Posted by Ian S 
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

Re: Sand Blast 2014 penalty scandal?
March 21, 2014 05:46PM
You want real heartbreak? This is what happened to our team at Sebring last weekend. Seriously affects our points standings. This is supposedly the top tier of professional road racing in the U.S.

How IMSA blew the world's most obvious call at Sebring
Race officials double down on incompetence.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 22, 2014 10:29PM
Here you are ladies, it came back against us. attached is the route book showing service (not fuel only), the bulletin showing no fuel only notes added and a page from the NASA rule book that says changes to route book must be posted in form of a bulletin. also attached the appeal reply saying we lost but not mentioning anything about failure to post route book change via bulletin. politics failed us this time guys. Draw your own conclusions but as I said before (and as they admitted to us when announcing to the competitors that we won...) this was an organizer level error and nothing against the other competitors etc, this was a race. we won on stage and lost off thats that the damage was done the night of awards when all of this stuff went down so this "ruling" is really irrelevant win or lose as I've already said 100 times. have a great night guys! posting sandblast highlight video shortly for those of you who would like to see it (more info on appeal in that as well)

Thats that folks, nothing left here to see smiling smiley
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

March 22, 2014 10:49PM
Bummer. Yeah, it says "may be placed on" not must be so I see how they ruled that way.
How DID they inform teams that did get that info?

Grant Hughes
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 22, 2014 10:59PM
it was on one printed page of something handed out earlier that day when registering I'm not certain personally, I can only tell you it wasn't in route book or stage notes etc. we arrived at ONE AM the night OF the race and barely got registered. We ARE well aware this is also partly our fault but the fact is when they changed a massive key of the rally from service to fuel only service they needed (by their own rules) to post a bulletin or something to append the printed rule book (and the sup regs emailed to us labelled "FINAL SUP REGS" stating it was A SERVICE.. we have pics of all of this too but it's just overkill...
alkun
Albert Kun
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

March 22, 2014 11:39PM

brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 23, 2014 12:04AM
lol winking smiley awee thanks
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

March 23, 2014 05:47AM
So you are saying they did hand out an official schedule at reg?

You keep saying road book and posted a pic of the road book and the rule you highlighted says nothing about the road book, only the supp regs. Do you have the supp regs handed out at registration?
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1963 SAAB Historic, 1995 Impreza Open Light totaled at WRC Mexico, 2005 STi Pikes Peak winner

March 23, 2014 06:55AM
I've been told by both a particpant and an organizer that you are not sharing the full story. And trying to make NASA look like the bad guys here is a shame. Blaming it on Politics is just being a sore loser. What happed to grace?

Jason McDaniel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2014 07:04AM by modernbeat.
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 23, 2014 10:10AM
Screw this! Not enough drama here. Drama is on FB right now! smiling smiley

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

March 23, 2014 10:54AM
Aw where? Caswell?
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 23, 2014 10:56AM
Where the whole east coast rally community is posting. Robevo at it...

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 23, 2014 11:02AM
Jard
Aw where? Caswell?
LMAO that's like watching the kardashians... you know they exist but don't want to hear about them!

Ozzie is right, there's a massive conspiracy theory going on again.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 23, 2014 11:09AM
Guys I'm posting all of the information I know, I'm not hiding anything you can be told and believe anything you like I'm just passing along what I know and thats the truth. online sup regs and the email saying final sup regs and route book said SERVICE we serviced, rule book says change to route book must be posted, it wasn't this is sincerely all I know. truth is like I said it doesn't matter it was ruined for us that night when their mixup in route book and sups caused all of this to happen and they admitted their fault. again this is all I know have fun on the Facebook drama, I didn't do this for drama I did it because my team was screwed out of a much earned celebration that night.
Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Infallible Moderator

March 23, 2014 11:16AM
What you have posted does not match what you just said. You keep saying that changes "must be posted," but that is different from the rules you posted above. The rules that you posted above say that changes must be communicated to competitors and that this may be done by posting them on some bulletin board. The rules do not say that posting the change is required.

Two questions have not been answered, even though they seem highly relevant. First, what happened at the meeting that you missed? Second, was anyone else treating that stop as a service?

In general, this thread reminds me so much of autocrossing that I had to keep checking to make sure that I wasn't on SCCAForums.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 23, 2014 11:29AM
Matt, I've asked straight out several times something pretty crucial:
How many other people did something naughty at the "gas Only" stop?

I've asked 4-5 times---made allusions to others about it andyou have remained silent..
It is a crucial question. we all know it...

The fact you don't respond to the question is because a) either you know that it is crucial and you know that NO OTHER CREW did anything at the Gas Only Stop----which means the inescapable conclusion is that the instructions and intent of instructions was clear enough to EVERYBODY except your co-driver and you.--- OR
b) you don't read things people write, and have missed the question 4 to 6 times....and if you missed the question when I BOLD it an underline it and make it BIG--and CLEAR that means you either can't rear or don't read or don't pay attention to much to things outside of yourself..

I couldn't begin to guess which, but whenever I encounter people in a conflict who for whatever reason steadfastly refuse to answer crucial questions, I conclude that they are being weaselly.

And life is too short to deal with weaselly people when there so many who aren't weaselly we can spend our time with.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login