Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

best central us locale to get the most rallys in a year?

Posted by Snidewhips 
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

best central us locale to get the most rallys in a year?
November 16, 2013 02:19PM
Fellow rally anarchists, being a career man with penske and wanting to get as much rallying with the least amount of travel in where the fawk in murica is the best centralized location to get alotta good rallys in? I aint out to win championships but would like some gravelier conditions being that most of canada wests sched is in mountains round icy seasons. i'm gonna cut teeth here but wanna get t on outta the slushy mud snow ice. i've lived here forever and a change in scenery is a must in the next 5 years.

any suggestions
grassyass

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

Re: best central us locale to get the most rallys in a year?
November 16, 2013 05:13PM
Chicago.

One day drives for: SnoDrift, Sandblast, 100AW, Nemadji, Magnum Opus, West Virginia, Ojibwe, LSPR, Perryville. And I'm sure I'm missing a couple more...
MRWmotorsports
Martin Walter
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Nissan 240SX

November 16, 2013 05:15PM
Ottawa is a good location, not out of the ice and snow, and not in 'merica, but pretty darn good rallies...

CARS Nationals:
Perce-NeigeN 1.5 hrs
Tall Pines 3hrs
Defi 2 hrs
Baie-d-C 10hrs

Ontario Regionals:
Lanark 1.5 hrs
Black Bear 3 hrs
Shannonville 2 hrs
CGFR 2.5hrs

US Rallies

New England 8hrs
Black River 2 hrs

Then there's Quebec Regional Rallies... a whole bunch between 2 and 8 hrs.

-Martin.
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 16, 2013 07:16PM
its the ontario cost that kills though, money to expenses for an hd mechanic is better in the states.

wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

November 17, 2013 09:53AM
Quebec

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
HiTempguy
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 17, 2013 11:27AM
Snidewhips
its the ontario cost that kills though, money to expenses for an hd mechanic is better in the states.

Only in places with no rallying, and that just means the cost of living is dirt cheap, not that you earn a decent wage. Lots of hd mechanic jobs that pay oodles of cash in Alberta with very low expectations. And they're in a nice heated shop.

Fly in fly out from bc. Race in the pnw. If you get adventurous, you'll be earning enough money (and the logistics that much easier) to go to rally mexico.

I mean, if you're willing to ditch whatever life you have in alberta to move to the middle of nebraska (for instance), seems like a pretty viable option I've presented. Oh yea, and hd mechanic jobs that pay well in the states? Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 17, 2013 01:38PM
nice two cents fuck face, so where was it in america i could enjoy CENTRALIZED GRAVEL RALLYS. nebraska?? and insinuating low expectations of workmanship from a guy whos scared to do his own clutch or pull a gear box after every rally which are months apart. i can pull rebuild and reinstall all your box components in under 15 hours cheese ball.
some of us albertans aren't scared to leave the nest to enjoy life because we can always come back.

how bout south america?? further i get away from idiot albertans like these the better

HiTempguy
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 17, 2013 02:38PM
Snidewhips
nice two cents fuck face, so where was it in america i could enjoy CENTRALIZED GRAVEL RALLYS. nebraska?? and insinuating low expectations of workmanship from a guy whos scared to do his own clutch or pull a gear box after every rally which are months apart. i can pull rebuild and reinstall all your box components in under 15 hours cheese ball.
some of us albertans aren't scared to leave the nest to enjoy life because we can always come back.

how bout south america?? further i get away from idiot albertans like these the better

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out winking smiley

Since I'm in an arguing mood today, I'll humor you for COMPLETELY missing the point.

1) HD mechanic jobs dont pay nearly as well (Typically! Not always! This isn't a blanket statement) in the US. Do I have numbers to support that this very moment? No! But the economy is still pretty shitty down there. A shitty economy doesn't negate well paying jobs, but it certainly limits the ability to get those jobs. Duh :p

2) Bc has pfr and up until recently mountain trials. Yea, big white isnt a gravel rally, but its THE event to go to. Then you have otr, olympus, idaho, mount hood, etc. MORE than enough rallies to fill up anyones schedule, especially someone who hasn't even been on stage yet roflcopterlollercaust. The US doesn't have mandatory 2 weeks vacation like we do up here for permanent positions, fuck face :p , so how you are getting all that magical time off to go rallying would be interesting to see.

3) Even though I dont really care to defend myself against some slackjaw hd mechanic grunt, this is the internet, so why not; I can, and have, pulled many transmissions myself. I don't have all the tools I could dream of because I rally on a budget. I'm also pretty small, and the 6 speed box is pretty big. I also have other things going on in my life besides rally, so I dont really want to spend 2 weekends pulling a tranny if something unforseen happens and I get bogged down. Which it would have, as a mechanic who I trust and has pulled many of these had a hell of a time with it.

Coles notes of my post; lighten up francis. You don't appear to have the budget of ken block, so I ran with the assumption that you face the challenges all of us mere mortals do.

And finally, this insult is in jest, but seriously, asking about using seam sealer/aircraft glue versus stitch welding? You better check yourself before you wreck yourself on the interwebs mr. Rallyx extrordinaire winking smiley

Edit-
And the expectations part? That meant that at the end of the day, you can do a good job, be happy with your work, be low stress, and not have to worry about your boss breathing down your next to eek out every last almighty dollar... which seems to be a common trend for physical type jobs down in the US, but thats from peoples opinions on US message boards. And you'll earn $55/h doing it. Dunno mang, trading that for $25/h, no benefits, and a boss that will trade you in if you hurt yourself or joe blow down the street will do your job for $1/h less and work any shift because he is starving for work? Eh, to each their own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2013 02:44PM by HiTempguy.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 17, 2013 02:55PM
Adam Vokes. Never let a lack of knowledge or experience get in the way of being an obnoxious cliche of the spoiled punk.

Hey punk.
MOST places not in an oil bubble have wages---and prices for everything else---a lot less..

Do you still live with your mommy and daddy?

Is that why you don't understand that simple rule?

Go brag somewhere else...or change the oil in your trans---you only have a month left to do it so better hurry!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
HiTempguy
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 17, 2013 03:08PM
john vanlandingham
Adam Vokes. Never let a lack of knowledge or experience get in the way of being an obnoxious cliche of the spoiled punk.

Hey punk.
MOST places not in an oil bubble have wages---and prices for everything else---a lot less..

John Vanlandingham. Never let a lack of knowledge (wtf have you ever done again?) Or experience (same question again) get in the way of being an obnoxious cliche of the hasbeen old man on the internet who never amounted to anything in life and yet still feels entitled to an opinion.

Well that was fun!

No shit about wages and prices, but guess what John? LOTS OF STUFF IN ALBERTA ISNT EXORBITANTLY PRICED! Gasp! Shock! Awe!

For instance, I just bought some new fia belts. No price difference (negligible between here and the us). Vehicles are more expensive across Canada period you twat, thats not an oil thing. Food prices arent that different to notice across Canada either, definitely cheaper in the US.

The only difference is housing, which is a big deal, but housing in Alberta is not as outrageous as some make it sound. I could live in a nice neighbourhood with a double garage in a brand new house for under $400k. And the average family income here is something like $100+k across the province, more than affordable housing for that demographic.

My point is, his quality of life isnt going to change too much besides getting away from the cold/snow. Thats why I daid fly in/out of bc. Awesome province, flights are $99 each way, your accomodations covered typically while up there etc etc. Wierd, its like I know this because I Have experience in the matter, while you, like usual, run your mouth about shit you know nothing about. *insert middle finger and raspberry noises here*
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 17, 2013 03:37PM
i love winter driving, done enough of it though, gave you a compliment at a rallycross a couple times trying to break the ice and appearently your body gaurds werent there to tell me you didnt have time to banter superstar. go crash or break a car or undo a bolt instead of pressing keys. ill be building while you respond...

HiTempguy
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 17, 2013 04:16PM
Snidewhips
i love winter driving, done enough of it though, gave you a compliment at a rallycross a couple times trying to break the ice and appearently your body gaurds werent there to tell me you didnt have time to banter superstar. go crash or break a car or undo a bolt instead of pressing keys. ill be building while you respond...

You seem put out about something. I'm screwing around on this forum (in between my posts I finished mounting my pod lights) :p

I already told you to lighten up! Jeezus bud. You asked for an opinion on the internet, I gave you one, one that I feel is honest and true and answered your questions perfectly fine. Yes, I had some lulz about going and being a hd mechanic in the US. I'd say the same if some guy wanted to do instrumentation down there, nothing derogatory meant about your work, I just dont think your quality of life would be the same $ per $. Mr. Jvl lives in a place I'd never live, so talking to him about cost of living is a pretty moot point.

And finally, I own your old Swift. Yea... you mock me as a superstar, but I wouldnt have done half the shit done to that car. Hence why I ask questions like what gesr oil to use from rally people with experience (and not people like John who'd know shit from shinola about it). Like I said, chill a bit. John isnt the only one with "experience" and "knowledge" just because he's as old as Keith... :p
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 17, 2013 04:28PM
pretty sure john doesnt have a solo in a rally docu cause he dont know shit, his works pretty tight for the mess he works outta. (sorry john your shops filthy) that being said the swift was built by a gent in halifax i just got it running good enough to realize its hard to find parts for which makes it expensive to cut teeth with in rally ask peterk how often he had to fix control arms and modify the car. i asked and we talked, he was honest with the downfalls. i remember shooting you a text to pick your brain and again you snubbed me. more flys with honey than vinegar. maybe i woulda cut that bolt together out and caged it and beat her right. good pavement car though

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 17, 2013 05:11PM
HiTempguy
Mr. Jvl lives in a place I'd never live, so talking to him about cost of living is a pretty moot point.

But we aren't talking to YOU about where YOU would live, we're talking to a guy who works about places you know nothing about..

Some people talk in detail to people in various parts of USA and Canada, so they have an idea..

You on the other hand, just talk..mostly shit.

Better a has been, than a never was...

Must be frustrating knowing that you are never going to do a single thing out of the ordinary in your entire life.....

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
HiTempguy
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 17, 2013 05:36PM
john vanlandingham
we're talking to a guy who works about places you know nothing about..

Some people talk in detail to people in various parts of USA and Canada, so they have an idea..

And I'm telling the guy places I do know something about.

As for the second part of your post, well that certainly can't be you, since you know dick-all about dick-all John. You must mean Keith, he's a much better informed person than you when it comes to... practically anything. Right? thumbs up smiley

But I digress, Jeremy apparently is upset about me never replying to a text of some sort and I've apparently "snubbed" him (do people actually say things like that? I thought that was only a thing on shows like jersey shore. not that I'm sure about that, but my understanding of shows like that seems like that sort of attitude). Dude, come out to the next ERC meeting and we'll chat if you honestly feel like that. I think it's safe to say that "snubbing" isn't really how I roll, no matter how much of an ass I am.

And finally, my parents, who have been extremely helpful throughout my life, have never "given" nor "paid" for anything I've done after the age of 18 (actually, basically 16, never had anything paid for besides a roof over my head and basic necessities), SANS college tuition which I am greatful for (3 years worth) and a birthday present once a year and a Christmas present once a year. Anything I own is bought and paid for by yours truly, my racing is on my own dime, as has any of my extra curricular activities been. Since I typically buy myself what I want, my parents do buy my CARS licence for me for Christmas (that's my present), bless their hearts!

But that's irrelevant, since I didn't go to Europe (or is that yurop in jvl speak?) a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and beat myself up doing dirt bike races. drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login