in the middle. To change the tone play with the tip or with location of the glass pack.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 27, 2012 11:32PM
john vanlandingham

I guess I could just trim the old ones and test fit then bring it to the shop that will make the new ones? Sounds like it could work and would definitely be better than just guessing.

AJ the only reason I want the 3 inch out or to have a 2.5" out adapted to the 3" cat is to save money on buying a new cat. Is the muffler you have just a stocker or what is it?
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

June 27, 2012 11:45PM
No i grabbed something off the shelf at daves and threw it on I'll look at it tomorrow
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 28, 2012 01:03AM
shiza
john vanlandingham

I guess I could just trim the old ones and test fit then bring it to the shop that will make the new ones? Sounds like it could work and would definitely be better than just guessing.

AJ the only reason I want the 3 inch out or to have a 2.5" out adapted to the 3" cat is to save money on buying a new cat. Is the muffler you have just a stocker or what is it?

That's why I make my own hoses using re-usable ends. You get it right, and you can change the hose for a couple of bucks. If it dies, you save the expensive parts and re-make the hose.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 28, 2012 12:30PM
Yeah. If they are too long, figure out the length you want them to be and mark it.
To cut, wrap with electrical tape.
Or just take it to a hydraulic shop and have them put a new end on for you. No need for a whole new line.
So was it leaking during the hill climb?

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login