Posted by shiza 
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

Re: Shiza's Integra
June 28, 2012 01:18PM
Not during the climb. It pinched as we were loading it on the trailer. The line has about 6-8" of excess but was pinched in the middle. there may not be enough to reuse that one but the rest should be able to be shortened, or used for spares.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 28, 2012 10:00PM
It may have been leaking during the hill climb but I never felt it in the pedal. I noticed when I went to set the hand brake on the trailer and it got soft. I only used the hand brake on my last run Saturday when the brake pedal wasn't working and at the turn arounds in the dirt. So it may have pinched sunday and I just never noticed it.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

June 29, 2012 10:34PM
I picked up the new brake lines today. I had them chop 8" off the fronts! I'll pick up some crush washers tomorrow and install them but I'm going to replace the handbrake master before I bother bleeding the brakes. Any recommendations on what brake fluid to use? Also do I have to do anything special bleeding with the dual masters? The reason I'm replacing the handbrake master is because it's the K Sport M.C. and I've heard horror stories of them locking up or dragging the rear brakes causing them to fry.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

July 21, 2012 12:30AM
Well today I finally got around to installing the new brake lines and new Wilwood hand brake master cylinder. Just simply swapping the masters wasn't an option. The threads are different where it connects to the handle so I had to swap out those bolts. Luckily enough my roommate had a set of snap ring pliers because I sure didn't. I got everything together then Alex "Gravity Fed" came over and we bled the brakes. I noticed some slight fluid leaking from the old K-Sport master cylinder so I think that might have been part of the brakes not biting enough. Now the brakes seem to be grabbing quite a bit more. I was able to scare Alex by slamming on the brakes without notice.

While out taking it for a test run I learned that with the 225/45/15's it will do just under 110. On a closed private road of course. Seemed to get there pretty quick too!

The last thing I learned was this thing has some serious wiring gremlins! It needs to get "Medcrofted" haha. The brake lights come on with the lights but when you hit the brakes they don't come on. The reverse lights are always on when you turn the lights on, the defrost doesn't do anything, no blinkers, no hazards, passenger window won't roll down.......effff. I hate wiring and don't understand it in the slightest.
alkun
Albert Kun
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

July 21, 2012 04:09PM
shiza

The last thing I learned was this thing has some serious wiring gremlins! It needs to get "Medcrofted" haha. The brake lights come on with the lights but when you hit the brakes they don't come on. The reverse lights are always on when you turn the lights on, the defrost doesn't do anything, no blinkers, no hazards, passenger window won't roll down.......effff. I hate wiring and don't understand it in the slightest.

Yeah, before I got my car Medcrofted, you'd turn on the head lights and the wipers would start, then you couldn't get them to stop.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

July 21, 2012 04:27PM
alkun
shiza

Yeah, before I got my car Medcrofted, you'd turn on the head lights and the wipers would start, then you couldn't get them to stop.

Or your brights wouldn't turn off in tech! winking smiley how do you like the painless wiring harness? Kinda thinking I should go that route.
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

July 22, 2012 06:52PM
Dan, whats your timeframe? I boarded up my harness and am duplicating it for Grant's car. With some basic dimensions I could make a chassis harness. The painless was a pretty good kit too. We started at 8am, tore the harness out, and wired in the new one, done by 9 or so.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

July 22, 2012 11:28PM
Well everything I need to work to do the local hill climbs and rallyx's works so I'm not in a huge rush. It would be really nice to have an all new setup seeing as there is SOOOOO much extra wiring in there and a lot of it looks sketchy. I don't actually know when my first rally as a driver will be because I'm kinda booked to codrive the rest of this season with 2 different teams and this thing needs a thorough shakedown. I'm also going to get the exhaust done soon. Then I need to get it tuned better. It's just on a street tune and it seems ok but I think there is still plenty to be gained even with a conservative tune.

Alex came over and we figured out the brake light issue. Someone took the fuse out because the switch was mounted wrong and the brake lights were staying on. We think the blinkers not working is due to the hazard switch being messed up. So I ordered a new one for $10 and we'll see how that goes. I put a civic one in there and it's not quite wired the same so it was doing some crazy stuff grinning smiley. It was promising though because the blinkers were turning on just not doing what you wanted them to do.
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

July 23, 2012 12:21AM
Cool. If you do end up re-wiring the car, spend some time seperaing the engine harness from the chassis, so that it basically just needs Memory battery supply, Ignition B+, and fuel pump control. It will make doing the chassis so much easier. I could help you in the future for sure.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

July 23, 2012 08:34AM
Dan, I'm back in town and laci and the kids are gone all week. Gimme a holler. Once the gremlins get worked out that car should rip! And I'm sure we could find someone to drive it for you if you do feel that bad about running off to co-drive all the time.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

July 27, 2012 06:10PM
Blinkers work as of yesterday! The old hazard button switch was messed up so I replaced it with another one and they worked right away. The reverse lights still come on and stay on with the headlights sad smiley.

The hand brake isn't grabbing quite good enough so I will have to try bleed the rears a little better.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

August 31, 2012 11:48PM
This might be long....

After the last hill climb I did people were complaining about my exhaust being "way too loud" saying stuff like my cat could abort babies and they couldn't hear anything for a week after the event etc etc etc... So I decided the least I could do was install a muffler. Well I wanted to swap from a 3" exhaust to a 2.5 at the same time so I waited until after a local rallyx because I didn't want to mess with the tune. Well during the rallyx I broke the first of many axles i'll break in this car. Then I had to leave for work for a couple weeks(Louisiana). My plan was as soon as I got back I would have the exhaust swapped then today I would get it properly dyno tu.ed(it was street tuned before). Nothing could go wrong right? Well Monday i did the axle and Tuesday I had the exhaust redone. So far all is going good. Then I called the tunet just to make sure I was still good to get the car tuned friday. I made the appointment over a month ago and never heard anything from them other then they changed my time from 9 am to 1 pm. The guy at the shop informed me when I called that my appointment was canceled and he was sorry about any inconveniences it might cause me. I then told him very politely that he f@#$ed me because I was supposed to race the next day after the tune. He said sorry and that's about it. This year is probably the last year of the Bogus Basin Hillclimb and I didn't want to miss it. So I hopped on facebook and posted I needed a tuner. Yesterday at 2 pm I got a call back from a guy in Salt lake saying he could do it. So AJ Johnson and I loaded up my truck and drove to Salt Lake City(about 300 miles) and stayed at Aj's friends place. Today the tune went great it made 183 hp and 133 torques. Once again we loaded the truck up and drove back to Idaho. I'm currently sitting at the top of bogus basin ready for tech in the am and couldn't be happier haha. I'll post the dyno sheet when I get a chance.

I did this on my phone so please forgive all spelling and grammatical errors lol.
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 01, 2012 10:20AM
Dan,
Brent (my son) towed over to Bogus Basin yesterday with the CRX. It is his 2nd hill climb and first time at Basin. Flat black CRX #52.
Have a great weekend, don't break any more axles.
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

September 01, 2012 11:44AM
Oh cool, I'll have to introduce myself.
Aaron Luptak
Aaron Luptak
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

September 01, 2012 01:03PM
shiza
This year is probably the last year of the Bogus Basin Hillclimb

sad smileyconfused smiley

I _seem_ to remember hearing there were issues finding folks to step up and organize/run the event. Is that the problem, or issues getting the road?

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login