john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Sand Blast 2014 penalty scandal?
March 17, 2014 09:28AM
brakim
PS: you kinda acted like an asshole here, not me. "Please for god's sake, shut the fuck up."

No. you're crazy, he was very polite.....How can you say he was acting like an asshole when he said Please

People being assholes don't say please...thumbs up smiley

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Morison
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

March 17, 2014 11:20AM
You really shouldn't be complaining about the delay. Trust me, you don't want the 'quick' answer to the appeal.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 17, 2014 11:44AM
Understood but I was told the meeting on the appeal already happened by some people who I think may know, either way I wouldn't expect it to take weeks and I was told to expect a week. honestly all of the damage is done at this point. the teams victory was taken away from us - we don't need another trophy.. we just wanted to celebrate our victory as a team. <- the truth, just a bummer thats all guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 01:30PM by brakim.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Infallible Moderator

March 17, 2014 12:52PM
Rumors are rumors and unless you hear it from the appeals comity, I wouldn't even consider it being truth. I see rumors running out of control all the time, especially with racers (since we're all competitive and slightly insane).

I do like hearing updates. But a simple "Haven't heard back yet on our appeal. Anyone know how long these things usually take?" Would be suffice. But this is the internet, and we love cats.
mothra
Matt Smith
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

March 17, 2014 12:56PM
Sean Burke
Holy Fuck!!!!!!!!!!Enough already.

^^^^^^^To REITERATE!!! ^^^^^^^^^

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

March 17, 2014 12:58PM
Can someone pass the popcorn?

or maybe this is more appropriate

brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 17, 2014 01:29PM
agreed, I was upset at the time I posted it (thanks to people msging me at the time saying what a joke the whole appeal thing was...) regardless you're right I should have simply said "Haven't heard back yet on our appeal. Anyone know how long these things usually take?"

I love popcorn pass it along! I'll be posting appeal updates as we get them. it's been two weeks and we hadn't heard anything so I posted that last night, when a bit pissed, no biggy.

so... Haven't heard back yet on our appeal. Anyone know how long these things usually take? smiling smiley
Jard
Jared Lantzy
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Free range navigator

March 17, 2014 01:58PM
What I'd really like to see is a scanned copy of the protest decision (assuming you get something written) if you are able to release it "publicly."
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 17, 2014 02:13PM
I'd be happy to shoot it your way man not a problem. if not publicly I can shoot it over to you so you can uhm help me review it.
EricW
Eric Wages
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 WRX

March 17, 2014 02:23PM
brakim
I'd be happy to shoot it your way man not a problem. if not publicly I can shoot it over to you so you can uhm help me review it.

You're making it a public issue by talking about it, but you don't want share the results publicly? C'mon man, that's no fun. drinking smiley

I agree that it's taking forever. But again, it's nearly 100% likely that everyone that's doing the review are people that have lives where they have jobs to pay the bills and aren't racing (crazy, I know!). Give them some time to make the right decision. I'm with Morrison on this one (that should be a coffee mug!): a quick decision is probably not the one you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 02:24PM by EricW.
Anders Green
Anders Green
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

March 17, 2014 02:46PM
brakim
Well guys its been two more weeks and we still haven't heard a result on the appeal yet. I can't believe it's taking this long.

That's understandable. You can't believe it because, through no fault of your own, you don't know what other work is going on. It would be impossible to know this without having organized rallies.

My time has been spent getting bills to all the vendors paid, getting volunteer paperwork together, and actually going to my 9-5 job. I also had time to read three stories to my daughter over the weekend, which I rather enjoyed. Also working on the insurance documents for the guy who was actually injured. There are nine other things that still need to be done on my official list before this rally is completed, involving sponsors, invoices, reimbursements, refunds, letters, and transcriptions. The "unofficial list" is a half dozen other things related to unpacking, cleaning, and inventory.

Matt, your appeal is just one of many things that remains to be accomplished. Other people have things pending as well. I start each rally with, and I'm not exaggerating, 308 items that need to be completed. Please refine your estimate of how much work is involved before and after these types of events take place.

Cheers,
Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 17, 2014 02:47PM
I like that too lol "a quick decision is probably not the one you want." t-shirt? smiling smiley

I'd be happy to share it with EVERYONE if they'll let me. I was simply saying if it's some huge ordeal with NASA and they won't allow it.. I could ask for his private review of it since he wants to see it.. I don't plan on hiding anything. we either won or they aren't following their rule book so we're happy to share the results.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 17, 2014 02:51PM
I was told this passed onto to others and out of your hands now Anders but I'm sure you're very very busy setting up the amazing rallies we all love so much. I've never had an issue with you in fact I've always liked you and you've always taken amazing care of my team and I and while I'm well aware this is entirely irrelevant compared to someone being injured and insurance etc. When you told my codirver you passed it onto the comity I was told to expect a week or so review and its been two weeks. you can understand the frustration. next time tell me it'll take a month or so, I'll be pissed and say thats ridiculous because I'm an ass right? then I'll wait a month quietly as I have these past two weeks. thanks man.

by the way you know we sincerely appreciate all of your hard work on the rallies, fucked politics every now and then or not those races are the most fun we have... ever... and we thank you.

MB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 02:52PM by brakim.
czwalga
steve czwalga
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

March 17, 2014 02:59PM
Woah who was injured? I missed that one.
Sean Burke
Sean Burke
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Honda CRX

March 17, 2014 05:13PM
Steve, you need to update your rally car column on your profile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login