Posted by Ian S 
Robevo
robert martai
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

Re: Sand Blast 2014 penalty scandal?
March 04, 2014 06:41AM
It's a grass root rally. I am happy if I can run it. smiling smiley I had a major problem too, I never got reseeded after we immediately got lost at the event start and we started really back. We were late 12minutes. We got a penalty we deserve. But the biggest penalty was we stuck behind as we had a inside camera we were cruising behind people with safe distance. I didn't know where and when we can safely pass (no recce, first time there) so I was running that way and wait for a reseed...
Then we got twice stuck behind an accident (out of 7 stage all togethet) once we called a fire warning at a rc check point. And generously I got a last finished 2wd car time... Then somebody got stuck on the road and we got stopped by spectators on the stage.... On the stage and we got hold back for a long time when they tried to hook up a car on mine to tow someone out of the sand... How's it that sound. smiling smiley
Etc.

Anyway it was a great event I'll be back smiling smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 06:49AM by Robevo.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 06:47AM
It was an amazingly fun rally with great people as always... just a little sad a few people ruined it for us... everyone agreed that no bulletin was posted and the route book said service which means we win.. my hand was shook I was congratulated by competitors then the same competitors filed something and paid the fee making us file and pay a fee. if we lose our win over this it'll be a little tiny bit worse because we'd lose our championship points and we plan on running for 2WD nationals all season but truthfully most of the damage was done when they ruined the awards ceremony for the team... it was our first big win and it was a fair one with no intended foul play on our part and by nasa rulebook stating a bulletin must be posted to change the route book we won... why couldn't they have just settled it that night it's an easy one to solve I'm told by multiple head nasa techs...
Robevo
robert martai
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 06:57AM
I never said you are not right. I think you are. But I just said what was our penalty related issue. And the rest oh well it is what it is.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 07:02AM
ya I know.. didn't mean to make you think I was attacking you etc.. just stating what I know of it..
modernbeat
Jason McDaniel
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1963 SAAB Historic, 1995 Impreza Open Light totaled at WRC Mexico, 2005 STi Pikes Peak winner

March 04, 2014 07:47AM
brakim
... why couldn't they have just settled it that night it's an easy one to solve I'm told by multiple head nasa techs...

Because they have rules regarding protests. And they were following the rules.

Jason McDaniel
MarkHille
Mark Hille
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
I have two crap boxes

March 04, 2014 08:39AM
Just so you don't think i'm giving you shit I want to say it looks like you might* (you still could receive the win) be getting shafted. From what you've told us it looks like you should have had the win and without any drama. It seems like too small of a community to be pissing in each others cheerios....

I'm sure i'm just confused but:

brakim
We had photos of those and the codriver went over them so to my knowledge no it was on them (I was there when he took pics of them and he was very on top of his job) anders agreed that all 3 areas we had access to including the official route book said service. period. regardless guys this is a bullshit way to end a rally this isn't good racing. we had perfect tires on before. we didn't need tires. we took it easy on the last stage truth be told because we were sooooo far ahead... and we didn't have a steering wheel one stage and no light pod on the night stage (the only stage we ran on our new tires not overinflated, the tires made us no time) we had nothing else to do in service so we just changed tires while being interviewed because why not? we have new ones toss em on we're in first! it was great until the bs... just a bummer is all.

It looks like Greenhause was in the lead until the last stage when he gave up more than 10 minutes to you. How did you know you were so far ahead?

Also, what happened to your steering wheel? My car drives like shit without a steering wheel.
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 04, 2014 09:32AM
Robevo
It's a grass root rally. I am happy if I can run it. smiling smiley I had a major problem too, I never got reseeded after we immediately got lost at the event start and we started really back. We were late 12minutes. We got a penalty we deserve. But the biggest penalty was we stuck behind as we had a inside camera we were cruising behind people with safe distance. I didn't know where and when we can safely pass (no recce, first time there) so I was running that way and wait for a reseed...
Then we got twice stuck behind an accident (out of 7 stage all togethet) once we called a fire warning at a rc check point. And generously I got a last finished 2wd car time... Then somebody got stuck on the road and we got stopped by spectators on the stage.... On the stage and we got hold back for a long time when they tried to hook up a car on mine to tow someone out of the sand... How's it that sound. smiling smiley
Etc.

I thought you had more rally experience, from the amount of talking you do on the forums, and giving everybody advice. How come you couldn't deal with that small issue at a regional event like SB, all you would have to do is politely ask the guy in front at the control. Or politely ask the start control for it. No need to wait for official reseed. And it being Sandblast its the widest rally in America, you can land planes on those roads and you couldn't safely pass?

As for Brakim... can we stop beating the dead horse already? Protests are always messy, anybody remember what happened in 2009 at the same rally with Greg Healey and Eduardo Bancalari.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

March 04, 2014 09:40AM
Cosworth
Robevo
Etc.

I thought you had more rally experience, from the amount of talking you do on the forums, and giving everybody advice. How come you couldn't deal with that small issue at a regional event like SB, all you would have to do is politely ask the guy in front at the control. Or politely ask the start control for it. No need to wait for official reseed. And it being Sandblast its the widest rally in America, you can land planes on those roads and you couldn't safely pass?

As for Brakim... can we stop beating the dead horse already? Protests are always messy, anybody remember what happened in 2009 at the same rally with Greg Healey and Eduardo Bancalari.

Paulinho, cara Paulinho... its drama, and all these guys need drama. The whole rally is all about drama, passion and more DRAMA..And inter-net forum is also about DRAMA..

More drama will save rally.thumbs up smiley

Dio mio!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 04, 2014 09:43AM
john vanlandingham
Paulinho, cara Paulinho... its drama, and all these guys need drama. The whole rally is all about drama, passion and more DRAMA..And inter-net forum is also about DRAMA..

Dio mio!
If people want drama then they need to turn on the tube to these whores, not rally.

[Deleted pic]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 06:48PM by Cosworth.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 10:00AM
Going into the last stage we were only fighting for second place 2WD national we had no shot at beating greenhouse (We had no light pod ours got cooked, water damage) my only goal was to cruise to a second place win and we were up far enough we just cruised with headlights and took it easy and lost like a minute on that stage easy... but safe victory... mid stage I saw greenhouse stuck in the line I would have taken had he not been stuck there (he was on the crown of a fluffy pile of sand attached to a stuck subbie that tried to pull him out, no errors just stuck in sand from my POV)

Regarding the steering wheel see here:

We also got smoked out see here:

Morison
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

March 04, 2014 10:55AM
brakim
...everyone agreed that no bulletin was posted and the route book said service which means we win.

The fact you had to appeal the penalty, by paying the $250, means not everyone agreed. More importantly, neither the organizer nor the steward of the event agreed.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

March 04, 2014 11:25AM
anders took us and the other top teams outside where they agreed we won shook our hands and said you're right nothing said fuel only accept this which wasn't on the bulletin or final official rule book / sups etc.. then they ran off and filed and paid forcing us to do the same... just a waste...
HiTempguy
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

March 04, 2014 04:13PM
brakim
anders took us

Not that I know what is and isn't when it comes to NRS, but I think Keith pointed out earlier that Anders wouldn't get the final say (or have any authority) on this issue?
Robevo
robert martai
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 08:03PM
john vanlandingham
Cosworth
Robevo
Etc.

Dio mio!

i didnt say anything at the event, and still dont care. If i would really care i had good base to protest let say against officials on the stage to let spactators to stop us for minutes..etc But i didnt.
I just said we had an issue as well but we didnt address it and we never really will for the orgenizers and we never take action against ANY fellow racers marshals on stage or in the race or after the race. Being quet about it ,why is a drama for you?
End of the day there is 0 reason to get into dangerous unneccesary pasing attempts etc on stage, in the race where you can loose thousands and win 0. smiling smiley So i didnt push anyone to NOT create any unneccesery situations...
After one stage we got a fire , then couple of guys let pass them at the TC , then we slowly got a head each time, but we only had all together 6 chance to do that in seven stage and two of them was ruined for us, once by the fire once by spectators. So that is let us 4 stage to make any progress to get ahead. I am not that excited to get running around and talk to people to please let me front of you , you know iu am faster.... lol
I am there to have a fun time and learn my car with a new enviroment and new set ups etc. And we just did that. That is a throphy for me.
I didnt know BR was in a position for championship , so that is why i said it to him at least i try , to not protest and just let it go, since it is for fun. But now i see where he is coming from. So he is right. This is not drama, unless you want to see it that way.

smiling smiley Rob

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 08:41PM by Robevo.
Robevo
robert martai
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Mitsubishi Evolution X

March 04, 2014 08:11PM
Cosworth
Robevo
Etc.

Well... i have enough experince to understand, to not make drama when you cant really gain anything during a rally. Regional event like SB , without any championship plan to run it for us, exactly qualify for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 08:18PM by Robevo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login