robert martai
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

Re: Sand Blast 2014 penalty scandal?
March 04, 2014 08:16PM
Cosworth
john vanlandingham
Paulinho, cara Paulinho... its drama, and all these guys need drama. The whole rally is all about drama, passion and more DRAMA..And inter-net forum is also about DRAMA..

More drama will save rally.thumbs up smiley

Dio mio!
If people want drama then they need to turn on the tube to these whores, not rally.

[Deleted pic]

you just kind of doing that, making drama , dont you ? You love it i can tell you love it smiling smiley
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 04, 2014 08:51PM
Robevo
Cosworth
john vanlandingham
Paulinho, cara Paulinho... its drama, and all these guys need drama. The whole rally is all about drama, passion and more DRAMA..And inter-net forum is also about DRAMA..

Dio mio!
If people want drama then they need to turn on the tube to these whores, not rally.

[Deleted pic]

you just kind of doing that, making drama , dont you ? You love it i can tell you love it smiling smiley
The drama John V was talking about is not about you, it was about all the people knocking on Brakim. And please don't think I'm starting drama with you, we've seen enough with the hillclimb story already.
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 04, 2014 09:03PM
[/quote]

Well... i have enough experince to understand, to not make drama when you cant really gain anything during a rally. Regional event like SB , without any championship plan to run it for us, exactly qualify for that.[/quote]

You keep on bashing things by saying things like regional event etc... as if you are some pro. You just proved you cant even beat or pass 2wd cars.Your shit stinks just as bad as anyone else's. You also made a complete fool of yourself on the other site about the whole hill climb shit and continue doing so... The world doesn't revolve around you and quite honestly the word on the street is everyone is sick and tired of your BS.

We had a little bit of conversation with you after Shakedown and you seemed to be not as cocky as you sound on the interwebs - Just sayin

PS Don't pick my words. I am not claiming you are slow or I am fast nor am i trying to turn this into a rat race. Just clarifying you are not as fast as your mouth and am speaking out for the crowds...

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
Robevo
robert martai
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 09:05PM
Cosworth
Robevo
Cosworth
john vanlandingham

Dio mio!

[Deleted pic]

The drama John V was talking about is not about you, it was about all the people knocking on Brakim. And please don't think I'm starting drama with you, we've seen enough with the hillclimb story already.

Are you a part of the hill climb story, to make comment on it like this, in here? What Hill climb has to do with anything here?
I never pick on people unless they do it first. If you see it differently please proove me wrong.
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 04, 2014 09:12PM
Anders Green
Anders Green
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

March 04, 2014 09:17PM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't read this thread until now, to remain impartial. I also saw none of the facebook stuff mentioned earlier in this thread. In general I've avoided all discussion of the topic, except to complain to my wife that I wish it didn't happen.

To answer some questions:
1- Bribery/extortion: Oh, come on, that's just silly. The standard protest and appeal fees listed in the route book were the fees paid. The protest fee was in the very first NRS rule book back in 2004 at $50, and the appeal fee was pinned down in 2006 at $250, and they've never changed. Cash has always been a part of protests in racing. We tend to forget that because we generally solve everything at the inquiry level.

2- I was involved only at the Inquiry (informal) level. Thank you Morison for posting the general outline of "Inquiry, then Protest, then Appeal" summary. I wasn't involved in the Protest portion (that was the Stewards) and I won't be part of any discussions that the court has. Unless they call me as a witness, which they could, but I've already written my three page recollection of facts, which I wrote before reading anything here and before reading the actual appeal.

3- The inquiries were all submitted properly, within the appropriate time frame. The protest was submitted properly, within the appropriate time frame, with the correct fee. The notice of intent to appeal was submitted properly, within the intended time frame, with the correct fee. The appeal was submitted properly, within the intended time frame.

4-
Morison
The fact you had to appeal the penalty, by paying the $250, means not everyone agreed. More importantly, neither the organizer nor the steward of the event agreed.

The fact that someone appealed only means that someone appealed. It doesn't speak at all to whether anyone else did or didn't disagree, and gives no insight into whether the ruling will go one way or the other. The fee isn't optional. You can't appeal without the $250. The rules say money is paid, a document is written, a court is convened and so on and so on.

5-
Morison
Interestingly, according to the supp regs, Anders didn't have any real authority at the event.
Yep. As far as ruling on the outcome of the results of this event in any formal way, I'm kind of out of the loop. Which, for me, is actually really nice, I must say. If someone on the court, or anyone anywhere, wants to discuss NRS philosophy or intent, I would be part of that, but actually having a vote, nope.

-------------------------------------

It wouldn't have been appropriate for me to post anything here until the technical aspects (writing my report, receiving the appeal) of my involvement are complete. That was the reason for me not even looking at this thread.

I may or may not provide any further updates here. If I feel there is something that will educate, that would be the kind of thing I would write about. If it's someone directly asking me a gossipy bull**** question, that's the kind of thing where I will just not answer it out of spite, because I can either be working on cool new ideas that I had coming out of this rally, or I can be messing around with petty junk. I get cranky when people take away my time to work on cool things. winking smiley

In fact, I'd say pretty much any question you ask me about this appeal in particular, I'll say nothing until the court reaches a decision. And even that isn't a promise to talk about it then, because see above about cool thing time.

BUT, it is an excellent time for all of you to learn a little bit more about inquiries, protests, and appeals. There's even a write up on part of this inside Rally University, called "The Art of the Inquiry":
http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/Rally301

So keep learning, all of you. smiling smiley It's a complicated sport and we need more people to practice it at a high level.

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 09:28PM
I get the how the fun penalty crap works now anders don't worry I'm well studied now... if the system works then I guess it's ok and we both know we're about to find out if it works or not because we both know which way it should go.. the highlighted rule book we sent you nailed that down. route book says service, not fuel only and no bulletin was posted on it and that alone means we win but theres even more in our favor as you know. I'm sure the system will work but even then I'm not sure why we had to go through this when they even admitted we won and shook my hand and congratulated me. either I didn't understand something there (right in front of you) or maybe just bad sportsmanship? I'm not sure but not really making the sport more fun either way you know? unless they're looking for an unbeatable rival in which case count me in winking smiley (all in good fun guys) we do this for fun... as long as this is fun we will continue to do this...

I know you can't comment until its settled (hopefully tmr? lol) and I don't need you to reply we've already had our discussions no need for more unless you like of course. back to work on some new CF panels (lost a side skirt somewhere) #carbonfootprint new video coming soon. winking smiley
Robevo
robert martai
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 09:29PM
robevo

Well... i have enough experince to understand, to not make drama when you cant really gain anything during a rally. Regional event like SB , without any championship plan to run it for us, exactly qualify for that.
turoc
You keep on bashing things by saying things like regional event etc... as if you are some pro. You just proved you cant even beat or pass 2wd cars.Your shit stinks just as bad as anyone else's. You also made a complete fool of yourself on the other site about the whole hill climb shit and continue doing so... The world doesn't revolve around you and quite honestly the word on the street is everyone is sick and tired of your BS.

We had a little bit of conversation with you after Shakedown and you seemed to be not as cocky as you sound on the interwebs - Just sayin

PS Don't pick my words. I am not claiming you are slow or I am fast nor am i trying to turn this into a rat race. Just clarifying you are not as fast as your mouth and am speaking out for the crowds...

lol
where i was bashing SB or any regionals when i was saying i love it, and happy to run it? Show me please.

Sir you need to calm down and think about twice this comment of yours.
I am not a pro i never said it. I am a slow guy and i am sure you can drive around me any day. I am not sad neither upset about it. In fact i like faster guys , so i can learn from them. Probabaly like form you. I dnot know who are you by the way. Probabaly a nice guy in person, because if you were like this in person probabaly i would remember you. I just cant recall. What car you were driving?

The quote you pasted here, is about not asking people and marshals around to let me get a head other guys. Also not pushing cars on the stage i never saw and been before, following a Jamba notes , and risk my car and myself doing something stupid. Why is that a probelm? Which is not important for me when we are not running for Championships like BR... Maybe wasnt clear for you. I am sure my english the cause. I have no money neither time to run championships. So that is why i wont gain anything . It is clear?
If you sick of my BS then doent read it. No one holds gun to your head to doing it. Skipp them.

About hill climb... again:
Sure i made fool of myself, if you see that way i am sure that happenned. Why make you upset, they wont let me to run the event i really liked, and i was upset about it? With a complete BS excuse. ( I actually was faster then Chris Duplassis which actually drives a FWD car , just once let me defend myself, with your approval i hope )

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 09:55PM by Robevo.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 09:32PM
guys none of this matters and if you really want to see who's fastest no need to talk about it... we are race car drivers... right? winking smiley all in good fun for me here guys but I am always up for a challenge on the track and happy to talk shit before AND after the race :-P just for fun though.. you'll never catch me actually caught up in it, have fun and rally on :-P
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 04, 2014 10:06PM
lol
where i was bashing SD or any regionals when i was saying i love it, and happy to run it? Show me please.

The way you word it makes it sound like you are not fond of "regionals", in fact it sounds more degrading.

Sir you need to calm down and think about twice this comment of yours.

I am pretty damn calm and pretty sure make perfect sense with my comments as the rest will most likely agree.

I am not a pro i never said it. I am a slow guy and i am sure you can drive around me any day. I am not sad neither upset about it. In fact i like faster guys , so i can learn from them. Probabaly like form you. I dnot know who are you by the way. Probabaly a nice guy in person, because if you were like this in person probabaly i would remember you. I just cant recall. What car you were driving?

You may not have worded it as "Pro" but your comments sure do make it sound like it..Again, I never claimed to be faster than you nor did I say you are slow. Unfortunately we did not get to run as we blew the motor the day before the rally. I was one of the fellas talking to you while you were loading your car on trailer after shakedown. Lately, I've been co-driving more than driving (2 kids etc...) but sure will introduce myself to you next time i see you. If I miss you come say hi-as mentioned you dont seem like a total d-bag in person. I should be at ESPR just not sure at what level

The quote you pasted here, is about not asking people and marshals around to let me get a head other guys. Also not pushing cars on the stage i never saw and been before, following a Jamba notes , and risk my car and myself doing something stupid. Why is that a probelm? Which is not important for me when we are not running for Championships like BR... Maybe wasnt clear for you. I am sure my english the cause. I have no money neither time to run championships. So that is why i wont gain anything . It is clear?

The way you word your posts and your driving just didn't match is what i am saying. I have seen you drive on tarmac and you seemed faster. I have no interest in your money or your championship chase. If you feel like you don't want to push why run anything at all? If you are not happy with Jemba and are so worried about your car or your safety why run it? Its statements like these that sound degrading. I understand your English is not the best I dont think the language is the barrier.

If you sick of my BS then doent read it. No one holds gun to your head to doing it. Skipp them.

It's not just me sick and tired of it, it's most as mentioned on my original reply.

About hill climb... again:
Sure i made fool of myself, if you see that way i am sure that happenned. Why make you upset, they wont let me to run the event i really liked, and i was upset about it? With a complete BS excuse. ( I actually ws faster then Chris Duplassis which actually drives a FWD car , just once let me defend myself, with your approval i hope )[/quote]

Congratulations. You were faster than drivers that beat me on a regular basis. Your own words state they are in under powered 2wd cars 4000ft above sea level while you're in a 4wd turbo car. WTF? Get the point when I say you sound like a pro and degrade the regional guys/events?
The reason they did not let you run is cause you did not fit their prerequisites. Not that difficult to understand even in plain English. (I do agree with you that it is silly how they do it particularly after learning of others that will/might be invited that were in similar shoes but it is what it is.) And if what I heard turns out to be true, I will be the first to back you up 100%

I also have to give you credit. You are good at promoting yourself. Just some advice; promote yourself in a positive way as their is only 500 or so of us through out the country...

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 04, 2014 10:11PM
brakim
guys none of this matters and if you really want to see who's fastest no need to talk about it... we are race car drivers... right? winking smiley all in good fun for me here guys but I am always up for a challenge on the track and happy to talk shit before AND after the race :-P just for fun though.. you'll never catch me actually caught up in it, have fun and rally on :-P

We'll see what you have to say after STPR :-)

Robevo
robert martai
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 10:14PM
cool i hope ill see you at ESPR.
EricW
Eric Wages
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 WRX

March 04, 2014 10:19PM
I'm just confused about the phrase "national 2wd" in the context of NRS. The national events are invitational, based on maximum points in the "regions". In our case, the ARC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 10:20PM by EricW.
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 04, 2014 10:21PM
EricW
I'm just confused about the phrase "national 2wd" in the context of NRS. The national events are invitational, based on maximum points in the "regions". In our case, the ARC.

Matt needs to do more reading! lol

brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 10:25PM
that's what well be going for then guys smiling smiley see how easy that was :-P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login