Posted by sackytar 
Anders Green
Anders Green
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

Re: Rally America Serious Problems
January 16, 2014 10:15AM
I don't know what you've been waiting for. I mean, come on, you have to INVEST in your rally CAREER to get more ROI. That's just the way it's done!

winking smiley

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

January 16, 2014 10:58AM
Anders Green
I don't know what you've been waiting for. I mean, come on, you have to INVEST in your rally CAREER to get more ROI. That's just the way it's done!

winking smiley

OOOOh, new business plan. Sell RallyPro bonds that mature when you go 'Pro'

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 16, 2014 11:38AM
Anders Green

winking smiley

No no no I don't have to invest, what do you think all this hoo-ha about "crowd sourcing" is...

Just beg.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

January 16, 2014 11:41AM
Josh Wimpey
Anders Green

winking smiley

I'm getting myself listed on Fantex.

Look for an IPO later this year.
Pete
Pete Remner
Elite Moderator

January 16, 2014 12:27PM
DaveK
NoCoast
Your "stock" motor that costs as much as building an entire Golf? smiling smiley
Your Compact and my Merkur are good examples of what I want to avoid people building and building and building and and and...

Who would want to run a golf though? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out People like to tinker and upgrade when things break.

Did you just answer your own question?

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
DaveK
Dave Kern
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

January 16, 2014 12:31PM
Pete
DaveK
NoCoast
Your "stock" motor that costs as much as building an entire Golf? smiling smiley
Your Compact and my Merkur are good examples of what I want to avoid people building and building and building and and and...

Who would want to run a golf though? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out People like to tinker and upgrade when things break.

Did you just answer your own question?

Not sure I get it? Here in Colorado currently several of us have love/hate relationships with our BMWs. Love 'em when they're running, hate 'em when they're not. The Golf guys have a hate/hate relationship. Hate 'em when they need fixing, hate 'em when they get spanked by a BMW. drinking smiley

Dave
ReluctantGolf
Kevin Andrade
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Mk2 Golf for my rookie year in SCCA RallyX...MK2 GLI with 1.8T for my first event..

January 16, 2014 01:25PM
Josh Wimpey
Anders Green

winking smiley

I would be happy to make the market in 5y CDS for those bonds!
Reamer
Jeff Reamer
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru

January 16, 2014 05:22PM
Yes your correct guys will always cry about being out spent. The point of the stock class is to get people here that is it. There is a point when to much is to much and people will not bite. The classes are there to get new people in the seat. Guys will cry yes but they will still show up and rally. They will not if the money gap is to big.

Entry level from rally cross to rally is to big. Yes most will up grade quick but at least with a class they feel they can get into hooks them.

How to get the event cost down is the hardest part ive found in rally. More local cars means more local rallies means less logistical cost. Means deeper fileds when the big shows come to town.

First rally 2013
Rally car type AWD subaru
Total rallies as driver 6
Total rally cars built 2
Total rally cars caged 3
Total rally cars repaired from offs 4
Total years racing exp other then rally 19 yrs
Like 31motorsports on FB!
Check out 31motor sales on ebay for used Subaru parts
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 16, 2014 06:15PM
Jeff when I began on motorcycles we had A, B, and C or "ex-spurt', Intermediate and "nervous Novice'.
And of course we had trdition engine sizes..100-250 and open in USA
Soon there were more classes. 60, 80, 100, 125, 250, 500,
Oi!
When i moved to Sweden the second time--when I was 19 there was 250 and 500, and A and B.

Huge overlap of speed. up and coming good b guys could do a 10th in a A class---and at the time sweden was far and away the dominant country producing battalions of guys of International caliber---which was the whole reason I was there.

USA did basically nothing. The only guys until the 80s that could do anything Internationally were those few other guys , Jim pomeroy from Yakima, Brad lackey from the Bay Area, Dave Robison from SanJose---who I mentored, got him jobs and shared apartment, found him cars, translated for years and me.. ALL of whom spent their time THERE.

The bikes were the same. Dirt is dirt. the difference was the mentality of a million classes, a million division in the classes, and a million trophies..

Beginners must learn that they suck, that the ONLY real result is the overall result...say to them "you're a Noob, you have a slow POS, whddya expect?"
Get better.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
BlackWidow
Michael Golden
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1972 Datsun 510

January 16, 2014 09:32PM
really good stuff in this discussion. I HAVE NOT RALLIED YET. My perspective is I don't mind spending money on my car, to build it up. True there are some rules that i don't quite like or understand which i have talked about in other posts. But the one thing that will make it difficult for me to spend money on is the fees associated with the Rally. Entrance fees are extremely high I am at the drag strip helping my friend out all the time and what he spends in an entire weekend on food, Fuel and track fees is the cost of an entrance into a Rally. Is it something I am willing to spend money on....Yes..... When I am fully ready to Rally I will only be able to afford 1 maybe 2 (2 will be a huge stretch) rallies for the year. If the entrance fees were smaller and there were more local rallies i could do more. I have not spent a ton of money on my car I just have taken a long time to build it I have a spreadsheet of all the money i have spent and It really is not that much. I am 40 min from Gorman and the off road park that is located there. I know there is the Gorman Ridge Rally (I was a course worker for one of the events) To me that is a great place to have multiple events in a year. Anyway I just wanted to have a voice.

Mike Golden
alkun
Albert Kun
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

January 17, 2014 02:19AM
*sigh* oh claimer races, so dreamy. $12,000?! you guys are nuts! If I got to make a single wish it would be that all the old quarries in the US had folk race tracks in them instead of tract housing... $1000 claimer races every fricking weekend, oh yeah!
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

January 17, 2014 10:02AM
BlackWidow
really good stuff in this discussion. I HAVE NOT RALLIED YET. My perspective is I don't mind spending money on my car, to build it up. True there are some rules that i don't quite like or understand which i have talked about in other posts. But the one thing that will make it difficult for me to spend money on is the fees associated with the Rally. Entrance fees are extremely high I am at the drag strip helping my friend out all the time and what he spends in an entire weekend on food, Fuel and track fees is the cost of an entrance into a Rally. Is it something I am willing to spend money on....Yes..... When I am fully ready to Rally I will only be able to afford 1 maybe 2 (2 will be a huge stretch) rallies for the year. If the entrance fees were smaller and there were more local rallies i could do more. I have not spent a ton of money on my car I just have taken a long time to build it I have a spreadsheet of all the money i have spent and It really is not that much. I am 40 min from Gorman and the off road park that is located there. I know there is the Gorman Ridge Rally (I was a course worker for one of the events) To me that is a great place to have multiple events in a year. Anyway I just wanted to have a voice.

Mike Golden

Yea, he can spend the whole weekend in a parking lot at a drag strip and get maybe 5 minutes of seat time going in a straight line. But in a rally (especially a big national rally) you are getting 120+ miles of racing on public roads and land, and depending on the race, nearly two hours of competitive driving. When you end up with the cost/mile it's not so bad.

Apples to oranges.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 17, 2014 10:13AM
MConte05
BlackWidow

Mike Golden

Yea, he can spend the whole weekend in a parking lot at a drag strip and get maybe 5 minutes of seat time going in a straight line. But in a rally (especially a big national rally) you are POSSIBLY getting 120+ miles of racing on public roads and land IF EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT, and IF the organisers don't listen to the rich guys and rich guys apologists who have agitated for 70 miles total forever because "Well everything at the top is usually decided by that point so what's the point of dragging it out if 1st and 2nd is decided?", and depending on the race, nearly two hours of competitive driving, spread out over 3 maybe 4 days because the people doing it now are pussies and have to be in bed by 9PM When you end up with the cost/mile it's not so bad. Unless you factor in towing time to seat time and it approaches 100 hours of towing to 1 hours seat time

Pomegranates to lichees?
Kiwi fruit to French fries?

Huh?

Oh clarified your post for you a little bit.
You're welshcome

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

January 17, 2014 10:38AM
john vanlandingham

Pomegranates to lichees?
Kiwi fruit to French fries?

Huh?

Oh clarified your post for you a little bit.
You're welshcome

You sound SO out of touch with those "corrections" it is hilarious. Good lord.

Serious question, when is the last time you ran an event? Showed up to one? Or volunteered?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2014 10:47AM by MConte05.
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

January 17, 2014 11:33AM
MConte05
You sound SO out of touch with those "corrections" it is hilarious. Good lord.

I couldn't have said it better. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login