Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

best central us locale to get the most rallys in a year?

Posted by Snidewhips 
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

Re: best central us locale to get the most rallys in a year?
November 27, 2013 07:31PM
i'm sure its the correct thread

i too have thought about where to go to be in a central location and still afford to rally
it seems like a legit question to me

it would be nice to see more events around the country, not as bad as the local drag strips or circle tracks but more events. say on a month on the each side of the country either a stage rally or a brisk tsd or targa. but then again it would be nice to brake even if you win championship too. not that a like to rally for the money, its more about the people and the good time

so, it seems like a legit question to me

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 27, 2013 09:13PM
tdrrally

Naw pretty sure he meant to post in the "I'm outta here" thread.

i too have thought about where to go to be in a central location and still afford to rally

Sure it is, the guy is young and not tied down, he's not a total pussy living at with Mommy and daddy just to get grub and laundry done or dares not move more than a few blocks from where he was born and he sees the Unexplored Southern Area* via a media which is 100% sensationalist and commercial.
Now a lotta folks here have moved and a fair amount have moved to different countries...so it seems trying to "flesh out" the possible choices is part of it..
Rally is just part of life, there's other things and for a young guy that might be things like "are there friendly wimminz that may want to schtup him selnseless....or do they have their knees pressed hard together cause they fear Gawd's Wrath

Only he can say if living someplace where 45-60% of the people "know" the world

is from 6336 to 6583 years old
would be worth it...

it would be nice to see more events around the country, not as bad as the local drag strips or circle tracks but more events. say one a month on the each side of the country either a stage rally or a brisk tsd or targa. but then again it would be nice to brake even if you win championship too. not that a like to rally for the money, its more about the people and the good time

Yeah it would be good but we can learn by watching long term trends, and the trend has been steady downwards in absolute numbers and way down in numbers "corrected for (population) inflation"...

Oh it is, such a shame one can't talk about anything here without people getting offended.

*As Canada's old Cultural Ambassadors point out

there's the Great White North but a featureless empty expanse of terra incognito below the 49th Parallel

** which brings us to that...The 49th Parallel was a great film made in the WWII, released in Oct 1941 by the British writer-director team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger. It is a great film and stirring and well made for a war-time propaganda film.
As wiki says about it's reception

Reception

By modern standards, the depiction of Canadians in 49th Parallel is stereotypical: brave Mounties; decorated Indians; Scottish-accented Hudson's Bay Company men; overwrought French-Canadians, including Olivier's often-criticized accent. However, Pressburger deliberately used the peaceful diversity of Canada to contrast with the fanatical world view of the Nazis. This world view was also played up to frighten American audiences in an attempt to bring America into the war. However, its inclusion of Nazis as leading characters at all, and its criticism of them in spiritual terms rather than straightforward demonisation, are highly unusual for a British Second World War propaganda film. Powell and Pressburger would return to similar themes in the more controversial The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and A Canterbury Tale.

Great movie, full movie is on Youse-tubez

And that is something I tried to give him some idea of with the maps--Diversity does not have to mean divisiveness.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 09:14PM by john vanlandingham.
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

November 27, 2013 10:27PM
at work, wish i could stfu and build right now... cmon am hurrys up!

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

November 28, 2013 05:55AM
john vanlandingham
tdrrally

Naw pretty sure he meant to post in the "I'm outta here" thread.

Sure it is, the guy is young and not tied down, he's not a total pussy living at with Mommy and daddy just to get grub and laundry done or dares not move more than a few blocks from where he was born and he sees the Unexplored Southern Area* via a media which is 100% sensationalist and commercial.
Now a lotta folks here have moved and a fair amount have moved to different countries...so it seems trying to "flesh out" the possible choices is part of it..
Rally is just part of life, there's other things and for a young guy that might be things like "are there friendly wimminz that may want to schtup him selnseless....or do they have their knees pressed hard together cause they fear Gawd's Wrath

Only he can say if living someplace where 45-60% of the people "know" the world

is from 6336 to 6583 years old
would be worth it...

it would be nice to see more events around the country, not as bad as the local drag strips or circle tracks but more events. say one a month on the each side of the country either a stage rally or a brisk tsd or targa. but then again it would be nice to brake even if you win championship too. not that a like to rally for the money, its more about the people and the good time

Yeah it would be good but we can learn by watching long term trends, and the trend has been steady downwards in absolute numbers and way down in numbers "corrected for (population) inflation"...

Oh it is, such a shame one can't talk about anything here without people getting offended.

*As Canada's old Cultural Ambassadors point out

there's the Great White North but a featureless empty expanse of terra incognito below the 49th Parallel

** which brings us to that...The 49th Parallel was a great film made in the WWII, released in Oct 1941 by the British writer-director team of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger. It is a great film and stirring and well made for a war-time propaganda film.
As wiki says about it's reception

Reception

By modern standards, the depiction of Canadians in 49th Parallel is stereotypical: brave Mounties; decorated Indians; Scottish-accented Hudson's Bay Company men; overwrought French-Canadians, including Olivier's often-criticized accent. However, Pressburger deliberately used the peaceful diversity of Canada to contrast with the fanatical world view of the Nazis. This world view was also played up to frighten American audiences in an attempt to bring America into the war. However, its inclusion of Nazis as leading characters at all, and its criticism of them in spiritual terms rather than straightforward demonisation, are highly unusual for a British Second World War propaganda film. Powell and Pressburger would return to similar themes in the more controversial The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp and A Canterbury Tale.

Great movie, full movie is on Youse-tubez

And that is something I tried to give him some idea of with the maps--Diversity does not have to mean divisiveness.

good point, now i understand.

every one still out there have a good holiday, if it applies

two very good films in their own right

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Elite Moderator

November 28, 2013 10:06PM
Someone said Chicago, which isn't a terrible choice, but for the cost of living and (possibly) driving the Dan Ryan.

I'd say St. Louis with it's major transportation hub status means lots of trucks needing attention.

On the rally side, 100AW & Perryville are very close. Sno*Drift, Magnum Opus, LSPR, Ojibwe Forests are about a days drive away. Not certain how far Rally WV is, but probably could be reached in one long day. STPR, same deal. Lots of choices, so good luck.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2013 07:38AM by Vorpal_Rally.
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Daihatsu Charade GTti DOHC Turbo, and Mazda MX-5(miata) Turbo(bent)

December 01, 2013 09:08PM
Move to Melbourne Australia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login